Looking for advice on best Multirole line to research and play.

multirole

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Lose_dudes #21 Posted 25 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1930 battles
  • [524] 524

the yaks are totally worth it though. bye bye:

.ki-84(9)

.f4u 1~4(9u)

.f2g(su-9)

.fw-190(9u&su-9)

.yak-3(9u)

.su-9 bot(4 times killed in a batte on 9u)

.bv.somethin(su-9)

.p.12204(su-9)

China is genociding the desert. More information

CorvusCorvax #22 Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:02 AM

Major

• 6168 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Well, I will say this - my favorite MRF line is the FW-190 line. These planes are brutal when flown well.  When flown poorly - hey do you like sitting in respawn timer???  The Batwings at T8 and T9 are hilarious fun.

My second favorite is the Brit line, minus the Sea Hawk at T9.

I am currently working on the Corsair U.S. MRF line, and I think we have a contender for second-favorite.  I love how fast the planes are, and how much steel you can put on target.

Lose_dudes #23 Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:21 PM

• 1930 battles
  • [524] 524
 The f3f is op. I got killed 0 times and killed 20 on my 3 battles with it. The F2a should switch tiers with it.

Dru83 #24 Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5908 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Lose_dudes, you're experiencing a standard thing when going up the tiers in a particular line. The lower tier planes are all fairly maneuverable, but as you go up the tier, you start getting into planes that resemble the main plane of the line. The F2A can do wonders in the right hands, but it is very tricky to fly as you no longer have the turning ability of the earlier planes and have to use hit and run tactics instead. Also, the F2A faces tougher competition than the F3F, which makes a big difference.

Blizofoz45 #25 Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:03 AM

Airman Basic

• 3362 battles

The Hurricane 2 is outstanding in it's tier.  4x 20mm cannons and can be specced into a decent turning dogfighter.  The guns overheat very quickly but they hit hard and of course have great range.

The German FW A5 is nice in that you can upgrade the guns.  It takes discipline to fly however and handles like a heavy fighter minus the hitpoints, durability and range.  The BV P.212.03 breaks the mold with great handling when upgraded and is a true dogfighter in every way.

The American line is mostly cannon fodder for better planes.  The F4-1 one has the same armament as the Hurricane 2 but it's a tier higher.  Fail.

The Russian planes are unreliable in dogfights, like taking a rifle to a duck hunt.  Surprisingly weak vs. ground targets.  Best when flown by bots that can actually make those one-shot cannons hit.

In general if you want more firepower and ground attack capability at the expense of handling, there are always better heavy fighters available in most tiers.

Corsair4790805 #26 Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:57 PM

• 2366 battles
  • [A_C_E] A_C_E

I just started on the Brit MRF line a week or so ago.   So far (I have the Hurricane I, and the Hurricane IID that I got in a crate a few weeks back) I've enjoyed the line, and recently spec'd the Hurricane I.

I'm also working the US MRF line - I actually found the F2A to be a better plane than I expected it to be, especially once I got it spec'd and increased it's maneuverability.  I'm not enjoying the F4F, and it's a toss up as to whether I'll finish spec'ing it or move to the F4U-1 once I have enough XP.

So I'd say the Brit MRF line, and the USN MRF line (for the Corsair, but I'm probably biased there, and haven't flown it in the game yet).   But you can also always pick up one of the planes and try it out and see if it suits your style of play, or if you want to add to your style of play to fly it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Dru83 #27 Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5908 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Corsair,

The Hurricanes are interesting jack of all trades planes. They don't have a whole lot of turning ability or speed, but they have decent firepower and their ordnance reloads quickly. They suffer against turn and burn planes like the spitfire, but if you can set up a head on pass, or catch them when they're not paying attention, the guns will burn right through the enemy. I especially like the Hurricane II and the Tempest in that line.

In the corsair line, the F2A and F4F need to focus on maintaining their speed and finding safe areas to regain altitude and boost before making another pass. The F2A Buffalo was interesting in real life because most countries operating it didn't have much success. However, in Finland, they modified their version a bit and most of their WWII Aces flew the Buffalo with great success against 109s and Yaks. Yes, the Finns are the one country that fought both the Axis and Allies in WWII. In game, you just need to be careful when deciding when to turn fight and when to boom and zoom, because once you run out of airspeed from turning too much, you're a sitting duck. Definitely move on to the F4U-1 as soon as you can. I didn't even bother unlocking the rockets on F4F, just moved on as soon as I could. The F4U-1 is a whole new world of speed and hard hitting cannons.

Captain_Underpants53 #28 Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:04 PM

Major

• 41396 battles
  • [94APS] 94APS
I think the Poles and Italians were also in that club?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

losttwo #29 Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:00 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13359 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

So I have had the pleasure of finally flying the I-215 tier X Russian Multi-Sniper..I mean role.

It has been a [edited]getting there but well worth the grind.

I recommend this plane to any one that enjoys playing a sniper style plane that takes

breath control, calm demeanor, and squeeze the mouse.

what ever you do. Do not panic in this plane.

Lose_dudes #30 Posted 15 January 2021 - 09:41 PM

• 1930 battles
  • [524] 524

View Postlosttwo, on 15 January 2021 - 08:00 PM, said:

So I have had the pleasure of finally flying the I-215 tier X Russian Multi-Sniper..I mean role.

It has been a [edited]getting there but well worth the grind.

I recommend this plane to any one that enjoys playing a sniper style plane that takes

breath control, calm demeanor, and squeeze the mouse.

what ever you do. Do not panic in this plane.

I’m running it on stock, 54 maneuverability, outturns batwings!,

CorvusCorvax #31 Posted 15 January 2021 - 10:07 PM

Major

• 6168 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Every View PostLose_dudes, on 15 January 2021 - 09:41 PM, said:

I’m running it on stock, 54 maneuverability, outturns batwings!,

LOL, and Batwings are better in every other way.  LOL.

Also tagged with multirole

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users