Jump to content


Do you think split-tier flights are fair or unfair? Poll

split-tier flights fair unfair poll

  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Fair or unfair? (39 members have cast votes)

Are split-tier flights fair or unfair?

  1. fair (14 votes [35.90%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 35.90%

  2. unfair (20 votes [51.28%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 51.28%

  3. no opinion (5 votes [12.82%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SkyWolf__WM #41 Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:10 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 15447 battles
  • 5,454
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostThe_real_Gouldy, on 01 November 2020 - 09:48 PM, said:

 

By your own admission you say you're a terrible pilot so you need someone else to carry you for wins & by split tiering ensuring your carry guy is top tier makes that easier.

Now take two capable players who can already carry games when top tier split tier in meta planes at their respective tiers. How much easier will wins come for them when one of them is guaranteed to be top tier? (Not talking about you corvus)

 

By split tiering you are gaming the MM to receive a known outcome to gain an advantage which is fundamentally an exploit & therefore unfair play.

 

By your own admission your are an NPC.  :facepalm:


***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


GeorgePatton #42 Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:21 AM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1696 battles
  • 5,547
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 November 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Here you go.  You say it's acceptable.  I do not recognize your authority to draw the line.


I actually messed up on that! I meant to say that the crappy plane had to be the high tier plane, not the low tier. IDK how I messed that up. The idea being that it would be a further disadvantage for the split-tier flight.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


The_real_Gouldy #43 Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:22 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    01-30-2020

View PostMudguts_, on 01 November 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:


It's hard to follow what he said, not sure why he mentioned bad pilot, but I think he's saying he'd rather face a split tier so he knows at least one of them will be his tier, versus say a flight of two planes a tier above....I think that's what he's saying...

 

Cap should add a "Lame and worthy of ridicule" category to the poll...I'd vote for that.

 

Ya I thought about that because he said he is solo 98% of the time but that other 2% is a mystery. All I know is that if you think split tiering is not being used as an exploit  then it is either willful ignorance or flawed logic.



losttwo #44 Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:36 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10966 battles
  • 15,344
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 01 November 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

Maybe I'm hard hearted but I believe in 'sink or swim'.  20 years of Military Service are probably responsible for that attitude.  You give advice, encouragement, and a swift kick in the posterior when needed.  Those who put effort into it, listen to experienced advice, and endeavor to persevere will succeed.  Works for most boots.


:honoring: Right on.

Drill Sergeant Waco " raise your hand if you are cold and want to go inside to warm up"

Entire platoon raises hands

Drill Sergeant Waco " GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 20 "



Captain_Underpants53 #45 Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:38 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34955 battles
  • 5,776
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postlosttwo, on 01 November 2020 - 10:36 PM, said:


:honoring: Right on.

Drill Sergeant Waco " raise your hand if you are cold and want to go inside to warm up"

Entire platoon raises hands

Drill Sergeant Waco " GET DOWN AND GIVE ME 20 "

LOL, you been there done that!

 

:great:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

TeamTerrence #46 Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:46 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 322
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

 

For anyone who faced a 3 man flight down 2 tiers and won this debate is bringing on a chuckle.

 

Being down a tier to 1 player out of 2 just doesn't sound like something worth being concerned about.

 

For those who are worried about this maybe you should feel grateful ??

 

In WG's mind they have already done you a favor and this post is just saying make it even more easier.



CorvusCorvax #47 Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:58 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5154 battles
  • 5,917
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostThe_real_Gouldy, on 02 November 2020 - 02:48 AM, said:

 

By your own admission you say you're a terrible pilot so you need someone else to carry you for wins & by split tiering ensuring your carry guy is top tier makes that easier.

Now take two capable players who can already carry games when top tier split tier in meta planes at their respective tiers. How much easier will wins come for them when one of them is guaranteed to be top tier? (Not talking about you corvus)

 

By split tiering you are gaming the MM to receive a known outcome to gain an advantage which is fundamentally an exploit & therefore unfair play.

Wrong.



hoom #48 Posted 02 November 2020 - 06:49 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12992 battles
  • 2,626
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTeamTerrence, on 02 November 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

For anyone who faced a 3 man flight down 2 tiers and won this debate is bringing on a chuckle.

 

Being down a tier to 1 player out of 2 just doesn't sound like something worth being concerned about.

You're not wrong.

Experienced, high winrate players intentionally doing it is still a shitlord move.

 

Somewhat ironically I wound up winning the split-tier battle I'd just crashed out of when I saw this thread (involving a notorious Bombing Flight and I think 45k or so PP between them vs my 11k & my teammates ~8k)


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

GeorgePatton #49 Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:06 AM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1696 battles
  • 5,547
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostTeamTerrence, on 01 November 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

 

For anyone who faced a 3 man flight down 2 tiers and won this debate is bringing on a chuckle.

 

Being down a tier to 1 player out of 2 just doesn't sound like something worth being concerned about.

 

For those who are worried about this maybe you should feel grateful ??

 

In WG's mind they have already done you a favor and this post is just saying make it even more easier.


I don't think that the people who have been there done that are worried about it so much on a personal level as they are concerned about the effect it has on the game. I can only say with certainty for myself - it's not going to affect my personal WR, but I see it being abused and discouraging new players who are struggling to break out of period I facing statwh***s who are split-tiering in specialized planes.

 

I get the whole 'we did it, so can they' argument, but it takes a special kind of dedication to get beat up and keep going. Most people don't have that when it comes to a video game they want to spend their leisure time playing. 

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


WhoaBlackBetty #50 Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:27 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4254 battles
  • 2,995
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
The WarPlanes sissies are winning.  Again.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

 

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

                                                                                                                     

       


CorvusCorvax #51 Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:49 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 5154 battles
  • 5,917
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 02 November 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

The WarPlanes sissies are winning.  Again.

Sadly, yes.

We'll all be flying Nerf Spitfires, and nobody will get shot down, ever, because "unfair!"



losttwo #52 Posted 02 November 2020 - 05:03 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 10966 battles
  • 15,344
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

They could convert this entire game to PONG and it wont bring or keep population.

 

One day people will realize that the population of this game is not a result of the player base.

 

There are far too many " leisure " games to play.

 

It is a specific genre riddled with it's own series of bugs and other problems.

 

Heck I am still waiting for WG to begin airdropping supplies like the other games.



TeamTerrence #53 Posted 02 November 2020 - 08:25 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 322
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

View Posthoom, on 02 November 2020 - 01:49 AM, said:

You're not wrong.

Experienced, high winrate players intentionally doing it is still a shitlord move.

 

Somewhat ironically I wound up winning the split-tier battle I'd just crashed out of when I saw this thread (involving a notorious Bombing Flight and I think 45k or so PP between them vs my 11k & my teammates ~8k)

View PostGeorgePatton, on 02 November 2020 - 06:06 AM, said:


I don't think that the people who have been there done that are worried about it so much on a personal level as they are concerned about the effect it has on the game. I can only say with certainty for myself - it's not going to affect my personal WR, but I see it being abused and discouraging new players who are struggling to break out of period I facing statwh***s who are split-tiering in specialized planes.

 

I get the whole 'we did it, so can they' argument, but it takes a special kind of dedication to get beat up and keep going. Most people don't have that when it comes to a video game they want to spend their leisure time playing. 

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

Yet do we see solutions to the problem in this thread?

 

Mostly man up, take in the rear in stride and play better. (makes repetitive yanking gesture) WG needs to help me more and remove split tiering......

 

Stat padders will leave if they cannot pad their stats cuz they lost their advantage and their objective cannot be met.

 

Want the problem solved? then start thinking up options!!

 

Personally i'm a fan of sending a counter troll flight or assisting those in need with a wingman.

 

How about count ins? don't see that here either

 

New player join a clan !! missing that here too

 

Search for flight option? hmmm



Captain_Underpants53 #54 Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:52 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34955 battles
  • 5,776
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

Well, while not an avalanche by any means, it appears that those who don't like split-tiers out number those who do by a fairly sizeable margin.  So I am going to quit advocating to keep 'em.

 

I still don't personally think they are an exploit but it seems the majority does.  Since I almost always fly solo anyway and have only used split-tiering in about a dozen or less battles (out of several thousands) I don't have but a teacup Yorkie in this fight.  So, WG, why not ban split-tiers and end the constant bickering about it?

 

:popcorn:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

WhoaBlackBetty #55 Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:01 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4254 battles
  • 2,995
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014
LOL you think the bickering will stop?  As long as a sissy gamer is playing, there will be multiple complaints.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

 

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

                                                                                                                     

       


GeorgePatton #56 Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:01 PM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 1696 battles
  • 5,547
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostTeamTerrence, on 02 November 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Yet do we see solutions to the problem in this thread?

 

Mostly man up, take in the rear in stride and play better. (makes repetitive yanking gesture) WG needs to help me more and remove split tiering......

 

Stat padders will leave if they cannot pad their stats cuz they lost their advantage and their objective cannot be met.

 

Less stat-padders = better for the game as more new players will break the period I barrier.

 

Want the problem solved? then start thinking up options!!

 

Already suggested that flights be limited to a single tier.

 

Personally i'm a fan of sending a counter troll flight or assisting those in need with a wingman.

 

I flight up with people whenever they ask, and I've also offered to fly with people who were obviously struggling. I won't split tier with them, though.

 

How about count ins? don't see that here either

 

I've been on many a count-in flight to counter bomber mains.

 

New player join a clan !! missing that here too

 

I don't see any really active clans in Warplanes. A lot of the clans are kinda 'clique-ish' now, too and don't want people that don't have X number of battles...

 

Search for flight option? hmmm

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


The_real_Gouldy #57 Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:09 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    01-30-2020

View PostTeamTerrence, on 02 November 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Mostly man up, take in the rear in stride and play better. (makes repetitive yanking gesture)

 

 

Not sure about you but there is nothing manly about taking it in the rear where I'm from.

 

 

View PostTeamTerrence, on 02 November 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

 

Yet do we see solutions to the problem in this thread?

 

 

 

Want the problem solved? then start thinking up options!!

 

 

Make flights same tier maybe?

Treat the lower tier plane the same as being the higher tier plane in the flight like it used to be.

 

Any solution to this exploit is for WG to implement a fix into the game, not for the players to try a half azz workaround.



Captain_Underpants53 #58 Posted 02 November 2020 - 10:11 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34955 battles
  • 5,776
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
Or they could always stick the higher tier plane in the split to a lower tier.  That would put the lower tier plane in a split at -2.  I suspect that would end the practice.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

crzyhawk #59 Posted 02 November 2020 - 11:55 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6657 battles
  • 1,554
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
I didn't vote due to the options presented.  I won't go so far as to say it's unfair, but imo it's trashy play.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; P36C; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, II, IId; Beaufighter, V, ; Mosquito; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, V, Vb, IX, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Tempest; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; Do17Z7; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Bf110B; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84, 88; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; Mosquito 26; P51K | EU: S510; B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5


Captain_Underpants53 #60 Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:02 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34955 battles
  • 5,776
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Postcrzyhawk, on 02 November 2020 - 06:55 PM, said:

I didn't vote due to the options presented.  I won't go so far as to say it's unfair, but imo it's trashy play.


Sounds like a 'no opinion' to me.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users