Do you think split-tier flights are fair or unfair? Poll

split-tier flights fair unfair poll

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Fair or unfair? (39 members have cast votes)

Are split-tier flights fair or unfair?

1. fair (14 votes [35.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

2. unfair (20 votes [51.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.28%

3. no opinion (5 votes [12.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

CorvusCorvax #61 Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:37 AM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 02 November 2020 - 10:01 PM, said:

Yet do we see solutions to the problem in this thread?

Mostly man up, take in the rear in stride and play better. (makes repetitive yanking gesture) WG needs to help me more and remove split tiering......

Stat padders will leave if they cannot pad their stats cuz they lost their advantage and their objective cannot be met.

Less stat-padders = better for the game as more new players will break the period I barrier.

Want the problem solved? then start thinking up options!!

Already suggested that flights be limited to a single tier.

Personally i'm a fan of sending a counter troll flight or assisting those in need with a wingman.

I flight up with people whenever they ask, and I've also offered to fly with people who were obviously struggling. I won't split tier with them, though.

How about count ins? don't see that here either

I've been on many a count-in flight to counter bomber mains.

New player join a clan !! missing that here too

I don't see any really active clans in Warplanes. A lot of the clans are kinda 'clique-ish' now, too and don't want people that don't have X number of battles...

Search for flight option? hmmm

How in the heck are you going to prevent seal-clubbing?  Split-tiering is nothing in comparison to high-battle pilots going down into Period I and playing for tens of battles at a time, in specialized planes, with high-point pilots.  Even the Daily Mission options, designed by WG, almost invites that, by rewarding pilots with tokens for going into Period I and wreaking havoc.  Split-tiering is absolutely the least of the concerns there. I see SO MANY solo pilots clubbing down there (T1-3), it's not funny.

I know for a fact many OWSS flight up with new players to help them get past Period I. I've done it myself.  We had over 20 of our members on last night, so I'm not sure where you draw the line at "active" but it kind of felt like a party...

jack_wdw #62 Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:57 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4093 battles
Most newbies don't go back to tier I-III once they have completed their 100 -bots only - battles.
The real massacres start at Tier IV-V.
This is also where the flights tend to get really abusive;

The only valid option (imo) to prevent sealclubbing, is to introduce a skill-based matchmaker and split up the population in skill based leagues. (http://forum.worldof...player-leagues/)

As for the flights:

Why can't they just agree on same tier-flights?

Or maybe give every player the option to invite (or accept an invitation from) anyone on your friendlist into battle (same tier off course).
Make player markers available to anyone, not only flighted players. (Green, Red, Yellow, or any other set of colors)
At start of battle you can mark 3 players of your team with these markers, (by default the 3 best players (human/bot) will be selected, unless you choose to disable or choose a different 3 players)

Edited by jack_wdw, 03 November 2020 - 02:31 PM.

GeorgePatton #63 Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:40 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1696 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 02 November 2020 - 07:37 PM, said:

How in the heck are you going to prevent seal-clubbing?  Split-tiering is nothing in comparison to high-battle pilots going down into Period I and playing for tens of battles at a time, in specialized planes, with high-point pilots.  Even the Daily Mission options, designed by WG, almost invites that, by rewarding pilots with tokens for going into Period I and wreaking havoc.  Split-tiering is absolutely the least of the concerns there. I see SO MANY solo pilots clubbing down there (T1-3), it's not funny.

I know for a fact many OWSS flight up with new players to help them get past Period I. I've done it myself.  We had over 20 of our members on last night, so I'm not sure where you draw the line at "active" but it kind of felt like a party...

Again with the red herrings. If you want to start a separate discussion about whether or not it's fair to allow high-battle pilots in the newbie pool, I'm more than happy to have that discussion. I'm sure you can guess my standpoint on that already!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

WhoaBlackBetty #64 Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4254 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Seal CLubbing Discussion:  http://forum.worldof...ubbing/#topmost

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

CorvusCorvax #65 Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:48 PM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 03 November 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

Again with the red herrings. If you want to start a separate discussion about whether or not it's fair to allow high-battle pilots in the newbie pool, I'm more than happy to have that discussion. I'm sure you can guess my standpoint on that already!

Cheers!
Glenn

You brought up stat padding.  If you didn't want to address it, then don't bring it up.  Again, it's not a red herring merely because you use the term - you have to prove it.

You seem to be having trouble understanding that supporting an argument requires more than just tossing out some rhetoric, hoping something will stick.

losttwo #66 Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:21 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10966 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Fact : Wargasm promotes playing in tier 4 and below or AKA seal clubbing.

Otherwise they would not have daily missions for tier 1-4 for pilots with higher tier planes.

Nor other low tier gift planes.

Fact : Wargasm allows for split tier flights as included with a dual tier matches and match maker.

FEELINGS : no one cares that you FEEL like something is fair or unfair.

Feelings : flights of mixed tier in a mixed match of tier 3 and 4 by experienced pilots is unfair seal clubbing.

Solution to the problem :  then just do not do it. Less you be found a hypocrite.

Justify it all you want with the [edited]line of  " But I am flying with noobs and using an under powered plane"

Your experience is a huge factor towards the win.

It is unfair that anyone force another person to fly a particular way and try to shame them for playing within the rules.

end of discussion.

SkyWolf__WM #67 Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:31 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15447 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I split tiers sometimes. I'm almost always low tier. It isn't an advantage. I don't club seals because I don't fly below tier 3. If you look at my stats (unlike many on here) you won't find a low tier plane in my stats. YMMV and does.  :sceptic:

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 03 November 2020 - 07:31 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

WhoaBlackBetty #68 Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4254 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postlosttwo, on 03 November 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

Otherwise they would not have daily missions for tier 1-4 for pilots with higher tier planes.

Fact : Wargasm allows for split tier flights as included with a dual tier matches and match maker.

Feelings : flights of mixed tier in a mixed match of tier 3 and 4 by experienced pilots is unfair seal clubbing.

Solution to the problem :  then just do not do it. Less you be found a hypocrite.

Justify it all you want with the [edited]line of  " But I am flying with noobs and using an under powered plane"

It is unfair that anyone force another person to fly a particular way and try to shame them for playing within the rules.

end of discussion.

BOOM.

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

GeorgePatton #69 Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:19 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1696 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 03 November 2020 - 10:48 AM, said:

You brought up stat padding.  If you didn't want to address it, then don't bring it up.  Again, it's not a red herring merely because you use the term - you have to prove it.

You seem to be having trouble understanding that supporting an argument requires more than just tossing out some rhetoric, hoping something will stick.

I brought up stat padding in the context of split-tiering. That's an important fact. You then tried to change the argument completely based on the fact that stat padding (as a component of split-tiering) was mentioned. Go take a basic logic course before you try to lecture me.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

WhoaBlackBetty #70 Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4254 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
One point to each. It's boring now.

SkyWolf__WM #71 Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:10 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15447 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postlosttwo, on 03 November 2020 - 02:21 PM, said:

Fact : Wargasm promotes playing in tier 4 and below or AKA seal clubbing

I HAVE flown tier 3 bombers but I HAVE NOT flown a tier 1 or 2 in well over a year.

If you DO fly tier 1 or 2 and claim you do it for tokens then you are a stat padding person who tells untruths. I laugh upon you. 

:teethhappy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

CorvusCorvax #72 Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:44 AM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 03 November 2020 - 09:19 PM, said:

I brought up stat padding in the context of split-tiering. That's an important fact. You then tried to change the argument completely based on the fact that stat padding (as a component of split-tiering) was mentioned. Go take a basic logic course before you try to lecture me.

Cheers!
Glenn

Looks like someone spectacularly missed the point.  I have no doubt you missed it on purpose.  You even using the word logic is full of rich and delicious irony.

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 03 November 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

One point to each. It's boring now.

It was boring from the beginning.  Trying to lay some sort of moral code on top of a video game is idiotic, at best.

CorvusCorvax #73 Posted 04 November 2020 - 02:48 AM

Major

• 5154 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 03 November 2020 - 07:21 PM, said:

end of discussion.

If only is were the end of the discussion.  Too many people start out with their conclusion, then decide to go ahead and justify it, cherry-picking whatever info suits their argument.  At no point will they ever relent.

I suppose if WG did something to address this issue, they'd find another issue to moralize about.

Edited by CorvusCorvax, 04 November 2020 - 02:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users