Free Experience

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Scrawnybeaver #1 Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:01 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1118 battles

I just started playing WoWp and I noticed that the free experience from my WOT account is available in my WoWp account.  Is that a bug?  I can do quite a bit of research with 165K Free XP.  Too bad my WOT silver did not transfer as well.

Master_Cylinder #2 Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK
only gold and free XP are in both accounts.  I will forwarn you that 165K is not a lot of XP in war planes you will consume that quickly

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 15 September 2020 - 09:44 PM

Major

• 33439 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Not a bug
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #4 Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:14 PM

Captain

• 5030 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

whatever you do, stay low tier until you can learn the bot tendencies, and become top pilot on a regular basis

watch what vets do to win, then try to emulate that until you're top pilot and winner

each tier teaches a lesson that you'll need for the next tier

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

trikke #5 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:15 AM

Captain

• 5030 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
oh... and try heavies as a vocation          mostly because other heavies, GAs and bombers hate 'em hard, hard as a jagged rock        especially bomber people, like CU

Edited by trikke, 16 September 2020 - 02:17 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:30 AM

Major

• 33439 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Posttrikke, on 15 September 2020 - 09:15 PM, said:

oh... and try heavies as a vocation          mostly because other heavies, GAs and bombers hate 'em hard, hard as a jagged rock        especially bomber people, like CU

What?!?!  Hate is such a strong word!  I have a mild  er, maybe intense dislike er, OK, hate it is!

:izmena:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

gerr22 #7 Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:55 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5994 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
HATE it is cap deep down HATE

Dru83 #8 Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5012 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Like the other guys have said, don't rush to spend that free xp. It would better serve you once you've gotten to the mid-high tiers. There are some planes where you really want to use free xp to quickly upgrade certain modules, usually guns or engines. For example, with the Stuka, the tier 5 German GA, it is really useless without the giant antitank cannons, so it's more than worth it to free xp them. However, I wouldn't use free xp to upgrade to the next plane, grind that xp the hard way and save the free xp for upgrading engine/gun/airframe modules. Grinding the xp to upgrade the hard way will also give you plenty of time to learn the game, like others have said, going up the tiers quickly will get you frustrated once you hit the mid and high tiers.  The other thing the free xp is good for is getting more points for your pilots. I'd wait though, until you've used the free xp to upgrade modules on the planes you're flying because as the guys said, free xp disappears fast around these parts.

As far as what to fly, I'd recommend you fly a little bit of everything till you know what you like, then focus your efforts into 3-4 lines. Be advised that most planes fly similarly until tier 3 or 4 when they start to change to be more like the rest of the planes in the line. Also, be aware that not all planes in the same class fly similarly. Especially with light fighters, there are some that turn very well, but are slow (Turn and Burn or TnB) and there are some that fly very fast, but can't turn well (Boom and Zoom or BnZ).

Scrawnybeaver #9 Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1118 battles

View PostMaster_Cylinder, on 15 September 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

only gold and free XP are in both accounts.  I will forwarn you that 165K is not a lot of XP in war planes you will consume that quickly

True if you want to get to many higher tier planes but that is not my goal.  I will stop at the tier where players congregate because I will get tired of fighting mostly bots after a while and I understand that this is T6?.   WOT taught me that it is not the number of tanks that you have that matters but getting fun ones to play.  My WOT hangar is full of tanks I rarely, if ever, touch.   25K Free XP will get me a topped up Spit 1 at T5 so it is not so bad.

It is easy to generate Free XP in WOT (just got 2,000 today doing the easy daily missions) and I have not much use for them there because I have already researched most of the tanks that I care about and am in no rush to research the rest.   You really only need free XP in WOT for modules since they introduced blueprints and they are giving those away like there is no tomorrow.    So most of my WOT Free XP can go to WoWp.

It seems to me that training crews will be the biggest challenge followed by generating silver to buy equipment, planes and consumables.   I would like to get into all types of planes but crew retraining requirements is a big dissuader in the shorter term so I will stick to one light and one heavy fighter line for now.  Bombers and attackers may come eventually.  Crew retraining is another reason to use Free XP to jump tiers because you don't have to retrain a crew multiple times on the way to your target tier. 

On another note, I have been through Vee bat training videos and they are very good.  They answer most of my questions so kudos to him.    WG should pay him for generating training material what they should be producing themselves.  If you read this Vee bat, thank you.

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14519 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostScrawnybeaver, on 16 September 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

True if you want to get to many higher tier planes but that is not my goal.  I will stop at the tier where players congregate because I will get tired of fighting mostly bots after a while and I understand that this is T6?.   WOT taught me that it is not the number of tanks that you have that matters but getting fun ones to play.  My WOT hangar is full of tanks I rarely, if ever, touch.   25K Free XP will get me a topped up Spit 1 at T5 so it is not so bad.

A topped-up spit will get you killed. A "better" plane just means BETTER competition. Learn to fly in tiers 1-2 before you even THINK about a 5 or 6. You will be slaughtered.   :ohmy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:26 PM

Major

• 33439 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostScrawnybeaver, on 16 September 2020 - 07:51 AM, said:

It is easy to generate Free XP in WOT (just got 2,000 today doing the easy daily missions) and I have not much use for them there because I have already researched most of the tanks that I care about and am in no rush to research the rest.   You really only need free XP in WOT for modules since they introduced blueprints and they are giving those away like there is no tomorrow.    So most of my WOT Free XP can go to WoWp.

It seems to me that training crews will be the biggest challenge followed by generating silver to buy equipment, planes and consumables.   I would like to get into all types of planes but crew retraining requirements is a big dissuader in the shorter term so I will stick to one light and one heavy fighter line for now.  Bombers and attackers may come eventually.  Crew retraining is another reason to use Free XP to jump tiers because you don't have to retrain a crew multiple times on the way to your target tier. 

On another note, I have been through Vee bat training videos and they are very good.  They answer most of my questions so kudos to him.    WG should pay him for generating training material what they should be producing themselves.  If you read this Vee bat, thank you.

:medal:

His stuff is very good.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 16 September 2020 - 02:27 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #12 Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• 5030 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 16 September 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

A topped-up spit will get you killed. A "better" plane just means BETTER competition. Learn to fly in tiers 1-2 before you even THINK about a 5 or 6. You will be slaughtered.   :ohmy:

he's right       Spits literally have 'targets' on their wings, and boomzoomers love to harass them for sport       or spite

you would like for your equipment to be at least 'advanced' and your pilot probably needs 3-4 skills, before you can reliably help your team win

however, winrate is not a good measurement for the amount of fun that you're having       after a certain level, WR becomes just another millstone around your neck

Edited by trikke, 16 September 2020 - 03:42 PM.

Scrawnybeaver #13 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1118 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 16 September 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

I agree.  I need crew skills before I move up.  I am in no rush.

qu33kKC #14 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 11579 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Sadly, I had a human in blue that had not read this thread.

less than 8 hours in game, flying a Me-262, and scoring less than 1500 points.  Don't be THAT guy.  Please.

CorvusCorvax #15 Posted 16 September 2020 - 10:23 PM

Major

• 5063 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postqu33kKC, on 16 September 2020 - 08:51 PM, said:

Sadly, I had a human in blue that had not read this thread.

less than 8 hours in game, flying a Me-262, and scoring less than 1500 points.  Don't be THAT guy.  Please.

Oooof.

The Me-262 is about the ultimate BnZ plane.  Maybe the J8M - one could argue, I guess...

BnZ skills do not fall out of the sky - you have to earn them.  And the only coin is iron here, folks...

comealong1 #16 Posted 17 September 2020 - 12:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11439 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
I say stay in t2 bi-planes till you learn the game well.. Bi-planes were the most maneauverable planes ever, to this day.. Learn them well, till you can ace now and again.. Then move up.. No substitute for experience.. Learn the planes too.. Which are strong and which are weak.. And the planes jobs.. Always do your planes job.. They are listed an the tech tree page, tab far right.. Hope this helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users