What is the best way to earn Flight Instruments?

Flight Instruments equipment enhancements calibration

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Four_Leaf_Tayback #1 Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:29 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

So... Lately, I have been working on maxing out a few select planes, but I find that I am getting short on Flight Instruments.

Since I do not pay a lot of attention to things like this, and some of you do, any advice on what planes I should play or shoot down to earn more?  

Thanks for any help.  

Sincerely,

Bobby

(not Trikke's alt, far as I know)

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

hoom #2 Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12417 battles
No idea but Flight Instruments are always the limiting factor for me.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

GeorgePatton #3 Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:01 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Get wins in high tiers. The higher the tier you're playing the more rewards you get for wins.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Master_Cylinder #4 Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:28 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK
had the same issue until I started disassembling equipment instead of selling it.  It takes a little work and time but it is worth it.  If you dont know how to disassemble then just ask any Flying Knight

Edited by Master_Cylinder, 24 October 2020 - 09:29 AM.

losttwo #5 Posted 24 October 2020 - 11:35 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Posted Image

MarkoPollo42 #6 Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3488 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF
Yep, more wins in high tier planes. WoWP is designed to be a very grindy game which is great for me as I want a long time playing flying game. I think it's obvious to all that higher xp wins = more parts = more rng chances to get fight instruments.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 24 October 2020 - 01:59 PM

Major

• 33136 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Maybe fly more bombers?  I have 13K+ Flight Instruments.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 24 October 2020 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14200 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 24 October 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

Maybe fly more bombers?  I have 13K+ Flight Instruments.

I've been flying bombers and I have a low of 478 electrical parts and thousands of everything else,  :hiding:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

MarkoPollo42 #9 Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3488 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

Here you go. Tier 8 Spitfire back to back wins win for 5 flight Instruments + many other parts. How many is always random.

Edited by MarkoPollo42, 24 October 2020 - 04:52 PM.

CorvusCorvax #10 Posted 24 October 2020 - 04:34 PM

Major

• 5031 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 24 October 2020 - 04:29 AM, said:

So... Lately, I have been working on maxing out a few select planes, but I find that I am getting short on Flight Instruments.

Since I do not pay a lot of attention to things like this, and some of you do, any advice on what planes I should play or shoot down to earn more?  

Thanks for any help.  

Sincerely,

Bobby

(not Trikke's alt, far as I know)

I have a giant pile of them.  I would love to sell some to buy some mechanical parts, tho...

I have no idea how I got them all - maybe it happens when you play T8 premiums for the silver?  It's just a guess.

And I wonder, now that I think about it, if a premium plane delivers more parts than a tech tree plane?  Since I am often flying the premium planes in the T8 skies, it piles up the radio electronics and the flight instruments...

MarkoPollo42 #11 Posted 24 October 2020 - 05:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3488 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 24 October 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

I have a giant pile of them.  I would love to sell some to buy some mechanical parts, tho...

I have no idea how I got them all - maybe it happens when you play T8 premiums for the silver?  It's just a guess.

And I wonder, now that I think about it, if a premium plane delivers more parts than a tech tree plane?  Since I am often flying the premium planes in the T8 skies, it piles up the radio electronics and the flight instruments...

This is an unhelpful reply. We don't care if you have an excess of them. There is no way to trade parts to other players. The higher you score in a battle, the more parts you get but it has nothing to do with how much silver you earn as a result so normal or premium doesn't make a difference. Just flying and winning in high tier planes is all that matters.

GeorgePatton #12 Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:04 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 24 October 2020 - 12:54 PM, said:

This is an unhelpful reply. We don't care if you have an excess of them. There is no way to trade parts to other players. The higher you score in a battle, the more parts you get but it has nothing to do with how much silver you earn as a result so normal or premium doesn't make a difference. Just flying and winning in high tier planes is all that matters.

You missed his point. He said he wonders if he got a huge pile of the parts from his enormous amount of battles spent grinding silver on T8 premiums. He didn't pay attention, he just realized that he accumulated them. Then he questions whether premium planes may accumulate parts at a higher rate than non-premium planes. It's an interesting discussion point that merits experimentation to collect data.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

losttwo #13 Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:14 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 9854 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 24 October 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

You missed his point. He said he wonders if he got a huge pile of the parts from his enormous amount of battles spent grinding silver on T8 premiums. He didn't pay attention, he just realized that he accumulated them. Then he questions whether premium planes may accumulate parts at a higher rate than non-premium planes. It's an interesting discussion point that merits experimentation to collect data.

Cheers!
Glenn

I agree with your premise that Marko missed the point. :trollface:

No. Really, I agree with the premise that perhaps premium planes bring in more parts.

As I think back it seems I accumulate more parts over time playing premiums than I do playing regular planes.

Perhaps it is something that should be looked into.

CorvusCorvax #14 Posted 24 October 2020 - 06:53 PM

Major

• 5031 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 24 October 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

No. Really, I agree with the premise that perhaps premium planes bring in more parts.

As I think back it seems I accumulate more parts over time playing premiums than I do playing regular planes.

Thank you.

In order to maintain my Smaug-level piles of silver, I have to play my T8/9 premium planes to drag in the dough.  I often fly with clan mates in order to secure wins (which helps in silver production).  This also has an effect of generating parts.  But I have found that I pile up heat treated parts, flight instruments and radio electronics, and rarely spend them.  I have a large excess, probably because my shortage is ALWAYS mechanical parts.  This is likely because I fly heavy fighters, a lot.  And two things that the heavy fighters need are gun and engine upgrades.  Anyone want to guess which parts are used most?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Thus, my shortage.  And I don't pull the slot machine lever when it comes to calibration or changing the bonus types.  And I SURE as heck don't do it to the Special Projects gear.  Holy crud, talk about parts cost...

In any case, due to the fact that I seem to have the same kinds of equipment on the majority of the planes I fly (including BnZ LFs), the bottleneck is not in the parts that drop less frequently.  And, in addition, since I don't play the lower tiers as much, the drops I get are more weighted to the higher-value parts.  It's just a weird thing that I have giant piles of EVERYTHING except mechanical parts.  Maybe once I get my other two T10 LFs, and the Japanese MRF line, I'll run out of flight instruments?  I doubt it.  :)

MarkoPollo42 #15 Posted 24 October 2020 - 08:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3488 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

View Postlosttwo, on 24 October 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

Ok, I did miss this. I haven't flown enough in premium planes to know if the increases also extend to parts received for winning. That would be useful to know.

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:24 PM

Major

• 33136 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
I do fly a lot and while I really don't know for sure, I have a hunch that Premium planes do NOT deliver more parts in a victory.  Maybe blindfold would elucidate on this question?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #17 Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:16 PM

Major

• 5031 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 24 October 2020 - 09:24 PM, said:

I do fly a lot and while I really don't know for sure, I have a hunch that Premium planes do NOT deliver more parts in a victory.  Maybe blindfold would elucidate on this question?

I have no idea.  I made a surmise because it seems that premium planes generate "more" of everything....

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 24 October 2020 - 10:46 PM

Major

• 33136 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Could be

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Four_Leaf_Tayback #19 Posted 25 October 2020 - 04:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

Thanks for the help.  Lately I have been slumming it in T4 trying to get that extra hangar space and for token missions.  That's probably why I have not been getting Flight Instruments.  

Wow, I used to think T4 was a breeze, but most of my battles involve T5 planes, so that has sucked big time.  Need to complete these dang missions.  

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 25 October 2020 - 05:10 AM

Major

• 5031 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 25 October 2020 - 04:22 AM, said:

Thanks for the help.  Lately I have been slumming it in T4 trying to get that extra hangar space and for token missions.  That's probably why I have not been getting Flight Instruments.  

Wow, I used to think T4 was a breeze, but most of my battles involve T5 planes, so that has sucked big time.  Need to complete these dang missions.  

It is my opinion that there are only two T4 planes that can hold their own at T5.  The Bf-110C-4 and the Bf-109B.  The He-111 can do some work, too, but will fall to speed build Emils, Lightnings, and Bf-110Es.  

Of course, with the Bertha, you have to be careful about the battles you pick, but you can win them if you aren't against a top pilot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users