Not getting aircraft from unique supply crates

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Lose_dudes #1 Posted 16 August 2020 - 04:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1104 battles
  • [524] 524
I've gotten 6 or 7 weeklies without a single plane. There are still some t2 GAAs, a few higher tiers, and the Yak-3rd. The more crate planes you get, the less newer ones you get--- but this ratio is ridiculous. Is there an issue or something?
I swear, as soon as age permits, I will use Fire and Steel to arrest the destiny of Rome War thunderS***_****f.

hoom #2 Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12045 battles
I mean, its free crates for just playing a game a day...
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Sink_Stuff #3 Posted 16 August 2020 - 07:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1864 battles

Actually I believe there is a problem with the crates. I don't know for certain if there is a problem but in WOWS there were many problems with crates and I believe those same problems also exist in this game as well.

For instance, if you don't have any of the planes from these crates then for many people they seem to get a plane out of a crate rather quickly the first time or two. After that it slows down. The more planes from the crates that you own the less often it seems that you get the remaining ones. Why does this seem to happen to everyone? Its because of the way the crates work. 

You see there isn't just a flat chance of getting a plane in a crate. Instead, it is a tiered chance. This means that there are many dice roles going on when deciding not only if you get a plane, but what kind of plane that you get. Because of this, the dice role is rather reversed because the crate system does not give duplicate planes. 

So first the crate system determines if you have all the planes from the crates and what ones you already have. Those planes are then removed from the pool. As well, your chance of getting a low tier plane is higher than getting a high tier plane. So if you only have one plane left to get, and it's a high tier plane, then your chance of dropping a plane from a box is very very small because the chance of getting any plane at all is worse the more that you have, and the higher the tier that it needs to be. So it can seem like you never get a plane at the end because of this. They do this so that they can slow down the drop rate for more expensive planes and increase the drop rate for lower tier planes. This ensures that more people get something, but far less people get everything, which is exactly what they want.

BUT

But if there is a bug in the system then you may NEVER get that last plane. For instance, if the system sees that you only have one tier 7 plane left to get than it may set the drop rate to only 1%. But if the system uses another percent to calculate your scaling percent than it could quite literally calculate your chance of a drop at .00001% instead. In WOWS I now never get a ship from a super container. NEVER. This is because I already have almost all of the premium ships in the game. But getting that last one I am certain will NEVER drop because I am not the only player over there that has noticed this. I think their sliding scale drop percent is bugged or incorrect such that if you only have one thing left to get from a crate then you will effectively never get it. But obviously this isn't something they would test for or even care about. It's been this way in WOWS for years now and I think they either don't care that it's broken, don't know that it's actually broken, or it's working in such a way that it works for most players as is, so they don't care that it's broken for long time players.  

Edited by Sink_Stuff, 16 August 2020 - 07:37 AM.

Maqor #4 Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3866 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR
I've been getting crates most of the weeks since it started (last year?). I've gotten all the planes except one, plus I sold two low tiers back and actually got one of them again. No complaints. Gift horse... mouth... I ain't looking, thanks for the free gift!

Done grinding, now playing favorites:

XP-50, Beaufighter V, Mosquito 26, Beaufighter, P-38J, Bf110E, P-38F, F4U-1, P-47B, Ki-88, IL-1, Bf109B, Bf110B, Blenheim F, Mustang 1A, SE100, XF4U-1, Yak-3RD, A6M3 exp, XP-55, Spitfire V DB, IL-2 mod, A-26B, Me329, IL-20, IL-2, Pe-2 M-82, Do217M, Bf109Z, Ki-93, Ki-84, Vampire, XP-58, P.1056, Tempest, La-9, Me209A

HoujuuNue #5 Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:46 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10046 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
You expect prem vehicles have a 10% chance to drop or something? 1% is more realistic

Captain_Rownd #6 Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3842 battles

View PostLose_dudes, on 15 August 2020 - 06:54 PM, said:

I've gotten 6 or 7 weeklies without a single plane. There are still some t2 GAAs, a few higher tiers, and the Yak-3rd. The more crate planes you get, the less newer ones you get--- but this ratio is ridiculous. Is there an issue or something?

I've been doing the crate almost every week over the past year, and usually get a plane every 2-3 months or so.  (only one left to get)  

Edited by Captain_Rownd, 16 August 2020 - 12:11 PM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

SkyWolf__WM #7 Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:03 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13763 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I usually get 1 plane every 17 years.   :hiding:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

losttwo #8 Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:15 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 9355 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

random

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

ran·dom

(răn′dəm)
adj.
1. Having no specific pattern, purpose, or objective: random movements. See Synonyms at chance.
2. Mathematics & Statistics Of or relating to a type of circumstance or event that is described by a probability distribution.
3. Of or relating to an event in which all outcomes are equally likely, as in the testing of a blood sample for the presence of a substance.
Idiom:
at random
Without a governing design, method, or purpose; unsystematically: chose a card at random from the deck.

[From at random, by chance, at great speed, from Middle English randon, random, speed, violence, surge, from Old French randon, from randir, to run, probably from Frankish *rand, border, margin (as of a field, used as a racecourse); akin to German Rand, edge.]

ran′dom·ly adv.
ran′dom·ness n.

Lose_dudes #9 Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1104 battles
  • [524] 524
Maybe I should change my signature to Crates instead of war thunder.
I swear, as soon as age permits, I will use Fire and Steel to arrest the destiny of Rome War thunderS***_****f.

Lose_dudes #10 Posted 16 August 2020 - 06:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1104 battles
  • [524] 524
And I have the F-11c2 and a few others, about 5 left.

Mercsn #11 Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:47 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2993 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSink_Stuff, on 16 August 2020 - 01:36 AM, said:

You see there isn't just a flat chance of getting a plane in a crate. Instead, it is a tiered chance. This means that there are many dice roles going on when deciding not only if you get a plane, but what kind of plane that you get. Because of this, the dice role is rather reversed because the crate system does not give duplicate planes. 

The crates DO give duplicate planes...you just receive the value of the plane in gold, instead of the plane itself.

The crates are buggy, though.  I had this weeks all show "complete", but I hadn't played for a few days. When I logged in sunday that showed "complete" also, but only with my login bonus, not with the 3000 points and I couldn't use tokens to complete them because the crate said it was already received (it was not received since I hadn't completed several days worth of log in missions and couldn't catch it up with tokens b/c the ui option was missing).

I have all the planes that you can get from crates, iirc.  I hadn't played in...6 months or a year-ish.  My first 2 weeks back I had planes both weeks, but received their gold value instead. 3rd week was the bugged crate thing.

All the Important Thread Links (go here for answers!) Might be outdated!

All-in-one thread with 2.0 related guide links.

The below was said to me (Mercsn), from a concerned player:

Edited, on 12 March - 2:01PM , said:

and PS...play more, forum less.  Your opinion might be more credible.

blindfoId #12 Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostLose_dudes, on 16 August 2020 - 07:54 AM, said:

Hello Lose_dudes, 

There's no any issues with plane drops from the crates. You can get a plane from a crate only once, so it is natural that as soons as you received most of them there's only left a couple of them, drop rate does not get lower, it remains the same, there's simply less options for a plane left.

View PostMercsn, on 17 August 2020 - 08:47 AM, said:

The crates DO give duplicate planes...you just receive the value of the plane in gold, instead of the plane itself.

No, they do not. You don't receive any gold for duplicate planes as you cannot get a duplicate plane from Unique supplies. Gold compensation for a duplicate plane is a thing only for special crates available in the Premium Shop from time to time (May Holiday Supply Crates, for example). If you received planes from Unique Supplies it means you haven't had them on your account. 

Commodore_Sailracer #13 Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7568 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Are all the tech tree premiums winnable in a crate?  There are lots I don't have still and I haven't received a plane in a unique crate in many, many months.  Maybe January was the last time I won one, despite getting a crate every week, plus the unique crates from the events.

Captain_Rownd #14 Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3842 battles

View PostCommodore_Sailracer, on 17 August 2020 - 03:11 AM, said:

Are all the tech tree premiums winnable in a crate?  There are lots I don't have still and I haven't received a plane in a unique crate in many, many months.  Maybe January was the last time I won one, despite getting a crate every week, plus the unique crates from the events.

There is a select list of 13 premium planes that come in the unique crates.  They're listed under "unique supplies" on this page:

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/prize_list/

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Commodore_Sailracer #15 Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7568 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 17 August 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

There is a select list of 13 premium planes that come in the unique crates.  They're listed under "unique supplies" on this page:

https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/prize_list/

Ah, that would explain it.  I have all of those, except maybe the Ki-43.  Thanks!  I guess I need to hope for gold now instead.

GiN_nTonic #16 Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:57 PM

Captain

• 1993 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I can't imagine being upset about not getting enough free planes when its pretty cool WG is giving away free vehicles for just playing the game.

hoom #17 Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12045 battles
I still basically don't care what else I get because I got Hurricane IID in one last year.
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users