Jump to content


In-game chat text


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

RC30m1 #1 Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:47 PM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 745 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015
Any chance this can be toggled on or off so that the displayed chat box remains on?

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 08 December 2020 - 10:49 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34961 battles
  • 5,777
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
Not that I am aware of.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Rownd #3 Posted 09 December 2020 - 02:39 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4165 battles
  • 2,090
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015
Yeah, you're engaged in something requiring concentration and see a message flash up in the corner of your vision, and a half minute later when you can finally divide your attention it's long gone.  

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 09 December 2020 - 03:07 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34961 battles
  • 5,777
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
^^^^  This happens all the time, even flying a slow lumbering bomber.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #5 Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:06 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10969 battles
  • 15,348
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

I use to use white out on that corner of the screen.

Now I just staple a sticky note there.


Edited by losttwo, 09 December 2020 - 04:07 AM.


Four_Leaf_Tayback #6 Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:56 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 352 battles
  • 510
  • Member since:
    06-28-2017

View Postlosttwo, on 08 December 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

I use to use white out on that corner of the screen.

Now I just staple a sticky note there.

Staples are for p*ssys.  Nail gun that thang.  You monitor will be fine, I promise.


Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:59 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34961 battles
  • 5,777
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

I gotta try that!

 

:great:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Jaguardian #8 Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:33 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 528 battles
  • 995
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 08 December 2020 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yeah, you're engaged in something requiring concentration and see a message flash up in the corner of your vision, and a half minute later when you can finally divide your attention it's long gone.  

If you absolutely positively need to see that message, when you hit enter to type a message, the page up button will display previous messages that have gone off the screen.



trikke #9 Posted 02 January 2021 - 02:34 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5213 battles
  • 5,064
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJaguardian, on 09 December 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

 the page up button will display previous messages that have gone off the screen.

 

SFMY and i got called hackers (was it hackers?) today         i don't want to miss another sweet note from an admirer, thanks for the tip

 

it was my second time!       he's been called a hacker about a metric ton of times, so it's no big deal to him        hacker!


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

hoom #10 Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:00 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12992 battles
  • 2,626
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

If you missed something you can use Pg Up/Pg down to scroll the chat history.

Sometimes you need to use Enter to get focus on chat before it works (don't forget to enter/esc out of chat again before you try flying controls again)

 


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

losttwo #11 Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:11 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10969 battles
  • 15,348
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
There is always the < alt+F4 > to turn chat off.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:10 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5154 battles
  • 5,917
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Who has the time to read/write chat?

Holy crud, I'm like a one-legged man in an azz-kicking contest when I'm flying.

 

losttwo #13 Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:41 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10969 battles
  • 15,348
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 14 January 2021 - 10:10 AM, said:

Who has the time to read/write chat?

Holy crud, I'm like a one-legged man in an azz-kicking contest when I'm flying.

 

agreed but at the end of match it is fun to scroll back though and read what you miss.

You get to see the 475 lbs fat boy> mommy's basement dwelling welfare recipients

toxic chats.

Some people just hate their lives so much they have to take it out on game chats.

Joystick in one hand and fleshlight in the other.

:popcorn:


Edited by losttwo, 15 January 2021 - 02:42 PM.


CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:11 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5154 battles
  • 5,917
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 15 January 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

agreed but at the end of match it is fun to scroll back though and read what you miss.

You get to see the 475 lbs fat boy> mommy's basement dwelling welfare recipients

toxic chats.

Some people just hate their lives so much they have to take it out on game chats.

Joystick in one hand and fleshlight in the other.

:popcorn:

I laughed out loud.



trikke #15 Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:39 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5213 battles
  • 5,064
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
i wiggle my mouse
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users