Do you think split-tier flights are fair or unfair? Poll

split-tier flights fair unfair poll

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Fair or unfair? (40 members have cast votes)

Are split-tier flights fair or unfair?

1. fair (14 votes [35.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.00%

2. unfair (20 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. no opinion (6 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:27 AM

Major

• 40698 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
I think they are fair but some other folks do not.  What do you think?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

hoom #2 Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14207 battles
Split tier is shitlord scumbag [edited].
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

jack_wdw #3 Posted 01 November 2020 - 09:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4669 battles
It reminds me of those people flying FW-57's in v1.x

WhoaBlackBetty #4 Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• 6290 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
If we are required to fight a higher tier along with quite possibly more experienced pilots, then split tiering is not gaming anything or an exploit.  It is an expected allowed practice, which also gets players to interact more with each other to get flight mates.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."
This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by (guess who). View it anyway?

losttwo #5 Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:55 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13119 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Point of order : Ever noticed how many people complain about being up-tiered when flying SOLO.

Fact: you have a 50% chance of being high tier in every match.

The option ( split tier flight) has been purposely designed into the game.

My experience : Every match I have been in has been a mixed tier match.

The past :  I remember when you use to get a medal for destroying 3 planes 2 tiers higher than you.

IE you fly a tier 4 and shoot down 3 enemy tier 6 planes. See my YouTube Channel for a couple of video's.

or ask and I will post them,

My opinion about your poll : Good way to call out the millennial panty waist players that can't handle competitive gaming.

Simple comment :  If you always want to be high tier then fly a tier X ( tier 10 for those that can not speak Latin )

If you always want to be high tier then join a flight with a pilot in a lower tier plane.

Split tier is fair and this solo pilot will still kick you behind back to the spawn point or respawn trying.

You better hope I am not in the higher tier plane.

GeorgePatton #6 Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:33 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

I think one of the most important things to look at in this debate is the actual design of the MM. For those who are challenged, the MM offered a +/- 1-tier spread:

Tier 1: All 1 or 1,2

Tier 2: 1,2 or 2,3

Tier 3: 2,3 or 3,4

Tier 4: 3,4 or 4,5

Tier 5: 4,5 or 5,6

Tier 6: 5,6 or 6,7

Tier 7: 6,7 or 7,8 (Arguably the worst MM as you go into the jet age with the 7,8 MM split)

Tier 8: 7,8 or 8,9 (7,8 being one of the most favorable MM splits due to the period change)

Tier 9: 8,9 or 9,10

Tier 10: 9,10 or all 10

That's how the MM was designed specifically because the developers decided that the +/- 2 tier split was unfair. I personally liked the +/- 2 split... MM was designed to look at the tier of the lower plane to avoid creating a +2 tier split for the lower tier plane - the developers then saw 'hey, we could end up with solo players in a +2 tier split if we just use the lower plane's MM...' and so they put a limit on the bottom of a flight's MM. It's a 'bandaid' fix to a problem that should have been solved by forcing the same tier in flights.

The next order of business is three-man flights. They were removed because WG decided that having three people coordinating together was unfair. They lost hundreds, if not thousands of players over this decision. I personally enjoyed solo fighting teams of three. One of my favorite battles was when I went against Crayola, Paintball, and Fast and beat all three of them. It was always a huge challenge and so rewarding when you managed to pull it off.

So, looking at the design of MM and changes that have been made to 'limit the effectiveness' of flights, it can be logically concluded that split-tiering, while it is certainly possible in the game, is an exploit of the system. I do make an exception for helping people grind a plane that isn't effective, but here's my take on that - the junk plane has to be the low tier. Y'all can figure out why I say that. 

Interesting to note that many of the pilots who voted 'unfair' could easily solo any split-tiered flight. I think it's also interesting to note that most of the split-tier flights I've seen have been low and mid level statwh***s who are flying specialized meta planes in an attempt to artificially boost their WR. This is both unfair (I'll beat them anyway) and runs off new players who face the same ignorant opponents match after match and don't stand a chance as they're still learning the game.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

HoujuuNue #7 Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11532 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 November 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

The next order of business is three-man flights. They were removed because WG decided that having three people coordinating together was unfair. 

world of warplanes: 3 player flights are unfair

warthunder: 4 player squads

GeorgePatton #8 Posted 01 November 2020 - 02:58 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostHoujuuNue, on 01 November 2020 - 08:51 AM, said:

world of warplanes: 3 player flights are unfair

warthunder: 4 player squads

I'd love 4 player flights - then you could get two elements on a formation and start using some more cool tactics.

Cheers!
Glenn

Mudguts_ #9 Posted 01 November 2020 - 03:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 911 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 November 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

I'd love 4 player flights - then you could get two elements on a formation and start using some more cool tactics.

Cheers!
Glenn

We never had the population to support this, and never will.

"Push me, shove you."

"Oh yeah, says who?"

losttwo #10 Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:06 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13119 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMudguts_, on 01 November 2020 - 10:02 AM, said:

We never had the population to support this, and never will.

Actually we did have the population prior to 1.5

losttwo #11 Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:10 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13119 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 November 2020 - 08:33 AM, said:

The next order of business is three-man flights. They were removed because WG decided that having three people coordinating together was unfair. They lost hundreds, if not thousands of players over this decision. I personally enjoyed solo fighting teams of three. One of my favorite battles was when I went against Crayola, Paintball, and Fast and beat all three of them. It was always a huge challenge and so rewarding when you managed to pull it off.

Cheers!
Glenn

Those were the days.

Had few SOLO vs 3 man flight but this is the only video I made and kept.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:12 PM

Major

• 6018 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 November 2020 - 01:33 PM, said:

Interesting to note that many of the pilots who voted 'unfair' could easily solo any split-tiered flight. I think it's also interesting to note that most of the split-tier flights I've seen have been low and mid level statwh***s who are flying specialized meta planes in an attempt to artificially boost their WR. This is both unfair (I'll beat them anyway) and runs off new players who face the same ignorant opponents match after match and don't stand a chance as they're still learning the game.

[mind boggles at the cognitive dissonance displayed]

LOL, just LOL.

I don't seem to have any trouble beating split tier play when I am top tier.  If I am bottom tier, it wouldn't matter much unless I am in a potent plane at-tier.  Flight or not.  I ENJOY seeing split tier flights when I am top tier - especially ones containing specialized Spitfires.  Calling a mechainc you don't like an exploit still doesn't make it one.  Repeating it over and over doesn't make it a fact.  (Fallacy of the Big Lie.)

crzyhawk #13 Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7381 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
Saw alot of people split-tiering today.  My respect levels drops when I see people do it regularly.

Mudguts_ #14 Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 911 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 01 November 2020 - 11:06 AM, said:

Actually we did have the population prior to 1.5

Sure, when you include the 3 tier spreads also.   Otherwise, no...population dwindled right from the start.

"Push me, shove you."

"Oh yeah, says who?"

Commodore_Sailracer #15 Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11886 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
The game having multiple tiers in a battle is unfair to begin with.  It is even worse when they allow one side to have more higher tier humans than the other side. 

GeorgePatton #16 Posted 01 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 November 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

LOL, just LOL.

I don't seem to have any trouble beating split tier play when I am top tier.  If I am bottom tier, it wouldn't matter much unless I am in a potent plane at-tier.  Flight or not.  I ENJOY seeing split tier flights when I am top tier - especially ones containing specialized Spitfires.  Calling a mechainc you don't like an exploit still doesn't make it one.  Repeating it over and over doesn't make it a fact.  (Fallacy of the Big Lie.)

Corvus, your lack of logic is amusing. Just because I personally don't usually have any issues with split-tiered flights doesn't mean that I should believe they're fair. My thoughts on what is fair or unfair are based mainly on how I perceive the new player experience to be. I've talked with a lot of new players, joined flights with them, and tried my best to keep them in the game. The biggest discouraging factor I encountered while doing this was seal clubbers in specialized, higher tier planes blocking them from really getting out of tier 4. That is obviously exacerbated by split tiering that happens there as well.

I've laid out evidence to support my argument, including knowledge of the game's design process. All you've put up are red herrings and 'it's in the game duh huhuhu'. If you're not going to show some actual reasoning to counter my supported arguments, just admit that you don't care if it's fair or not and move on.

Cheers!
Glenn

losttwo #17 Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:10 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13119 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

LOL, just LOL.

View PostGeorgePatton, on 01 November 2020 - 01:22 PM, said:

Corvus, your lack of logic is amusing. Just because I personally don't usually have any issues with split-tiered flights doesn't mean that I should believe they're fair. My thoughts on what is fair or unfair are based mainly on how I perceive the new player experience to be. I've talked with a lot of new players, joined flights with them, and tried my best to keep them in the game. The biggest discouraging factor I encountered while doing this was seal clubbers in specialized, higher tier planes blocking them from really getting out of tier 4. That is obviously exacerbated by split tiering that happens there as well.

I've laid out evidence to support my argument, including knowledge of the game's design process. All you've put up are red herrings and 'it's in the game duh huhuhu'. If you're not going to show some actual reasoning to counter my supported arguments, just admit that you don't care if it's fair or not and move on.

Cheers!
Glenn

First one must understand that an exploit can be either positive or negative.

Second, one must understand that every individual in this game has the ability to flight up.

It is an individuals choice on how they play this game with in the confines of the rules.

Fair and unfair is kind of beating a dead horse.

You can either look at the game as being unfair as a whole for the SOLO pilot or fair if

the pilot takes advantage of all opportunities or exploits.

The fact is that some planes are meta others are lacking.

The player has the option to fly as he chooses.

The choices are : Solo, flight , tier, plane

Would the game be " MORE FAIR " if Wargaming changed to single tier with a dual mode of Solo mode / flight mode. ?

What if Wargaming re-balanced the teams to be Nationally oriented versus.

The_real_Gouldy #18 Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

Calling a mechainc you don't like an exploit still doesn't make it one.  Repeating it over and over doesn't make it a fact.  (Fallacy of the Big Lie.)

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 02 July 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

As an IL-8 player who recruits T6 players to help me, I don't feel I'm exploiting anyone in a way that is toxic.  Getting my tail kicked all the time while flying solo as a T7 player always in a T8/T7 battle feels pretty terrible.  Am I wrong in trying to get at least a win so I can get past this stupid slow AF aircraft?  Yes, yes, I am exploiting the MM to my advantage.  Am I engaging in a toxic behavior to skew the win stats in my favor?  No.

Saying over & over that split tiering is not an exploit when you've admitted to using it in the past is the big lie.

Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:17 PM

Major

• 40698 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS

:popcorn:  Very nearly a tie in the voting!

Corvus are you gonna vote?

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 01 November 2020 - 07:19 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #20 Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:25 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13119 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

transitive verb

1 : to make productive use of : utilize exploiting your talents.
exploit your opponent's weakness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users