• 8093 battles

Watch me in a Bf-109 get outturned by a Beaufighter! lol

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

GeorgePatton #2 Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:25 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1791 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

That displacement roll in the Seahawk vs HGII...

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

SpiritFoxMY #3 Posted 30 October 2020 - 04:11 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6457 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Remember kids, bombers are completely defenseless against Heavies

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

_Panzerkunst_ #4 Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

View PostGeorgePatton, on 29 October 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

You said it. When I turned left there I thought he'd have to circle around to get behind me. I even said "I like that" thinking I got away. But he just rolled over the top of me and plopped on my tail lol. 

losttwo #5 Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:02 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 11222 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

:izmena: great video work

qu33kKC #6 Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12456 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 30 October 2020 - 03:25 AM, said:

that was glorious.

great video!  :honoring:

Commodore_Sailracer #7 Posted 30 October 2020 - 12:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9672 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Very interesting video.  How much of what we saw there could be attributed to pilot/gunner skill point differences?  Panzerkunst seemed to take a lot of crits.  Also were both planes in each case maxed out in terms of equipment slots?

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 30 October 2020 - 02:49 PM

Major

• 5244 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I was curious why _PK_  didn't use his altitude/speed advantage in a couple of those battles.

Not that it would have mattered much - having played against Reito on numerous occasions, the only way to take him is by surprise AND get lucky.  He is a very good player.

Reitousair #9 Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14372 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

Was a fairly fun session mostly due to the demonstration of more advanced maneuvers and their applications.. I probably should've recorded my perspective, but, oh well.

View PostCommodore_Sailracer, on 30 October 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

Very interesting video.  How much of what we saw there could be attributed to pilot/gunner skill point differences?  Panzerkunst seemed to take a lot of crits.  Also were both planes in each case maxed out in terms of equipment slots?

Pilot skill point differences probably weren't all that relevant, all but one of the pilots I was using was a 7-point pilot, with the fighters having MM2 & ADE while the bombers had BT/ADE/DE. Gunners were only 6-point with DF and PG.

As for equipment differences, that might play a larger impact though I'm not entirely sure. Sea Hawk, Ju-288C, and Tu-10 all have a full set of ultimate equipment that is fully calibrated, Me-209A and Yak-3RD have ultimate gear that is uncalibrated, while the Beaufighter V had uncalibrated advanced gear.

Not sure about the state of Panzerkunst's equipment on his aircraft though I imagine they were also fairly well kitted out.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 30 October 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

I was curious why _PK_  didn't use his altitude/speed advantage in a couple of those battles.

Not that it would have mattered much - having played against Reito on numerous occasions, the only way to take him is by surprise AND get lucky.  He is a very good player.

As it turns out in a 1v1 situation, altitude isn't always an advantage.

For example against the Tu-10, it has two turrets on top of it while it only has one below it. Against the Me 209A, it has the same exact altitude as the Me 262 and is better at climbing on top of having 950m gun range; tends to limit engagement options to horizontal BnZ since the 209A is excellent in the vertical. Against the Sea Hawk, it has pretty good dive acceleration which leads to it being pretty capable of punishing HF's that try to BnZ it. As for going against the Beaufighter V, well... I don't believe he showed some of the more hilarious engagements but it can be quite the magical aircraft.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

GeorgePatton #10 Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:18 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1791 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostReitousair, on 31 October 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

Beaufighter ... it can be quite the magical aircraft.

I lol'd at this! I used to think it was junk until that guy in Discord finally got me to try "laughing in Beaufighter"... :trollface:

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Silence6966 #11 Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3224 battles
  • [UMMNO] UMMNO
Rei is a very good pilot your best chance is to catch him attacking someone else and use good guns to whack him otherwise he can be fun ruiner lol I miss playing with him and Nue and spirit on saturdays but living on the Rz I have crapinternet with too much latency to have much fun playing
If at first you don't succeed, give up loser, you suck. or man up, get better and win

Russian- I-16e, I-17,Yak7m82, Yak3rd, la5, I210, I220 Yak3, yak1m, yak 15, 
Germans-Ar-67, spitv DB605, BF109B, BF109E, BF110e, ME410, BF109z,ME209A,MEP1092
American-F2a1, P36c, P-38f, XP55,
British-Bulldog, venom,Spitfire1,SpitfireV ,SpitfireXIV,Vampire, Attacker, Hurricane1, Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest,
Japanese- Type91,KI431,KI45  KI 61, KI102,
Israeli-S199 best plane ever
international-b-534,

But Corvus says I only fly vampires and spitfires and Corvus knows everything.

_Panzerkunst_ #12 Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

View PostCommodore_Sailracer, on 30 October 2020 - 04:51 AM, said:

My Bf 109E is full spec with balanced turn/speed build. I could have used an engine restarter tho instead of boost cooler. Me 262 full spec speed build. 

1v1 is very different than in game modes, I like speed builds because I can get to where I need to go in battles and avoid dogfights I know I'll lose. But 1v1 when all I have is speed it's not as big of an advantage. But hey, even with that I feel I learned a lot through another player's perspective. 

_Panzerkunst_ #13 Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8093 battles

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 30 October 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

Doing a full vertical attack I had very little time to aim. I found that coming from slightly below affords me more time but he never gives you a clean shot, sort of offsetting your nose. The more you pull towards him to aim, the easier it'll be for him to come around and punish you. It was cool trying a lot of different things because in battle you don't have the luxury of doing so. Made me think a lot more about how I attack... Still got a lot to learn. Twas a good time <o

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users