So how does one get a 2nd chance to be invited to join a clan?

clan

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

MarkoPollo42 #1 Posted 18 October 2020 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3164 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF
I Started flying here in March, was invited and joined the TWE clan in May, was out last month when it was disbanded, got into another clan only to be kicked out for being too vocal (in the in-game chat, not Discord), and now am wondering what I can do to find another clan to fly with? With 3K+ flights in just over 7 months that averages 14 to 15 flights per day so I'm not a seldom seen player. The TWE clan roster (99 players listed) was > 85% dead players that had long quit flying (probably at v1.5 or maybe v2.0 game changes they didn't like). I always get my Sunday weekly crate so that should tell you I fly daily. Already got my Wirraway and am working toward the Fantome on the October missions. Can anyone help?

The_real_Gouldy #2 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:31 PM

Master Sergeant

• 5 battles
For starters don't be a buttwhistle.

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:48 PM

Major

• 32560 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Good luck, you'll need it.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

the_better_tetrisgamer #4 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 3230 battles
  • [B_C_S] B_C_S

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 18 October 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

I Started flying here in March,... and now am wondering what I can do to find another clan to fly with? ...

Weren't you already given a second chance in your last clan? And weren't you the one who philosophized about the Matchmaker conspiracy theory with two accounts over and over again here on the forums? And weren't you the one who unscrupulously ends a game early if you personally think you might lose?
But I might be confusing you - so I wish you good luck in finding a new clan for you.   :hiding:

As Yoda would say: "A long way to become a Jedi it is, but a good Padawan to be is helpful."

Everybody only sees what I do wrong, but nobody wants to see it if I have done something right for once.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:39 PM

Major

• 32560 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Postthe_better_tetrisgamer, on 18 October 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

Weren't you already given a second chance in your last clan? And weren't you the one who philosophized about the Matchmaker conspiracy theory with two accounts over and over again here on the forums? And weren't you the one who unscrupulously ends a game early if you personally think you might lose?
But I might be confusing you - so I wish you good luck in finding a new clan for you.   :hiding:

:medal:

You pretty well nailed it.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #6 Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:43 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 9403 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

All of us could tell you how but you wont listen.

I will tell you how to join S-S-G

NEVER post another " the game is unfair to me " post.

NEVER troll in the game chat

Know when trolling in the forums has gone too far.

LISTEN WHEN PEOPLE GIVE YOU ADVICE / SUGGESTIONS.

Tell TT I said I am willing to sponsor you and give you 1 chance. ONLY 1 CHANCE.

The bridge is already smoldering and about to burst into flames.

CorvusCorvax #7 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:34 PM

Major

• 4930 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostThe_real_Gouldy, on 18 October 2020 - 08:31 PM, said:

For starters don't be a buttwhistle.

I laughed out loud, for real.

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:35 PM

Major

• 4930 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 18 October 2020 - 07:55 PM, said:

I Started flying here in March, was invited and joined the TWE clan in May, was out last month when it was disbanded, got into another clan only to be kicked out for being too vocal (in the in-game chat, not Discord), and now am wondering what I can do to find another clan to fly with? With 3K+ flights in just over 7 months that averages 14 to 15 flights per day so I'm not a seldom seen player. The TWE clan roster (99 players listed) was > 85% dead players that had long quit flying (probably at v1.5 or maybe v2.0 game changes they didn't like). I always get my Sunday weekly crate so that should tell you I fly daily. Already got my Wirraway and am working toward the Fantome on the October missions. Can anyone help?

Being a jackhole on the forums is a bad start.

I would never sponsor you for OWSS, even if your winrate was north of 90%.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:51 AM

Major

• 32560 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I think he is pretty much a lost cause.  I'll bet his school teachers love him (not)

He might try LNSTR.  They put up with The GARTZN!

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 19 October 2020 - 01:54 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

crzyhawk #10 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5832 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI

OP

For a more serious response, try getting people to like playing with you.  The one thing in common with all the people who are trashing you...is you.  Do something about how people perceive you, and perhaps folks will come around and decide you're a decent addition to their clan.  Clearly, just being online and playing isn't enough.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, II, IId; Beaufighter, V, ; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, V, Vb, IX, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

| Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Bf110B; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5

MarkoPollo42 #11 Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3164 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

OK, so my having many, many battles that are blowout wins and losses leads me to think the battlefield isn't level (on purpose) is wrong (as you say) and it's bad to be talking about these here in the forums. Ok, so no more talking about why there are so many blowouts (especially on Sunday, but now I've concluded that more vets are flying against me and that is why it's blowout loss so frequently) is out. Fair enough.

But you are wrong in that I'm a baby boomer and haven't been in a classroom in decades.

Yes, yes, I'm the one who got frustrated about the too many lopsided battles I'm in most of the time. Since the only thing I can easily see is the scores of the bots and after a blowout loss in which I look at the scores and all the red bots have outscored the blue bots right down the line, you tell me how I (human player) can make that not happen? I'll listen. I think the other thread you have up talking about needing a Training Officer (as long as it's global and not just clan private) is a great idea. Make that with an open Discord channel for all players and I'd be there most of the time to be able to hear and learn how to play battles that put me at a big disadvantage (like last night I was in one that was a quick superiority blowout 37:800). So you are wrong to say I won't listen to advise. I just don't need to be trolled with "git gud" and "L2P". I already know I'm not good on strategy. But since there isn't anyone willing/wanting to be a training officer then I and many other new pilots are left to flounder in the wind, get frustrated that I'm in too many battles that go sour in the first 5 minutes, and then talk (complain) that WoWP creates unbalanced battlefield conditions (the MM is logic flawed in the way it assigns the 2 teams of bots). You 3 are of the opinion that my talking about the MM in this way is "conspiracy theory". Since I can't prove one way or the other on this it is just an unsubstantiated theory without proof based on my personal observation over 7 months and > 3K battles flown.  So enough of this and no more of it. Fair enough.

But then where do new players (< 1 year in WoWP) supposed to go to learn how to decipher the AI code of WoWP so that what appears to be another unbalanced battle (damn I'm on the inferior bot side again) and a blowout loss can be stopped before it is just another runaway loss and me saying "hurry up and get superiority so I can move on to the next battle please" and then "Finally, What took you so long to win" results. I certainly want to get to a point where I can minimize this but without any way to get good playing instruction I'm so far just another mediocre player struggling to stay above 50% wins.

My best times of flying are always when I can hook up with someone willing to flight up with me (like Enrico928 for a few morning flights). Then I can get 75% or better wins while I'm in a coordinated battle as a tag team. These flights are the best and I have learned a lot from him (he's one of the great veteran players). Others I have met while in the TWE clan have also imparted some of their WoWP knowledge and that too is of great help to me (like BamaBlitz informing me on how to play the 3 sector South Pacific map when I'm on the team that has only 1 close sector to get 90% wins). Great players like this are fantastic to talk to and fly with. That's what I see as the Roll of a Training Officer. To help all new players learn the do's and don't of WoWP and not get frustrated and put off as much.

Anyway, I ramble on too much.  Thank you for taking time to talk to me here. Have a great day and good hunting.

MarkoPollo42 #12 Posted 19 October 2020 - 11:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3164 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

View Postcrzyhawk, on 19 October 2020 - 05:21 AM, said:

OP

For a more serious response, try getting people to like playing with you.  The one thing in common with all the people who are trashing you...is you.  Do something about how people perceive you, and perhaps folks will come around and decide you're a decent addition to their clan.  Clearly, just being online and playing isn't enough.

Absolutely right.

I should work to make my long departed father proud. He's my avatar pic (1942 photo of him in North Africa as a fighter pilot assigned to the British) He flew P40s in Africa, P47s in Italy from Malta and later Corsica, and finally P51s. He would have been trained to fly Sabre jets in Korea but he got a medical discharge. If he had been medically certified for the Korean War and flew jets I may not be here as a result. Little things can affect the future (butterfly effect).

Edited by MarkoPollo42, 19 October 2020 - 11:48 AM.

gerr22 #13 Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5864 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
apply i will approve on Losttwo s sponcor

gerr22 #14 Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5864 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
sponsor

SkyWolf__WM #15 Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:37 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13828 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 19 October 2020 - 05:56 AM, said:

OK, so my having many, many battles that are blowout wins and losses leads me to think the battlefield isn't level (on purpose) is wrong (as you say) and it's bad to be talking about these here in the forums. Ok, so no more talking about why there are so many blowouts (especially on Sunday, but now I've concluded that more vets are flying against me and that is why it's blowout loss so frequently) is out. Fair enough.

But you are wrong in that I'm a baby boomer and haven't been in a classroom in decades.

Yes, yes, I'm the one who got frustrated about the too many lopsided battles I'm in most of the time. Since the only thing I can easily see is the scores of the bots and after a blowout loss in which I look at the scores and all the red bots have outscored the blue bots right down the line, you tell me how I (human player) can make that not happen? I'll listen. I think the other thread you have up talking about needing a Training Officer (as long as it's global and not just clan private) is a great idea. Make that with an open Discord channel for all players and I'd be there most of the time to be able to hear and learn how to play battles that put me at a big disadvantage (like last night I was in one that was a quick superiority blowout 37:800). So you are wrong to say I won't listen to advise. I just don't need to be trolled with "git gud" and "L2P". I already know I'm not good on strategy. But since there isn't anyone willing/wanting to be a training officer then I and many other new pilots are left to flounder in the wind, get frustrated that I'm in too many battles that go sour in the first 5 minutes, and then talk (complain) that WoWP creates unbalanced battlefield conditions (the MM is logic flawed in the way it assigns the 2 teams of bots). You 3 are of the opinion that my talking about the MM in this way is "conspiracy theory". Since I can't prove one way or the other on this it is just an unsubstantiated theory without proof based on my personal observation over 7 months and > 3K battles flown.  So enough of this and no more of it. Fair enough.

But then where do new players (< 1 year in WoWP) supposed to go to learn how to decipher the AI code of WoWP so that what appears to be another unbalanced battle (damn I'm on the inferior bot side again) and a blowout loss can be stopped before it is just another runaway loss and me saying "hurry up and get superiority so I can move on to the next battle please" and then "Finally, What took you so long to win" results. I certainly want to get to a point where I can minimize this but without any way to get good playing instruction I'm so far just another mediocre player struggling to stay above 50% wins.

My best times of flying are always when I can hook up with someone willing to flight up with me (like Enrico928 for a few morning flights). Then I can get 75% or better wins while I'm in a coordinated battle as a tag team. These flights are the best and I have learned a lot from him (he's one of the great veteran players). Others I have met while in the TWE clan have also imparted some of their WoWP knowledge and that too is of great help to me (like BamaBlitz informing me on how to play the 3 sector South Pacific map when I'm on the team that has only 1 close sector to get 90% wins). Great players like this are fantastic to talk to and fly with. That's what I see as the Roll of a Training Officer. To help all new players learn the do's and don't of WoWP and not get frustrated and put off as much.

Anyway, I ramble on too much.  Thank you for taking time to talk to me here. Have a great day and good hunting.

:teethhappy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

losttwo #16 Posted 19 October 2020 - 02:52 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 9403 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postgerr22, on 19 October 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

apply i will approve on Losttwo as sponsor.

There you go MarkoPollo42.

An offer for membership into SSG.

I will teach you how to take responsibility for your choices.

Just like in real life.

It is not the bottles fault, we get drunk.

It is not the guns fault, we get shot.

It is not the other drivers fault we get hit.

It is our fault for not paying attention.

You went looking for trouble when you went down that dark alley.

WhoaBlackBetty #17 Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3518 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I think TT wants him flown with before he actually gets in.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:12 PM

Major

• 32560 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 19 October 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

I think TT wants him flown with before he actually gets in.

Oh no.  You're stuck with him now.  Good luck!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GeorgePatton #19 Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:38 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 19 October 2020 - 05:56 AM, said:

I'll listen. I think the other thread you have up talking about needing a Training Officer (as long as it's global and not just clan private) is a great idea. Make that with an open Discord channel for all players and I'd be there most of the time to be able to hear and learn how to play battles that put me at a big disadvantage (like last night I was in one that was a quick superiority blowout 37:800).]

Join the official Discord - there's a ton of really knowledgeable and polite people in there who will help you learn the intricacies of the game - including the AI logic. Of course, if you're rude or belittle the advice they give, they'll troll but as long as you're polite and listen they're a wealth of free knowledge.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

SpiritFoxMY #20 Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:46 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5683 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
Given this guy's track record on the forums I'd imagine the trolling and sarcasm will start flying thick and fast but I suppose everyone deserves a chance. 

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Also tagged with clan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users