New bug?

new bug

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 06 August 2020 - 01:17 PM

Major

• 31757 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Just had a battle where there were 3 bases, 2 CC's on either side of a Garrison in the middle.  Even though the red team NEVER took a CC, they got a strategic bomber launch.  Luckily blue had domination and won prior to them getting to their drop point so it had zero effect on the battle.

First time I've seen this one.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:46 PM

Major

• 31757 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

And just now I saw a guy on the red team get a Swooper achievement.  He met the assist requirement but the blue team won in a rofl stomp.

Something has slipped a cog somewhere.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

echucker #3 Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 358 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Isn't there a song about that?  

Meet the new bugs, same as the old bugs

Captain_Rownd #4 Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3717 battles
They stopped developing new bugs for this game a year ago

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

SenatorTH #5 Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5869 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 07 August 2020 - 12:48 AM, said:

They stopped developing new bugs for this game a year ago

Wrong. They're still developing new bugs. Just instead of presenting them publicly in official updates they just now implement them through server restarts :)

The positive is - as everything else, their bugs are bugged as hell and doesn't work most of them :D

MarkoPollo42 #6 Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2782 battles
A great playing field and flying game courtesy of BigWorld Technology that is fubar-ed and then some by WG failing to give us the level battlefield that we want. Every game has bugs (complicated coding like this will always have some) but choosing to ignore players feedback for the last couple of years is super bad for us and bad for business as why buy anything if the developers don't use our feedback to make their game better and more enjoyable to play.

HoujuuNue #7 Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9865 battles
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 August 2020 - 08:17 AM, said:

Just had a battle where there were 3 bases, 2 CC's on either side of a Garrison in the middle.  Even though the red team NEVER took a CC, they got a strategic bomber launch.  Luckily blue had domination and won prior to them getting to their drop point so it had zero effect on the battle.

First time I've seen this one.

post replay

trikke #8 Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:17 AM

Captain

• 4844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
the French Underground jumped out of the bushes and took it
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:38 AM

Major

• 31757 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I do not know how to post replays nor do I care to learn.  For that matter, I have never so much as watched a replay of my own. 

Feel free to disbelieve me, I don't mind.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #10 Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:43 PM

Captain

• 4844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i don't disbelieve you at all, i just don't believe you      lol           words...  they're free for everyone to mess with!

i never watch replays either        high alt bombers might be the only class that doesn't need that weird auto-fix-your-aim coding 

can bombers look down to see if their bomb hits matches their drop points, in replays?

i would ask you directly, CU, just to catch you in a lie, but i believe you, so...     i'll ask someone else

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

MarkoPollo42 #11 Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2782 battles

Why is one bot side dominating the other bot side a good thing? I think it's what is ruining "fun to play" and is a major reason so many have quit. Because there are so few players that means most of the team are bots. If one sides bots massively overpower the other bots then we few human pilots don't have a chance to win (on the inferior bot side) or can go AFK and win (on the superior bot side). Hey WG, it should not be this way and is destroying the desire to fly if we aren't a major factor in the battle outcome. With the MM so dumb, just randomly assigning bot planes to fill out the 12 team roster regardless of tier or quality, I guess WoWP really is a "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play." Unfortunately, this isn't a new bug. WG ignoring our pleas to fix the MM is also not new. So sad that WG won't make WoWP a great place to fly with a level playing field to fight our battles.

Of course most of us know that the server code "cheats" a lot. Like flipping a base that one side is in control of just because they want to, as in "we think the losing side should be thrown a bone and made to think they have a chance" even though there never was any chance to win because the MM random bot assignment caused a huge bot on bot imbalance and the outcome was already decided before the battle even started. So if the server (Penelope) decides to launch a bomber attack even though that side hadn't captured a CC it's just another server cheat. Probably a bug but nonetheless it is super annoying and super bad.

No more premium purchases from me until WG pushes out fixes (which I doubt will ever be forthcoming).

Edited by MarkoPollo42, 10 August 2020 - 10:54 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #12 Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3279 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

There. Is. Not. A. Way. To. Have. A. Perfect. MM, NOT EVEN A GOOD MM as long as there are fewer and fewer humans.  Can't code that.   You simply learn how to fly good enough to overcome the nonsensical odds thrown at you by a RNG that knows nothing about us personally (in game, that is).  The better you are at this game, the more often you overcome the random, haphazard assigning of humans and bots.  It's that simple. You will never overcome the random odds 100% (except for a very few savant pilots), but you can out strategize the other team with improvement and skill development.  Sometimes you overcome, sometimes you don't. To snatch victory from certain defeat is one of the pleasures of this game, and that comes with developed skill and experience.  I have the experience, but my skills .... well ..... they are good enough to make me dangerous depending on my plane, but not epic.

In the meantime, I suggest you not focus on a battle, except for when you are in the battle.  After the battle is over, think a few moments of what you could have done differently, or done better, then move on without irritation.  

Orrrrr, you can continue to focus on things no one, to include WG, can do anything about with such a low population of humans.  Focus on the battle at hand, then let it go, and stop trying to make excuses about one battle. 

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 11 August 2020 - 01:26 AM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:44 PM

Major

• 31757 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 10 August 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

Why is one bot side dominating the other bot side a good thing? I think it's what is ruining "fun to play" and is a major reason so many have quit. Because there are so few players that means most of the team are bots. If one sides bots massively overpower the other bots then we few human pilots don't have a chance to win (on the inferior bot side) or can go AFK and win (on the superior bot side). Hey WG, it should not be this way and is destroying the desire to fly if we aren't a major factor in the battle outcome. With the MM so dumb, just randomly assigning bot planes to fill out the 12 team roster regardless of tier or quality, I guess WoWP really is a "Strange game. The only winning move is not to play." Unfortunately, this isn't a new bug. WG ignoring our pleas to fix the MM is also not new. So sad that WG won't make WoWP a great place to fly with a level playing field to fight our battles.

Of course most of us know that the server code "cheats" a lot. Like flipping a base that one side is in control of just because they want to, as in "we think the losing side should be thrown a bone and made to think they have a chance" even though there never was any chance to win because the MM random bot assignment caused a huge bot on bot imbalance and the outcome was already decided before the battle even started. So if the server (Penelope) decides to launch a bomber attack even though that side hadn't captured a CC it's just another server cheat. Probably a bug but nonetheless it is super annoying and super bad.

No more premium purchases from me until WG pushes out fixes (which I doubt will ever be forthcoming).

Do you know any other tune?  You have beaten this drum over and over again.   And the MM is not a bug, it is what it is.  Good to you sometimes and bad to you other times.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 11 August 2020 - 01:32 AM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with new, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users