Can not even play the game

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MakiNishikino_ #1 Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

Airman Basic

• 11 battles
Every time I start up word of warplanes and try to login, I either get the black screen, which forces me to delete the %appdata% folder for warplanes, then when I get past the black screen issue, I put my email and password in and I get the error message: Connection interrupted, you have been disconnected from the server. Try logging in again.

I can't even play this game. Someone help.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 12 September 2020 - 11:30 PM

Major

• 32578 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I would uninstall, CCleaner the registry, and reinstall

I am assuming that Check and Repair was no help

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 13 September 2020 - 01:06 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

MakiNishikino_ #3 Posted 13 September 2020 - 04:05 AM

Airman Basic

• 11 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 September 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

I would uninstall, CCleaner the registry, and reinstall

I am assuming that Check and Repair was no help

I did all of those things, and check and repair did nothing of course.

Same issue of can't play.

comealong1 #4 Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:58 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11353 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S

Your computer needs to be updated best as possible, too.. Graphics driver especially!!. Your computer needs to be up to snuff!!. Does not have to be the best system but it does have to be up to date.. You system can't be too old though.. And deff after an uninstall run the CCleaner to clear the registry of any residual files from the game, like favs & preferences.. They don't totally get uninstalled and ness up the fresh install that you are attempting.. Try these things all again & see if it helps, I hope it does solve your issues with the game play.. And do a restart before you play the game too and after the CCleaner.. Everywhere that you should restart then do, they are important!! Like after the uninstall, then after the CCleaner, and after the fresh clean reinstall.. This makes sure the download is locked in place before the game crashes & screws up the download, must do the restart to lock it in or it can get disrupted before the restart.. Again I hope this solves your problem.

Also, this game does not like too many updates.. The game get's too segmented, and starts crashing.. So if you have had the game installed for a long time and now you get problems, try this and reinstall the game.. Believe me I know about reinstalling the game I have done it so many times.. Sometimes I even start there when I've had problems

Between updating and clean installing the game should work for all.. If not you probably did not update all or clean all

Edited by comealong1, 13 September 2020 - 09:11 AM.

blindfoId #5 Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostMakiNishikino_, on 12 September 2020 - 10:14 PM, said:

Every time I start up word of warplanes and try to login, I either get the black screen, which forces me to delete the %appdata% folder for warplanes, then when I get past the black screen issue, I put my email and password in and I get the error message: Connection interrupted, you have been disconnected from the server. Try logging in again.

Hello MakiNishikino_,

If standard procedures like clearing the cached data and checking and repairing game files do not work, it is always worth submitting a ticket with a detailed description of your issue to Customer Support.

Fruit_Loops_ #6 Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles

Are you up to the latest version of Windows 10 which is the 2004 version from the end of May. If you go into Settings : Update & Security : Windows Update : OS Build Info (on the right side) and then scroll down it will show your current version and build information.

You can see all the versions of Windows 10 here: Windows 10 version history

Fruit_Loops_ #7 Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:06 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles

View PostMakiNishikino_, on 12 September 2020 - 02:14 PM, said:

Tell us your Windows version and your main computer hardware CPU, GPU, and total ram.

For example, I'm running on a Dell T3610 with a Xeon E5-2667 (3.3 GHz 8 core cpu), 16 GB ram, and a Geforce 1060 AMP! (6 GB vram). I have all graphics settings maxed out and run the Steam version of WoWP without any problem. I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004.

I have read of late that AMD is having quite a few driver problems (Crimson bugs), so if you have an AMD GPU this could be an issue here.

Edit: How do you connect to the Internet, wireless or wired? You should always be hard wired to your router for best results. Do you have a fast enough Internet connection? What is your download/upload speed? I use Speedtest.net for testing my Internet speed. Finally, are you close enough to wherever the WoWP servers are to not have huge ping times? Enable your FPS, Ping, Packet Loss setting (located in Settings : General : Advanced Settings).

Edited by Fruit_Loops_, 14 September 2020 - 03:25 PM.

MakiNishikino_ #8 Posted 14 September 2020 - 06:44 PM

Airman Basic

• 11 battles
I'm going to try all your mentioned above methods and get back to you on specific specifications. Thank you for the kind suggestions so far!

MakiNishikino_ #9 Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:24 PM

Airman Basic

• 11 battles

View PostFruit_Loops_, on 14 September 2020 - 03:06 PM, said:

Tell us your Windows version and your main computer hardware CPU, GPU, and total ram.

For example, I'm running on a Dell T3610 with a Xeon E5-2667 (3.3 GHz 8 core cpu), 16 GB ram, and a Geforce 1060 AMP! (6 GB vram). I have all graphics settings maxed out and run the Steam version of WoWP without any problem. I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004.

I have read of late that AMD is having quite a few driver problems (Crimson bugs), so if you have an AMD GPU this could be an issue here.

Edit: How do you connect to the Internet, wireless or wired? You should always be hard wired to your router for best results. Do you have a fast enough Internet connection? What is your download/upload speed? I use Speedtest.net for testing my Internet speed. Finally, are you close enough to wherever the WoWP servers are to not have huge ping times? Enable your FPS, Ping, Packet Loss setting (located in Settings : General : Advanced Settings).

All of my Nvidia graphics drivers and Windows are up to date, I cleaned the registry and everything and attempting to reinstall. For now here is my PC specs:

Windows 10 Home version 2004 
Z270x LGA 1151 MOBO
i7-7700k 4 cores 8 threads OC to 4.8 Ghz
GTX 1080 OC to 1900 Mhz
16 GB RAM OC to 2666
Wireless at 600 Mbps
250 GB NVME SSD for my OS
2 TB SSD for my games, (which world of warplanes is stored on)
3 TB HDD for more games, (in case having multiple drives affects this)

I added the overclocks just in case those could affect me being unable to play, should I turn them off?

Mudguts_ #10 Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 464 battles

View PostMakiNishikino_, on 14 September 2020 - 02:24 PM, said:

All of my Nvidia graphics drivers and Windows are up to date, I cleaned the registry and everything and attempting to reinstall. For now here is my PC specs:

Z270x LGA 1151 MOBO
GTX 1080 OC to 1900 Mhz
16 GB RAM OC to 2666
Wireless at 600 Mbps

I added the overclocks just in case those could affect me being unable to play, should I turn them off?

Wouldn't hurt.  Hopefully you can save the settings in BIOS/Utility S/W

"Push me, shove you."

"Oh yeah, says who?"

MakiNishikino_ #11 Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:08 PM

Airman Basic

• 11 battles
Update:
I did everything as stated by posters above.
Still have the same issue. Connection interrupted, you have been disconnected from the server. Try logging in again.
If it helps any, instead of auto logging me in like on wows or wot, it makes me have to put in my email and password even though I am logged into wargaming game center. Something could be going on there.

trikke #12 Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:50 AM

Captain

• 4926 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMakiNishikino_, on 14 September 2020 - 05:08 PM, said:

If it helps any, instead of auto logging me in like on wows or wot, it makes me have to put in my email and password even though I am logged into wargaming game center. Something could be going on there.

about 50% of the time, my auto-filled password is rejected        it's been happening for a few months now        oh well, at least it always lets me in

Edited by trikke, 16 September 2020 - 02:51 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Fruit_Loops_ #13 Posted 16 September 2020 - 08:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles

View PostMakiNishikino_, on 14 September 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

Update:
I did everything as stated by posters above.
Still have the same issue. Connection interrupted, you have been disconnected from the server. Try logging in again.

Hmm... your hardware specs look good, can't see anything wrong there. 2 nights ago I got DCed out 4 times in quick intervals so I just quit for the evening. Today no problem. The Internet is flaky at times. If your ISP is flaky or you have high latency all the time then WG can't do anything about that. Hope that isn't your problem.

I use the Steam version of WoWP and must always click the connect button to login to the server. At least Steam WoWP does fill in the user name and password for me so I don't need to type that in every time.

As others state be very careful when OCing any cpu/gpu. If you set your cpu/gpu back to stock speed then the next thing to test is to deliberately underclock your GPU to see if somehow your gpu overclock has damaged it. With unteen billions of transistors a gpu can be damaged with an overclock in a way that causes only a few transistors to fail (a hot spot). Thus, only specific gpu functions will fail since the whole gpu hasn't died from overclocking. If your gpu got too hot (depends on the specific gpu max temp) from previous overclocking that could have damaged it in a specific way that you didn't know about until you played WoWP. My gpu developed a weird screen stuttering while using the Display Port interface. Doesn't show any problem in other games but only WoWP. Since I have 2 DP ports I switched to the other DP on my video card and all was well for a few weeks, then the stuttering started again. Switched to the HDMI port and so far after 2 months no more WoWP stuttering. Other games didn't show any DP stutter problem, only  WoWP.

I guess the only way you can know for sure is if you have a friend that would let you borrow his video card to test WoWP and see if the problem goes away. Good Luck.

_Panzerkunst_ #14 Posted 17 September 2020 - 11:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7706 battles

View PostMakiNishikino_, on 14 September 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

Z270x LGA 1151 MOBO
GTX 1080 OC to 1900 Mhz
16 GB RAM OC to 2666
Wireless at 600 Mbps

I'd def turn off the overclocks. I had a similar issue last year and went to BIOS to reduce OC from 19% to 15%. Also, go to the software for your GC and turn the GPU clock down to -140. That instantly fixed the problem and haven't had it since. WG titles don't need all that overclocking anyway. <o

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

jack_wdw #15 Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:20 AM

• 3483 battles
Yes turn off the overclocking.

I had a similar problem as yours on my brand new rig.
In the end, i solved it by downclocking the memory (yes, less than default clock ratio)

Edited by jack_wdw, 18 September 2020 - 11:20 AM.

comealong1 #16 Posted 18 September 2020 - 12:02 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11353 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S

I have the windows system on 1 ssd and the game on another ssd.. The I use an overclock program came with my video card called firestorm.. Have to do a restart to engage it, and the game does not see it as an overclock.. Am running a 16 core threadripper machine on 8 cores and when working well, at 4.2G.. The system description still says the original stuff, not the overclock.. I think 2666 was fastest could set the memory.. Sometimes after an update I have some issues and have to back down to 4.125G which actually get's me 4.13G.. And I have the 2080 graphics card.. This is the 3rd machine I've had to play this game.. The game does not use multi core so there is that.. But there are other things that the multi core has.. The game is not optimized for AMD systems, which I favor.. Pentium has an 8 core that can do 5.0 on an overclock.. Then a ZOTAC gaming graphics card with firestorm program, for the overclocking.. This is the super system I have been dreaming of.. And there is a new 3090 graphics card coming 9/24/2020.. Be the first to grab one of these up.. I sure will as soon as possible.

Super system, oh yea.

SkyWolf__WM #17 Posted 18 September 2020 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13841 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I don't see any reason to overclock.   :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

comealong1 #18 Posted 19 September 2020 - 01:14 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11353 battles
  • [E-S-S] E-S-S
Well it is real easy for me to see the difference.. And I have a benchmarking program that tells me so in FPS.. Each little step up shows more increase in FPS.. Can ya see me now?

chronoss2019 #19 Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 2308 battles

to the 2nd poster you dont understand its google chrome saying the installer is BAD or htis site has malware and uses it a lot

id have someone talk to them then sort it

you will be out of business if this dont get sorted

SkyWolf__WM #20 Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:06 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13841 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postchronoss2019, on 21 September 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

to the 2nd poster you dont understand its google chrome saying the installer is BAD or htis site has malware and uses it a lot

id have someone talk to them then sort it

you will be out of business if this dont get sorted

Google Chrome? Use a different browser!  :teethhappy:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users