• 32491 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
:popcorn:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

mnbv_fockewulfe #22 Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• 661 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I still stand by my first post being a factual statement of the mechanics of the game.

Two circle fights are rare.

Rate fights and radius fights are basically the same thing in the game.

Using rudder makes you turn at a faster rate.

All of these statements are verifiable if you care to test it yourself. 

I don't really have a reason to make untrue statements about aircraft performance?

So claiming them to be untrue without testing it is kinda rude.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 18 October 2020 - 02:21 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

GeorgePatton #23 Posted 18 October 2020 - 05:13 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1685 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 18 October 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

I still stand by my first post being a factual statement of the mechanics of the game.

Two circle fights are rare.

Rate fights and radius fights are basically the same thing in the game.

Using rudder makes you turn at a faster rate.

All of these statements are verifiable if you care to test it yourself. 

I don't really have a reason to make untrue statements about aircraft performance?

So claiming them to be untrue without testing it is kinda rude.

Rate fights and Radius fights being basically the same in the game: I will agree that they are much harder to distinguish in the game than they are in real life or simulators. My argument is that just because they are very hard to distinguish doesn't mean that you can't get an advantage by using one or the other in the right situation. It's not going to be something that is extremely obvious when to use which unless you really know your stuff and in most cases you can accomplish the same thing using either because people don't know how to exploit each. Again, that doesn't mean that there is no difference or one isn't better than the other in certain circumstances - just that the level of knowledge most people have lets you get away with a lot of stuff that shouldn't work. Also, the physics of the game makes it easier to get away with things as well.

Using rudder in real life can also increase turn rate - it also affects turn radius. I never argued that it doesn't do either of those things in the real world or in the game.

I apologize for saying that your statements were untrue - I should have said that they were slightly inaccurate as I was not intending to accuse you of making things up about the game or anything like that.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

Dru83 #24 Posted 19 October 2020 - 12:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4807 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
So, ya'll bickering is like two equal performance planes with equal pilots that start on the opposite sides of the circle. Nobody gains an advantage and the circle continues on and on. Break the cycle, agree to disagree and post some vertical ACMs to go with all those crazy circles.

Corsair4790805 #25 Posted 20 October 2020 - 09:48 PM

Airman Basic

• 595 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostDru83, on 19 October 2020 - 04:00 AM, said:

So, ya'll bickering is like two equal performance planes with equal pilots that start on the opposite sides of the circle. Nobody gains an advantage and the circle continues on and on. Break the cycle, agree to disagree and post some vertical ACMs to go with all those crazy circles.

Totally agree.   As a relatively new player in WOWP, I'd love to see some more discussion on how to use the vertical component w/in the mechanics of the game.

I'd also like some suggestions on how to successfully clear your tail when you find yourself in a disadvantaged horizontal turning fight.   There were a couple of nuggets in the original post that got me to thinking, but more detailed explanations would be appreciated.  

There are some planes I loathe to go up against right now - the Spitfire I being the prime example - at least in the horizontal.

trikke #26 Posted Yesterday, 02:48 AM

Captain

• 4875 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

don't think i've ever recognized that i was in a two-circle fight, but i'll watch for it in the future 

it was interesting to read stuff from two expert pilots          even if my eyes started to glaze over after a while

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users