MM Balance algorithm losttwo blindfold

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:04 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

I believe there was an update to the game center on the 5th ( if i remember correctly )

Been in at least 30 battles since then.

This is the first time since i have returned to playing that I have had a TRULY UNBALANCED MATCH.

The other team just did not stand a chance and the score was 400-250 or something like that.

Do not confuse this with a whine or complaint thread, just simply point out the " balance "

and possible " new " algorithm " that WG may be tossing towards the player base.

Could be just a freak accident or who knows what.

Either way it does not jive with what WG has written about the MM nor past experience and consistency.

Over 9K battles and this is the first I have seen or been a part of.

Please note that there are 3 heavies on the blue team instead of 4 multi-roles.

Yes my Beau-fighter is the new premium style. Which should be counted as a heavy in the queue.

I do not know it just puzzles me.

Hoping BLINDFOLD can shed some light on any possible changes or if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Posted Image

Edited by losttwo, 07 October 2020 - 07:06 PM.

losttwo #2 Posted 07 October 2020 - 05:12 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

By the way.

33 battles in the BeauV and not once was it ever counted as a Multi-role.

Until today

desert786 #3 Posted 07 October 2020 - 07:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22850 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

thats a bit odd. usually the templates system would replace a LF bot with a HF player, but because the enemy had 2 LF players the MM matches 2 LF bots vs the LF players and replaces a MR bot on your team.

As for logical MM. are you kidding. have you played any other WeeGee title? what makes you think this company is competent enough to make a logical MM? people have been asking to reclassify TD's over in tank for years now. nothing like having a JP E100 vs a STRV on a city map or vice-versa on an open map. Or radar CA's in boats.

from my near decade of experience with WG. i hold out 0 hope for a competent, fair or balanced MM.

GeorgePatton #4 Posted 07 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View Postdesert786, on 07 October 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

thats a bit odd. usually the templates system would replace a LF bot with a HF player, but because the enemy had 2 LF players the MM matches 2 LF bots vs the LF players and replaces a MR bot on your team.

As for logical MM. are you kidding. have you played any other WeeGee title? what makes you think this company is competent enough to make a logical MM? people have been asking to reclassify TD's over in tank for years now. nothing like having a JP E100 vs a STRV on a city map or vice-versa on an open map. Or radar CA's in boats.

from my near decade of experience with WG. i hold out 0 hope for a competent, fair or balanced MM.

Can confirm!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

losttwo #5 Posted 07 October 2020 - 09:34 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View Postdesert786, on 07 October 2020 - 02:07 PM, said:

This is the first time I have seen an offset or been a part of one.

Never seen a LF replaced with a HF or anything of the sort.

I have always seen the normal ( regardless of human or bot )

2 bombers

2 HF

2 GA

2 LF

4 MR

WhoaBlackBetty #6 Posted 07 October 2020 - 11:23 PM

Captain

• 7257 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
Can I get my IL 40P listed as a LF?

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

"Fair" is a 4 letter "F" word.                                                                                                                   

losttwo #7 Posted 07 October 2020 - 11:36 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 07 October 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Can I get my IL 40P listed as a LF?

:great:

desert786 #8 Posted 08 October 2020 - 12:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22850 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

it seems the MM weights LF and HF's the same. i have been in match's with 4 HF and zero LF's on one side.

same goes for GAA and bombers. if somehow 3 GAA or 3 bombers end up on one side the MM will one add one bot of whatever is missing in the template. Its seems the MM trys to keep GA to a max of 4.

Once multiple flights and/or a bunch of players (more than 4) get puts on each side the template kinda breaks. the MM is not smart enough to divide up planes by type and tier evenly. it just dumps whatever is in the tier parameters onto sides at what seems random.

losttwo #9 Posted 08 October 2020 - 12:17 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View Postdesert786, on 07 October 2020 - 07:11 PM, said:

it seems the MM weights LF and HF's the same. i have been in match's with 4 HF and zero LF's on one side.

same goes for GAA and bombers. if somehow 3 GAA or 3 bombers end up on one side the MM will one add one bot of whatever is missing in the template. Its seems the MM trys to keep GA to a max of 4.

Once multiple flights and/or a bunch of players (more than 4) get puts on each side the template kinda breaks. the MM is not smart enough to divide up planes by type and tier evenly. it just dumps whatever is in the tier parameters onto sides at what seems random.

Yeah but today is the first day in 9K battles i have ever experienced this kind of unbalance.

Have had two battles with the strange match making.

It is like the queue is just picking the first set of humans to fill blue team then fill red team.

Slap a few bots to finish it up.

Like getting in line at Disney. You never know what type of person just got in before you or after.

GeorgePatton #10 Posted 08 October 2020 - 12:33 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Might be because you crossed the 59% victory rating. Everybody I know with >60% WR has been experiencing this since at least the last patch. I don't really have any data on <60% WR, but I suspect that once you hit a certain WR you start seeing weird matches.

Cheers!
Glenn

losttwo #11 Posted 08 October 2020 - 01:33 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13682 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

View PostGeorgePatton, on 07 October 2020 - 07:33 PM, said:

Might be because you crossed the 59% victory rating. Everybody I know with >60% WR has been experiencing this since at least the last patch. I don't really have any data on <60% WR, but I suspect that once you hit a certain WR you start seeing weird matches.

Cheers!
Glenn

I can actually buy into that explanation.

We were complaining so much about " seal clubbing " and/ or the fact we had bots and the game lacked challenge.

I have no way to verify due to lack of past screen shot comparisons from 60+% win rate holders.

GeorgePatton #12 Posted 08 October 2020 - 02:59 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 2068 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

Yeah, I know a lot of the guys in the official Discord with 60+ WR have been complaining about it for ages. I've personally experienced it throughout my time with WoWP and I think the lowest my WR went was 55% but I don't want to use that as a hard and fast number since it's only been my personal experience.

Cheers!

Glenn

WhoaBlackBetty #13 Posted 08 October 2020 - 02:59 AM

Captain

• 7257 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E
I am at almost 60%, have not seen a real diff yet.  I believe losty because he is ... losty, but WG has not poked at me yet.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!
J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

"Fair" is a 4 letter "F" word.                                                                                                                   

Captain_Rownd #14 Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4862 battles

I see teams stacked with heavies regularly - particularly, no-lifer Specialized heavies.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510 :: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: MiG-9 :: MiG-15 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: LaGG-3 (34) :: Me 329 

Also tagged with MM, Balance, algorithm, losttwo, blindfold

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users