Jump to content


Winter Ratings


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Content_WG #1 Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:02 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Developer
  • 0 battles
  • 1,215
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
From January 12 to February 7, join battles on your favourite aircraft and earn medals, equipment, gold, and other prizes for your battle achievements!

Full news text

BigBadWolf #2 Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:52 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15663 battles
  • 127
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
didnt see it in the announcement - the Personal Points ranking - is it cumulative? Or "the best" single result will be used? 

Either way, seems like a fun event. Prizes could be better imho
​"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"

SkyWolf__WM #3 Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 15410 battles
  • 5,454
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostContent_WG, on 11 January 2021 - 04:02 AM, said:

From January 12 to February 7, join battles on your favourite aircraft and earn medals, equipment, gold, and other prizes for your battle achievements!
<a href="https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/winter-ratings-2021/">Full news text</a>

 

This requires me to remember and think about stuff on a daily basis. Can't care enough to do that.   :hiding:


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


blindfoId #4 Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View PostBigBadWolf, on 11 January 2021 - 05:52 PM, said:

didnt see it in the announcement - the Personal Points ranking - is it cumulative? Or "the best" single result will be used? 

Either way, seems like a fun event. Prizes could be better imho

 

It's total PP. These particular ratings are similar to the previous ones (for example, July ratings) and have nothing to do with the community run events like the Fall Campaign. It means that you will be able to track your progress and place in-game and receive prizes immediately after the end of the stage but on the other side there are no categories like "10 best results" or "average result".



Master_Cylinder #5 Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:35 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 200 battles
  • 297
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    06-09-2015
Blindfold, you said July Ratings... ... ... I went back in my memory banks and I do not remember a July Ratings Event... ... ... Oooooh you mean July of 2019, okay now I'm with you.

trikke #6 Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:29 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5213 battles
  • 5,053
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

sigh      i hate these ratings events        

 

everyone just concentrates on killing and forgets how to win the battle           i'll admit that it's fun, but i'd love to see "highest PP in won battles"


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:54 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34903 battles
  • 5,767
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Posttrikke, on 11 January 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

sigh      i hate these ratings events        

 

everyone just concentrates on killing and forgets how to win the battle           i'll admit that it's fun, but i'd love to see "highest PP in won battles"


I disagree.  I have run into so many team mates that couldn't carry water in a bucket.  Used to be I could pretty much count on a minimum of Tater Tots at the higher tiers.  Not the case at all any more. They sure get angry when you point this out, however.  137 battles?  35% win rate?  Tier IX?  8 most flown planes are premiums? Give me a flippin' break!  They must be buying their silver by the butt load.   :angry:

 

This way I won't be so prone to losing my temper and letting it show.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Master_Cylinder #8 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:55 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 200 battles
  • 297
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    06-09-2015

View PostblindfoId, on 11 January 2021 - 06:13 PM, said:

 

It's total PP. These particular ratings are similar to the previous ones (for example, July ratings) and have nothing to do with the community run events like the Fall Campaign. It means that you will be able to track your progress and place in-game and receive prizes immediately after the end of the stage but on the other side there are no categories like "10 best results" or "average result".

" It means that you will be able to track your progress and place in-game" So where are we going to be able to track our progress in the game, I have yet to see that this morning!!!



farquare #9 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:15 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18459 battles
  • 51
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Blindfold, there is nothing in the game that says there is an event going on so I would say at least 80% of the players are clules like Underpants

losttwo #10 Posted 12 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10942 battles
  • 15,338
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Posttrikke, on 11 January 2021 - 05:29 PM, said:

sigh      i hate these ratings events        

 

everyone just concentrates on killing and forgets how to win the battle           i'll admit that it's fun, but i'd love to see "highest PP in won battles"


:great:



Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:01 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34903 battles
  • 5,767
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postfarquare, on 12 January 2021 - 09:15 AM, said:

Blindfold, there is nothing in the game that says there is an event going on so I would say at least 80% of the players are clules like Underpants

Read it again O Clueless One.  It doesn't start until 1800 ET.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

farquare #12 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:01 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18459 battles
  • 51
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Hey I did not say that I was as smart as you I just said that you were without a clue, not the same

 



farquare #13 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18459 battles
  • 51
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

did not say that I was smarter than you just said you were cluless

 

I did read it again and I must be blind because I do not see it.

 

 



blindfoId #14 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Administrator
  • 8 battles
  • 1,569
  • Member since:
    07-19-2018

View Postfarquare, on 12 January 2021 - 08:04 PM, said:

did not say that I was smarter than you just said you were cluless

 

I did read it again and I must be blind because I do not see it.

 

 

 

Personal Ratings by Period. Week 1 - From January 12, 15:00 PT / 18:00 ET to January 17, 19:00 PT / 22:00 ET



losttwo #15 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:51 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10942 battles
  • 15,338
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

:teethhappy::facepalm:   who is clueless ?

 

blindfold scores 97 humor points and wins the internet today


Edited by losttwo, 12 January 2021 - 05:52 PM.


farquare #16 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:52 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 18459 battles
  • 51
  • [FK] FK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
that is why I did not see it, it was not in the header like it usually is.  Oh Well my screw up sorry that I am Blond today!!!!!

losttwo #17 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:54 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10942 battles
  • 15,338
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postfarquare, on 12 January 2021 - 12:52 PM, said:

that is why I did not see it, it was not in the header like it usually is.  Oh Well my screw up sorry that I am Blond today!!!!!

 

No worries, we still love you.

 



Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 12 January 2021 - 05:59 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34903 battles
  • 5,767
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I wouldn't go that far but we still respect you.

 

:P


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

pyantoryng #19 Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:26 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 3196 battles
  • 8,602
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
...and so the grind begins anew...the fight for a little pile of gold...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

hoom #20 Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:05 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12982 battles
  • 2,625
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

In the interests of seeing how low a rating I could get -> estimate of playing population I killed an AA gun then quit (fortunately an all bot battle -> only my own winrate takes a hit) -> 35 PP gave me rank 1015 in Period II about 30min before this post.

 

Meanwhile in Period I an honest attempt towards my 10 Token 'daily' with 11,345 PP got me up to 795.

People be putting in some large totals for only 24hrs into a 5 day cumulative count :amazed:


Edited by hoom, 13 January 2021 - 11:06 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users