Jump to content


The Sound of the Drums

sound drums

  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:47 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

We've all seen it.  Over and over again.  Somebody has a pet peeve and beats that drum about it until everyone is thoroughly sick of it.

 

There's the drum for, "The MM isn't fair!  It was mean to me.  I always get the bad bots."

 

There's the drum for, "Version 2.0 is bad!  They ruined the game when the abandoned Version 1.4, 1.9, (fill in the blank)!"

 

There's the drum for, "Nobody plays anymore!  The game is doomed!"  This is often coupled with some ridiculously low number, seemingly pulled out of their ... thin air.   For reference I played a total of 5 games yesterday, the minimum required to find your 1 day stats in the HOF.  I was curious to see how many played at least 5 games on a weekday.  I was at #1762.

 

One I haven't heard lately being beaten like a rented mule is,  "Bombers are OP!  No fair!"  Or its variation, "No skill bomber pilots!  They just hit BATTLE and go fix a sandwich while they win the game!"

 

And one drum I am guilty of beating myself, "The Fall of 2019!"

 

So why do they beat it over and over again?  The only thing I can think of that might motivate them is they are ticked off at the game and resent those of us who still play and enjoy it, warts and all.  If they can convince enough to quit playing, the game will fold and they can bask in the Glory of Being Right.

 

On a side note, Two cowboys sat in their saddles at the edge of a cliff, looking down at the Indian village below.  One turns and says to the other, "I shore don't like the sound of that there War Drum!"  From below a voice is heard to say, "But he ain't our regular drummer!"


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

no_habla_ingles #2 Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:44 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 7362 battles
  • 117
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    11-17-2013

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 August 2020 - 07:47 AM, said:

We've all seen it.  Over and over again.  Somebody has a pet peeve and beats that drum about it until everyone is thoroughly sick of it.

 

There's the drum for, "The MM isn't fair!  It was mean to me.  I always get the bad bots."

 

There's the drum for, "Version 2.0 is bad!  They ruined the game when the abandoned Version 1.4, 1.9, (fill in the blank)!"

 

There's the drum for, "Nobody plays anymore!  The game is doomed!"  This is often coupled with some ridiculously low number, seemingly pulled out of their ... thin air.   For reference I played a total of 5 games yesterday, the minimum required to find your 1 day stats in the HOF.  I was curious to see how many played at least 5 games on a weekday.  I was at #1762.

 

One I haven't heard lately being beaten like a rented mule is,  "Bombers are OP!  No fair!"  Or its variation, "No skill bomber pilots!  They just hit BATTLE and go fix a sandwich while they win the game!"

 

And one drum I am guilty of beating myself, "The Fall of 2019!"

 

So why do they beat it over and over again?  The only thing I can think of that might motivate them is they are ticked off at the game and resent those of us who still play and enjoy it, warts and all.  If they can convince enough to quit playing, the game will fold and they can bask in the Glory of Being Right.

 

On a side note, Two cowboys sat in their saddles at the edge of a cliff, looking down at the Indian village below.  One turns and says to the other, "I shore don't like the sound of that there War Drum!"  From below a voice is heard to say, "But he ain't our regular drummer!"

the truth cuts like a knife



qu33kKC #3 Posted 18 August 2020 - 02:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10914 battles
  • 1,030
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 August 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

Two cowboys sat in their saddles at the edge of a cliff, looking down at the Indian village below.  One turns and says to the other, "I shore don't like the sound of that there War Drum!"  From below a voice is heard to say, "But he ain't our regular drummer!"

 

I am SO stealing this joke.



Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 18 August 2020 - 03:00 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 1460 battles
  • 5,287
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

... and then there is the whining about...

having to read other people's drumbeats

.

I say if you don't like yellow chiffon dresses

don't buy them

:sceptic:


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


The_real_Gouldy #5 Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:16 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    01-30-2020

This is funny coming from a guy who's always beating one drum or another complaining about something or someone.

 

I think you should change your nic to Captain_Under_Neil_Peart_pants

 



Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:40 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
And another non-flying troll is heard from.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:58 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

:medal:

 

Thank you


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Sink_Stuff #8 Posted 18 August 2020 - 07:52 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1864 battles
  • 541
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 18 August 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

 

Gotta disagree. Zero patheticness here, especially since he calls his own self out. It is the opposite of pathetic, therefore. I see his post as observation and commenting on it.  

 

The drums have been beating since I started playing in 1.4 about every possible thing on every side of every issue.  The complaints have been almost the same since 1.4.  Understand that I am not complaining, just continuing his observation.  He gave no reason for you to attack him.

 

Look at his post without thinking it is a complaint, and you will see a simple statement of something, on observation, that is all.

 

WBB

 

I didn't attack him. He called another poster a troll directly and i pointed out that he is the pot calling the kettle black



Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:45 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
LOL, you really should look in the mirror more often.  I mean besides just admiring your self-proclaimed exspurt status on all planes cause you got 1700 battles.  Show me where I ever claimed expertise on any plane other than bombers or bomber killers.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #10 Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:48 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4875 battles
  • 4,683
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 18 August 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

Gotta disagree. Zero patheticness here, especially since he calls his own self out. It is the opposite of pathetic, therefore. I see his post as observation and commenting on it. 

 

yep    number 1762 that day with 5 battles       i've certainly been there, but...  i don't have the self confidence to own up to something like that 

 

that could not have been a fun day


Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:57 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View Posttrikke, on 18 August 2020 - 04:48 PM, said:

 

yep    number 1762 that day with 5 battles       i've certainly been there, but...  i don't have the self confidence to own up to something like that 

 

that could not have been a fun day


It was an experiment to find out how many were playing with at least 5 battles.  And I have done worse!

 

:P


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #12 Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:42 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4875 battles
  • 4,683
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
it could have been that magical day when 1760 folks won all 5 battles and you won 4            let's go with that?
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:25 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
LOL
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Lose_dudes #14 Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:54 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1104 battles
  • 179
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020
Someone notices complaint people and they start complaining on his post.:facepalm:
I swear, as soon as age permits, I will use Fire and Steel to arrest the destiny of Rome War thunderS***_****f.

HoujuuNue #15 Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:56 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10045 battles
  • 146
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
  • Member since:
    02-24-2012

Waiting for bomber nerf 



Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:55 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostLose_dudes, on 18 August 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

Someone notices complaint people and they start complaining on his post.:facepalm:


:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #17 Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:57 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32431 battles
  • 5,277
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostHoujuuNue, on 18 August 2020 - 10:56 PM, said:

Waiting for bomber nerf 

I am hoping that since they can't take the time to fix any bugs, especially the Invisible Ground Target bug, that they won't take the time to nerf the bombers yet again.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Lose_dudes #18 Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:32 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1104 battles
  • 179
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020
fren bombers! the bombs on the Ar-2 can't **** a target in three hits.
I swear, as soon as age permits, I will use Fire and Steel to arrest the destiny of Rome War thunderS***_****f.

Lose_dudes #19 Posted 19 August 2020 - 09:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1104 battles
  • 179
  • [524] 524
  • Member since:
    01-24-2020
I am in 1132th for this week and also I scored more than 51.14%. so that's around 2335 players this week.
I swear, as soon as age permits, I will use Fire and Steel to arrest the destiny of Rome War thunderS***_****f.

jack_wdw #20 Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:39 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3425 battles
  • 748
  • Member since:
    09-28-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 18 August 2020 - 12:47 PM, said:

We've all seen it.  Over and over again.  Somebody has a pet peeve and beats that drum about it until everyone is thoroughly sick of it.

 

There's the drum for, "The MM isn't fair!  It was mean to me.  I always get the bad bots."

 

There's the drum for, "Version 2.0 is bad!  They ruined the game when the abandoned Version 1.4, 1.9, (fill in the blank)!"

 

There's the drum for, "Nobody plays anymore!  The game is doomed!"  This is often coupled with some ridiculously low number, seemingly pulled out of their ... thin air.   For reference I played a total of 5 games yesterday, the minimum required to find your 1 day stats in the HOF.  I was curious to see how many played at least 5 games on a weekday.  I was at #1762.

 

One I haven't heard lately being beaten like a rented mule is,  "Bombers are OP!  No fair!"  Or its variation, "No skill bomber pilots!  They just hit BATTLE and go fix a sandwich while they win the game!"

 

And one drum I am guilty of beating myself, "The Fall of 2019!"

 

So why do they beat it over and over again?  The only thing I can think of that might motivate them is they are ticked off at the game and resent those of us who still play and enjoy it, warts and all.  If they can convince enough to quit playing, the game will fold and they can bask in the Glory of Being Right.

 

On a side note, Two cowboys sat in their saddles at the edge of a cliff, looking down at the Indian village below.  One turns and says to the other, "I shore don't like the sound of that there War Drum!"  From below a voice is heard to say, "But he ain't our regular drummer!"

 

Have some whine







Also tagged with sound, drums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users