Twitch Drops for WoWP?

Twitchdrops twitch drops streaming

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Twitch Drops? (14 members have cast votes)

Would you like to see Twitch Drops for WoWP?

1. Yes (10 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. No (4 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Nightpyre #1 Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:02 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 234 battles

Hello,

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I am wondering if there are any plans to do a Twitch Drop program for WoWP like the one that WoWS has? I stream both games on occasion and I was just wondering if this was going to be a thing or not.

Also, out of curiosity I am adding a poll to see if anyone else would like this to be a thing.

Edited by Nightpyre, 29 July 2020 - 06:24 AM.

"There is no such thing as a Bigfoot or Yetti. It's just Wookies on vacation." - me

SkyWolf__WM #2 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13197 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
WTH is a Twitch drop?  :unsure:

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 29 July 2020 - 09:21 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Nightpyre #3 Posted 30 July 2020 - 01:45 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 234 battles

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 29 July 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

WTH is a Twitch drop?  :unsure:

A Twitch Drop is where if you:

1. Are watching a Twitch streamer that is playing a game that has twitch drops that are enabled. (and their accounts are linked)

2. you play the same game and have your game account linked with your twitch account.

3. you watch them for a prescribed amount of time and then you get a twitch drop which equated to something free in that game.

This equates to free stuff for you in game, publicity for the Game(this one especially needs new blood) and the Streamer. World of Warships has been doing it for a while and it is pretty popular.

"There is no such thing as a Bigfoot or Yetti. It's just Wookies on vacation." - me

SkyWolf__WM #4 Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:14 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13197 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostNightpyre, on 29 July 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

1. Are watching a Twitch streamer that is playing a game that has twitch drops that are enabled. (and their accounts are linked)

2. you play the same game and have your game account linked with your twitch account.

3. you watch them for a prescribed amount of time and then you get a twitch drop which equated to something free in that game.

This equates to free stuff for you in game, publicity for the Game(this one especially needs new blood) and the Streamer. World of Warships has been doing it for a while and it is pretty popular.

Thank you for answering the question instead of burping up lame @$$ bovine fecal matter.  :medal:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:08 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
I would not bother with it.  I would rather play than watch others play, most of the time.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Rownd #6 Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3697 battles

View PostNightpyre, on 29 July 2020 - 03:45 PM, said:

Hm - I thought you meant something like the monthly Twitch Prime care package rewards they give out for Tanks.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

blindfoId #7 Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostNightpyre, on 29 July 2020 - 09:02 AM, said:

Hello,

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I am wondering if there are any plans to do a Twitch Drop program for WoWP like the one that WoWS has? I stream both games on occasion and I was just wondering if this was going to be a thing or not.

Also, out of curiosity I am adding a poll to see if anyone else would like this to be a thing.

Hi Nightpyre,

At the moment, there are no plans to add Twich Drops for World of Warplanes. :honoring:

Nightpyre #8 Posted 31 July 2020 - 12:56 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 234 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 31 July 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Hi Nightpyre,

At the moment, there are no plans to add Twich Drops for World of Warplanes. :honoring:

Hi Blindfold,

Thank you for answering my question. I am now wondering why not as it seems a good marketing tool for the other Wargaming products. I just streamed it last week with a friend. He, being new to it, absolutely had a blast and loves the game now. I would hope that this, or something like it, be considered in the future and that Wargaming expand the visibility of the game.

Sincerely, 

-Nightpyre

MarkoPollo42 #9 Posted 10 August 2020 - 01:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2758 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 31 July 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Hi Nightpyre,

Duh! ATM and for quite awhile now there doesn't seem to be anything being developed for WoWP. You (devs) won't even fix the current flaws in your game (AMD video problems or MM creating super unbalanced sides. etc.). It must be true what others are saying that WoWP is only in maintenance mode and nothing new and/or improved is being worked on. So sad about this since the core of WoWP is great with beautiful maps to fly in, great visual details on the terrain, the planes look great, the flight mechanics are perfect for this kind of flying shooter game, plenty of lines of planes to grind for (long lasting appeal and not just a one and done shooter), special missions every so often (weekend special missions for bonuses and more like the 22nd anniversary tokens missions), and I even like the multi-part mission grinds for experimental aircraft (takes months to complete but that's perfect for playing long term).  Most everything is good (the rng nature of calibrating is super bad though, needs to be some kind of time grind improvement and not pure random like a slot machine) but with a few glaring huge flaws that prevent WoWP from being wildy popular that aren't being worked on (fixed) this flyer game isn't going anywhere. Again this is so sad that WG is ignoring WoWP improvements:

1. fix the MM so most flights are on a much leveler battle field (lopsided bot blowout battles are super bad and must be eliminated). We want white knuckle down to the last point close battles).

2. 4 seasons (that are synced with the 4 earth seasons) with a clan ladder system and end of season top clan pilot rewards.

(Same as many other games have: getting your game played forever)

3. A real clan on clan battle room where we can schedule clan battles that count for points to go with #2. Give us real motivating reasons to be in a clan and a real reason to keep coming back.

(An in-game clan message board for posting a clans desire to play a clan battle at such and such day and time for another clan to accept and play. Battle room clan pre-briefing before the match starts.)

But as Blindfold stated WG would rather let WoWP wither and die from neglect. WG should be seeking outside investors and new developers to work on what is at it's core (thank you Big World) a great flying game. For all who want more realism there is War Thunder and other WWII games. But for many casual pilots WoWP is great but is being severely tarnished from neglect.

Also tagged with Twitchdrops, twitch, drops, streaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users