50 Ways to Kill Your Lover

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

12_inch_Hawk #1 Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36623 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

(1)Guns kills are like missionary, they are fun but can get boring after awhile.  Try to master all of the following to make you a more versatile player;

Bombardier: Shows only once in your Insignias on your achievements but insignias are also shown on every plane that they are achieved in the plane stats. 

- (2)offensive bomb kill: drop your load while overtaking a GA or low flying plane

- (3)defensive bomb kill: drop your load on a high spot in the ground while being chased 

- (4)passive bomb kill: when you drop your bombs from a high altitude bomber and a GA or other plane just happens to get in the way.  It is also possible to hit a plane mid air with your bomb but it is exceedingly rare.

Rocketeer: Get a beautiful green ribbon for your Honorary Ranks every battle you do it in and a Golubev medal in your Epic Achievements every time you get 3 in a single sortie and win the battle plus a token for your first one of each day 

- (5)ground rocket kill: shoot your load directly in front of a GA or low flying plane, similar to an offensive bomb kill 

- (6)offensive rocket kill: shoot your load right up an enemy's rear.  Bomber flights make good stationary targets, GA's are next easiest, off bore axis shots are the most advanced.  Air to air rockets are too easy so use HVAR's to truly master the skill.

- (7)defensive rocket kill: Heavy is coming at your multirole head on, blast your load strait in their face.  Also works on humans but they are often new players that ram you but blame you for ramming them in their spitfire or zero.  

-  (8)long rang rocket kill: rockets blow up at max range even without hitting anything.  If a plane is inside the blast radius it will deal damage without requiring a direct hit

Rear Cover: Get a red and blue ribbon in your Honorary Ranks 

- (9)pure defensive fire: jump into turret mode by pressing T and than kill whoever is behind you

- (10)offensive turret kill: shoot the enemy with your forward firing armament to reduce their hit points than finish them off with your turret after you pass them

-(11)360 degree turret kill: some planes have turrets that rotate all the way around.  Shoot the enemy until they are almost dead than simply let your gunner finish them off for a happy ending

- (12)passive turret kill: do absolutely nothing and let your gunner get kills for you.  Requires no skill and is about as rare as a fish jumping in your boat

Ram Attack: There is no specific achievement but will show if you hover your curser over the silver medal in the battle results.  A collision results in damage to both planes roughly equivalent to the remaining hit points of the opposite plane.  This means the plane with the least hit points will die while the plane with more hit points will live but will still take damage.

- (13)offensive ram: when you are shooting a plane from behind but you are about to overshoot.  only useful if the enemy plane is almost dead and you are short on time.  In most situations the damage to your plane is not worth it and it is far better to be patient and make a second pass.  Often happens when trying to kill a bomber or GA in a heavy.  

- (14)defensive ram: when an enemy is shooting you from behind and just as they are about to overshoot you jerk in their direction forcing them to hit you.  works well when in a turret mode while flying a bomber or GA

- (15)passive ram: someone with low situational awareness kills themselves by running into your higher hit point plane.  Unfortunately it is just as likely to kill you and sometimes buy a noob on your own team.  Be careful it isn't you with low situational awareness trying to steal someone else's kill and accidently killing your own team mate by cutting in front of them when there isn't enough room.  It will appear that they rammed you from behind but it was REALLY YOU!

- (16)Head on ram: another form of passive ram.  AKA the stupid ram or noob ram.  someone in a low hit point plane (like a spitfire or zero) goes head on with a high hit point plane (like a heavy, including heavy air defense aircraft).  Even without a collision they are stupid for going head on with a plane that has more hit points and bigger guns.  If a plane with bigger guns is shooting you MOVE out of the way!  Don't sit there trying to shoot back with your pea shooters.  What makes them even more stupid is they will stay in your guns till the last second before turning away and than blame you for ramming them.    NO IDIOT!, it is the other way around.  YOU are the rammer.  I don't care if "You turned trying to avoid the ram."  YOU didn't turn away soon enough.  YOU should have turned before he even got guns on you.  He turned into you trying to keep his guns on you as long as possible so you don't get behind him and kill him.  YOU are more maneuverable so if he rams you than YOU are doing something wrong because YOU can literally fly circles around him.   The heavy isn't ramming you on purpose they are trying to shoot you.  They are upset by the damage that YOU caused to their plane by being stupid.  

Flames in the sky: Another Insignia like Bombardier

-(17)when you set an enemy on fire stop shooting and just sit back and watch him burn.  If he puts the fire out with a fire extinguisher repeat the process.  Low hit point bots and air defense aircraft don't have fire extinguishers so trust your fires and turn away to another target.

Critical Hit: No official achievement

- (18)crit an enemy's engine or (19)tail close to the ground so they crash

​Maneuvering kill: No official achievement

-(20)Maneuver in a manner that  makes the enemy crash.  That could be around or through terrain features, (21)you could use a lower stall speed to make them stall near the ground or (22)you could use their high speed against them by not being able to pull out of a dive.

3 ways are rare but exciting.  You could use 1 bomb to kill multiple enemies chasing you or an aerial rocket salvo to hit 2 planes at once.  Things have to line up just right for them to happen but when they do it is so satisfying.  The most I ever got was 3 kills with the big bomb on the F2G super corsair.  

P.S. Yes I know the title is misleading but it is a song reference for old folks who get it.  I only listed 22 ways to kill an enemy and you can't master the passive kills and maneuvering kills are situational so it is even less.  To truly master the other skills you have to be able to pick a plane and decide what you are going to do before the battle and than follow through every time.  At least be able to pick the type of kill if not the specific execution. If you can't do that than you haven't mastered the skill yet.  Keep working on it and you will get there eventually.  Turret kills are important because there are daily missions requiring them.  Rocket kills can get you a token every day.  There used to be daily missions to get 10 rocket or bomb kills for 10 tokens or 2 in a battle for 4 tokens.  There are no air to air rockets below tier 8 so that actually took some skill to complete.  I really miss those daily missions.  

trikke #2 Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:24 PM

Major

• 6790 battles
  • [CWM] CWM

it was great seeing you today, GP!       

thanks for the well-written explanations of several of the many features that WG never really explained in detail

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore     

#smarterpilotscanpostpics

losttwo #3 Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:40 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13629 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

:medal::great::honoring:

Thanks for the right up

CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 03 January 2021 - 12:54 AM

Colonel

• 6638 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 02 January 2021 - 10:18 PM, said:

shoot your load directly in front 

shoot your load right up an enemy's rear.  

[chuckles in 12-year-old]

farquare #5 Posted 03 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

Master Sergeant

• 22546 battles
  • [FK] FK

as said above, well writen!!!

Personally I am very fond of the Rocket Kills as I am still number 1 in the game with Rocketeers.  When it comes to Golubevs EvilSnowMan is number 1 and always will be.  EvilSnowMan is number 2 in rocketeers and most everybody else in the game is at least 1K behind him.  I am about to hit 3K  which will put me at 3.7K both games combined

qu33kKC #6 Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16949 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Paul Simon on the Muppet Show:  "There must be 50 ways to love your lever."

sadly, I was unable to find that opening clip on youtube.

12_inch_Hawk #7 Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36623 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postfarquare, on 03 January 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

Personally I am very fond of the Rocket Kills as I am still number 1 in the game with Rocketeers.  When it comes to Golubevs EvilSnowMan is number 1 and always will be.  EvilSnowMan is number 2 in rocketeers and most everybody else in the game is at least 1K behind him.  I am about to hit 3K  which will put me at 3.7K both games combined

As I said before in the original post " Air to air rockets are too easy so use HVAR's to truly master the skill." 

You have 2981 rocketeers (131 Golubev medals)

- 2657 battles in Bv P.210

-1494 battles in F-94d

-102 battles in Bv P.215.02

-19 battles in Bv P.212

-4272 battles in rocket planes (3% Golubev medals)

Total -1291 less rocketeers than battles 

EvilSnowMan14 has 2136 rocketeers (553 Golubev medals)

-1015 battles in Bv P.212

-866 battles in Bv P210

-54 battles in F-94d

-5 battles in Bv P215.02

1940 battles in rocket planes  (28% Golubev medals)

total +196 more rocketeers than battles

I have 1499 rocketeers (206 Golubev medals)

-497 battles in F-94d

-159 battles in Bv P.210

-101 battles in Bv P.215.02

-58 battles in Bv P.212

-815 battles in rocket planes (25% Golubev medals)

total +684 more rocketeers than battles 

Edited by 12_inch_Hawk, 03 January 2021 - 02:50 PM.

EvilSnowMan14 #8 Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 17374 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postfarquare, on 03 January 2021 - 06:20 AM, said:

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 03 January 2021 - 09:29 AM, said:

As I said before in the original post " Air to air rockets are too easy so use HVAR's to truly master the skill." 

-1494 battles in F-94d

-19 battles in Bv P.212

-866 battles in Bv P210

-54 battles in F-94d

-5 battles in Bv P215.02

-497 battles in F-94d

-159 battles in Bv P.210

-58 battles in Bv P.212

Very true there Hawk. Maybe i should spend a few more hrs in my bvp or my 94 and lets see lol. But yeah farquare did pass me in rocket kills but only took him a few hundred hrs longer to do it. congrats on  taking the lead. to me it is like sweat shop vs American made. 

Edited by EvilSnowMan14, 03 January 2021 - 03:32 PM.

farquare #9 Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 22546 battles
  • [FK] FK

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 03 January 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

-1494 battles in F-94d

-19 battles in Bv P.212

-866 battles in Bv P210

-54 battles in F-94d

-5 battles in Bv P215.02

-497 battles in F-94d

-159 battles in Bv P.210

-58 battles in Bv P.212

so help me understan here because I am new to the game, since you can only get one Rocketeer p[er battle you do you have more Rocketeers than battle?????

farquare #10 Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 22546 battles
  • [FK] FK

oh by the way I am still number 1 in Rocketeers, as the saying goes if you cant beat them come up with some nubers that make you look like you are the winner.  As I learned many many moons ago and a boat load of blue moons ago "Numbers never lie but you can get them to say what every you want!!!!"

farquare #11 Posted 03 January 2021 - 03:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 22546 battles
  • [FK] FK
and Evil, it took me longer because I was working on getting Mary up to 15 Skill Points.  I did that when I was given a mission of 5X aircraft XP that was only to last a week and it lasted 109 days, so I had her in the F94D for that period of time racking up XP and finally made it.  Now that she is there I have no idea as to why I wanted her there.  All she does now is rack up aircraft XP.

farquare #12 Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:04 PM

Master Sergeant

• 22546 battles
  • [FK] FK

... ... ...and if I am not mistaken I am the only one that has 5 rocket kills in a battle in 1.9.  If you know of anybody else that has accomplished that please let me know

12_inch_Hawk #13 Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36623 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postfarquare, on 03 January 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

so help me understan here because I am new to the game, since you can only get one Rocketeer p[er battle you do you have more Rocketeers than battle?????

What I am saying is that " Air to air rockets are too easy so use HVAR's to truly master the skill."    Evil has AT LEAST 196 rocketeers with HVAR's because he has more rocketeers than is possible to get with aerial rockets alone.  I have A MINIMUM of 684 rocketeers with HVAR's because I have more rocketeers than I have played battles in planes with aerial rockets.  I cant even guess at how many rocketeers you have with HVAR's because you cant even get a rocketeer with aerial rockets every time.  It is possible that you have ZERO rocket kills with HVAR's but I would guess that you have at least a couple but by no means have mastered the skill.  

EvilSnowMan14 #14 Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 17374 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postfarquare, on 03 January 2021 - 11:04 AM, said:

... ... ...and if I am not mistaken I am the only one that has 5 rocket kills in a battle in 1.9.  If you know of anybody else that has accomplished that please let me know

do you have the replay or screenshot of that cause i had several battles with 5 kills pre 1.9 and alot after 2.0 my best being 7 so far.

farquare #15 Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 22546 battles
  • [FK] FK
to do it in 2.X is not hard and I have had many with more than 5.  In 1.9 to have a screen shot would do no good sicne it only shows total kills.  But I do have a video of it in my dropbox

12_inch_Hawk #16 Posted 03 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36623 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 03 January 2021 - 11:08 AM, said:

What I am saying is that " Air to air rockets are too easy so use HVAR's to truly master the skill."    Evil has AT LEAST 196 rocketeers with HVAR's because he has more rocketeers than is possible to get with aerial rockets alone.  I have A MINIMUM of 684 rocketeers with HVAR's because I have more rocketeers than I have played battles in planes with aerial rockets.  I cant even guess at how many rocketeers you have with HVAR's because you cant even get a rocketeer with aerial rockets every time.  It is possible that you have ZERO rocket kills with HVAR's but I would guess that you have at least a couple but by no means have mastered the skill.  

I'm not trying to diminish your accomplishment in any way.  You obviously enjoy getting rocket kills.  You have done it enough with aerial rockets so now try to do it with HVAR's to get the same enjoyment at low and mid tiers.  It is much harder to do with HVAR's than aerial rockets.  There is nothing wrong with not having mastered a skill yet.  I haven't mastered the long range rocket shot yet.  I have always gone for the direct hit.  Other guys can do it so it is just something I can work on.  When you can get consistent getting a rocket kill in low and mid tier with HVAR's every time than try to master something else.  The whole point of the original post was to give people ideas of stuff they can work on.  I'm assuming after all those battles you can get a rocket kill every time NOW with aerial rockets but if you still can't  just try to get consistent with that instead.   Aerial rockets are so easy to get rocket kills you should be able to get a Golubev almost every time now.

Edited by 12_inch_Hawk, 03 January 2021 - 05:09 PM.

Zigfreid #17 Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:11 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 28430 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

To me the best at rocket kills was Team Terrible, he ended 1.9 with over 3,000!

That's about 1,900 more than Evil & 2,300 more than farquare, that's a lot of kills.

And in 1.9 there were no resupply or respawn you only had one chance.

I liked the head on bomb kill, look you in the eye before you died.

I ended 1.9 with over 3,400 bomb kills, with Zapperguy right behind me.

That was the good old days with a lot of great pilots thanks for sharing.

Zigfreid #18 Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 28430 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The best at bomb killing in 2.0 i would have to give to Prenzlau in his bomber.

He will attack a bomber flight and get 10,000 damage to planes in one pass.

One evening he destroyed 4 out of 5 in the bomber flight twice in one pass, amazing.

Add the ground targets to his air kills and you get a Uber Bomber with 37% Efficiency :medal:

BigBadWolf would be #2 in bombers with 32% Efficiency in our clan!:honoring:

HVAR & DRACS run high 27-29% Efficiencys but can not break the 30% mark

Edited by Zigfreid, 04 January 2021 - 01:43 AM.

12_inch_Hawk #19 Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 36623 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostZigfreid, on 03 January 2021 - 07:33 PM, said:

The best at bomb killing in 2.0 i would have to give to Prenzlau in his bomber.

He will attack a bomber flight and get 10,000 damage to planes in one pass.

One evening he destroyed 4 out of 5 in the bomber flight twice in one pass, amazing.

Add the ground targets to his air kills and you get a Uber Bomber.:medal:

In what plane?  I have tried bombing bomber flights but it never worked so I gave up trying.  I never tried it in a bomber though.  I was trying to bomb individual bombers in the flight with the bombs on multi roles or heavies. 

Zigfreid #20 Posted 04 January 2021 - 01:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 28430 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Post12_inch_Hawk, on 03 January 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

In what plane?  I have tried bombing bomber flights but it never worked so I gave up trying.  I never tried it in a bomber though.  I was trying to bomb individual bombers in the flight with the bombs on multi roles or heavies. 

Try the SC 1000>394ft damage radius>with 10,000 damage>lol so much fun!

But you can do it in most bombers from tier 5 on up, but it takes practice and you have to be sharp. 

One pass Bf-1102 and IL40P watch in your rear view, the eye candy is amazing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users