Jump to content


How do you know it's a new player?

how know new player

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:19 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 33136 battles
  • 5,452
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

You CAN identify the new players, affectionately (or occasionally scornfully) known as 'noobs'.   Here's how:

 

The noob ignoring the 2 military bases to attack the garrison in the middle which he proceeds to defend to the death while the rockets crumble it below him.

 

The noob who makes all his kills outside the cap zones.

 

The noob who always dies inside the cap zones.

 

The noob who always goes for the bright shiny airbase in the center, ignoring everything else.

 

The noob who converses with the bots.

 

The noob who tries to cap every base by shooting ground targets with his light fighter.

 

The noob who always uses his multi-role/heavy fighter to attack ground targets, ignoring the planes.

 

The bomber noob who always climbs up into the fringes of outer space.

 

The ground attack noob who always goes to shoot planes, ignoring the ground targets.

 

The noob who ignores requests for support attacking strategic targets because he doesn't like to take orders.

 

The noob who decides not to help out on that mine in the middle of the map cause 'everybody' knows there ain't no planes there to shoot.

 

Given time I could probably remember more examples but that's it for now.  Oh, one more BIG one!  The noob who ignores the forum cause he already knows it all.

 

At least a noob has an excuse as a beginner.  When I see a person who has a less than 50% win ratio and thousands of battles doing these same things I always wonder.  Slow (very) learner?  Somebody's kid playing their account?  I don't know.


Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 13 November 2020 - 07:21 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #2 Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:54 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • 15,088
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

:medal:

 

That player that has 5000+ games and is spam attacking a tier4 Garrison and ignoring the 2 military bases

might be doing it on purpose.

Who knows.

I do know I did it yesterday in my new C-714  and discovered the C stands for " catch Fire "

 

Japanese planes do not catch on fire from AA guns but French planes do.

3 matches in a row ( probably burning in the hangar right now using that word ) that C-714 would catch fire as soon as a bullet hit it,

Had to log out and run the repair game thingy in settings.

 

 

Yeah, I know what you mean and when the noobs start getting under my skin because I want to blame them for my

inability to be super pilot and carry a match,

It is time to log out and take a break.

I think it is a mental illness, who knows.

I just have to be the top pilot and carry to the win.

It is my job

it is my pujrpose

It is my duty.

IT IS A FRIGGIN GAME

 

 



Captain_Rownd #3 Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4018 battles
  • 1,973
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015
My noob superpower is dying 2 seconds after Squall Line  :medal:

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


gerr22 #4 Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:39 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5941 battles
  • 706
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

watch out Capt i m under 50% but you may catch a hell of a surprise running into me next time

i ain t NO noob



Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 13 November 2020 - 12:28 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 33136 battles
  • 5,452
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postlosttwo, on 13 November 2020 - 03:54 AM, said:

:medal:

 

That player that has 5000+ games and is spam attacking a tier4 Garrison and ignoring the 2 military bases

might be doing it on purpose.

Who knows.

I do know I did it yesterday in my new C-714  and discovered the C stands for " catch Fire "

 

Japanese planes do not catch on fire from AA guns but French planes do.

3 matches in a row ( probably burning in the hangar right now using that word ) that C-714 would catch fire as soon as a bullet hit it,

Had to log out and run the repair game thingy in settings.

 

 

Yeah, I know what you mean and when the noobs start getting under my skin because I want to blame them for my

inability to be super pilot and carry a match,

It is time to log out and take a break.

I think it is a mental illness, who knows.

I just have to be the top pilot and carry to the win.

It is my job

it is my pujrpose

It is my duty.

IT IS A FRIGGIN GAME

 

 

So, out of curiosity, not being critical (OK, maybe s wee bit) why?  You must know that even if you cap that garrison, it will vanish like a Fourth of July snow cone once the enemy gets a military base or (shudder) two.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #6 Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11340 battles
  • 1,104
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 13 November 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

My noob superpower is dying 2 seconds after Squall Line  :medal:

 

I rolled that superpower as well!



qu33kKC #7 Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11340 battles
  • 1,104
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

I usually type in chat "Humans to the missile bases!" just to clue the newbs in.

 

Best response:  "What are those?"

 

Worst response:  "Don't tell me what to do!" (same individual got VERY salty after we got Air Superiority and I typed from my bomber "just hold them, Little Friends!")

 

another way to tell the newbs:  score less than 1000 cuz they left early.



losttwo #8 Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:35 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • 15,088
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 November 2020 - 07:28 AM, said:

So, out of curiosity, not being critical (OK, maybe s wee bit) why?  You must know that even if you cap that garrison, it will vanish like a Fourth of July snow cone once the enemy gets a military base or (shudder) two.

 

Because i was in 2 previous matches in which the Catch on fire every 7seconds 14times so the next match I just spammed the AA guns at the garrison instead of giving the military base to the enemy.

Even the AA guns were catching me on fire and burn my plane to the ground.

There must have been some sort of glitch in the system. Once I ran the repair thingy it was not as bad.



Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 13 November 2020 - 04:18 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 33136 battles
  • 5,452
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postqu33kKC, on 13 November 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

I usually type in chat "Humans to the missile bases!" just to clue the newbs in.

 

Best response:  "What are those?"

 

Worst response:  "Don't tell me what to do!" (same individual got VERY salty after we got Air Superiority and I typed from my bomber "just hold them, Little Friends!")

 

another way to tell the newbs:  score less than 1000 cuz they left early.


:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

pyantoryng #10 Posted 13 November 2020 - 08:12 PM

    Colonel

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2904 battles
  • 8,575
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The one that flies TOO straight and ended up getting vaporized in 2 sec every single time not knowing what hit them.

 

The one that still yet to learn to differenciate bots from humans, ignoring a nearby human and getting killed by said human as a direct result.



WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Captain_Rownd #11 Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:31 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4018 battles
  • 1,973
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015
You might be a n00b if you let me shoot down your P-38, multiple times, in my "Zero".  Happened in two battles last night, and a couple more the night before. 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:53 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5031 battles
  • 5,692
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 13 November 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

You might be a n00b if you let me shoot down your P-38, multiple times, in my "Zero".  Happened in two battles last night, and a couple more the night before. 


Never forget the maxim by which CorvusCorvax lives (and dies):

DON'T TURN.



CorvusCorvax #13 Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:54 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5031 battles
  • 5,692
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postqu33kKC, on 13 November 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

 

I rolled that superpower as well!


3rd.  :(



losttwo #14 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:13 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • 15,088
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

You might be a noob if...

 

 

your fire button is stuck



losttwo #15 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:14 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • 15,088
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

You might be a noob if.....

 

 

you ping every sector before the match starts



losttwo #16 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:17 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • 15,088
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

You might be a noob if .....

 

 

you have an alt account:trollface::hiding::teethhappy::P



crzyhawk #17 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6141 battles
  • 1,461
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
I make a lot of my kills outside of cap circles.  If I am transiting point to point, I will take what kills come, especially if they are priority targets.  I don't go out of my way to fight outside a cap, but I'm not going to decline it either.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, II, IId; Beaufighter, V, ; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, V, Vb, IX, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Tempest; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; Do17Z7; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Bf110B; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84, 88; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; Mosquito 26; P51K | EU: S510; B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5


Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:31 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 33136 battles
  • 5,452
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postlosttwo, on 13 November 2020 - 07:14 PM, said:

You might be a noob if.....

 

 

you ping every sector before the match starts

:medal:

 

How could I have forgotten this one?!?!


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 14 November 2020 - 12:33 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 33136 battles
  • 5,452
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postcrzyhawk, on 13 November 2020 - 07:22 PM, said:

I make a lot of my kills outside of cap circles.  If I am transiting point to point, I will take what kills come, especially if they are priority targets.  I don't go out of my way to fight outside a cap, but I'm not going to decline it either.


Taking targets of opportunity is NOT the same as always shooting them down outside the cap zone.  It is smart play.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

TeamTerrence #20 Posted 14 November 2020 - 02:45 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 289
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 November 2020 - 02:19 AM, said:

You CAN identify the new players, affectionately (or occasionally scornfully) known as 'noobs'.   Here's how:

 

The noob who converses with the bots.

 

 

 

Or you come from the Netherlands







Also tagged with how, know, new, player

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users