high tier bombers... a suggestion to slightly nerf without nerfing, WG

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

trikke #1 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:01 PM

Captain

• 4840 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

nobody like seeing their favorite planes get nerfed, but it's undeniable that T9-T10 bombers are a little bit OP

this may help...   shift the targets inside the sectors around at random, when the battle starts       most pro bombers have a route memorized for every map

i guess that would actually mean 'multiple maps per each map'        versions where the hi-val targets are here, here and here, and another version, well, you know

that's going to mean some coding work, but hey, it would be easier than completely new maps

or, turn off the target lights completely, on high tier maps        you're already halfway there, so...

Edited by trikke, 16 July 2020 - 04:02 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:12 PM

Major

• 31664 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
Now you know good and well they don't know how to 'slightly' nerf anything.  When they swing that bat they go for a home  run every time.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #3 Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:53 PM

Captain

• 4840 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

lol    you're right         

"Ah Lawdy, i certainly hope WG doesn't implement both of my suggestions!"  said Br'er Rabbit to Br'er Fox at the edge of the briar patch

WhoaBlackBetty #4 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I am relieved to believe your suggestion will not be implemented.

Trikke, dude, the bombers already have what sometimes seems to be mega bots assigned to them.  They are already giant flying whales you have to make great effort to miss.  IMHO, my most HO, the better suggestion would be for human heavies to do a better job of harassing them.

I am telling you, it is NEVER a good idea to suggest to WG a nerf of anything at all ever.

WBB

BAMbaLAM: In fact, almost thinking about it for more than a second, these bombers make more important not only the bombers on the other side, but also GAAs who will be pressured to do a better job of taking the targets before the bombers can drop on them.  This may go for all tiers, making GAAs more important because of bombers. I love this, actually.

Betty'sChild: This also creates more importance of heavy fighters being flown CORRECTLY to fight them, instead of like slow turning fighters I have seen so many fly them as.  The bombers can be countered by better flying by US, dude. Lovin' this epiphany. 

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 16 July 2020 - 05:13 PM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

LMG #5 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 16 July 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

I am relieved to believe your suggestion will not be implemented.

Trikke, dude, the bombers already have what sometimes seems to be mega bots assigned to them.  They are already giant flying whales you have to make great effort to miss.  IMHO, my most HO, the better suggestion would be for human heavies to do a better job of harassing them.

I am telling you, it is NEVER a good idea to suggest to WG a nerf of anything at all ever.

WBB

BAMbaLAM: In fact, almost thinking about it for more than a second, these bombers make more important not only the bombers on the other side, but also GAAs who will be pressured to do a better job of taking the targets before the bombers can drop on them.  This may go for all tiers, making GAAs more important because of bombers. I love this, actually.

Betty'sChild: This also creates more importance of heavy fighters being flown CORRECTLY to fight them, instead of like slow turning fighters I have seen so many fly them like.  The bombers can be countered by better flying by US, dude. Lovin' this epiphany. 

The problem of heavies is that there comes a moment where all the Heavies are doing is killing bombers all-match-long, essentially leaving their team with one less plane to cap and defend (and it's not exactly engaging gameplay for either party). The second you go do something else, you lost a sector.

In the case of GAAs, they're left always having to catch up since no GAA can fly as fast as a tier 10 Bomber, not even the Me P.1102 B. By the time you're in range, the bomber already dumped all its bombs, and at that tier those bombs don't really leave much standing.

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

trikke #6 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

Captain

• 4840 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

then you're not seeing the human bombers that the rest some of us do, WBB         but those are great ideas, brother!

and as a reminder, i'm not suggesting that high tier bombers need any nerfs       i would love to suggest that, but i'm not

or...   more fluffy clouds!      easiest coding choice, by far       maybe moving clouds that hide targets for a couple minutes, and then evaporate        or just something 

blame poor heavy drivers all you want        that's right, it's heavies that are causing the imbalance          in fact, all the other classes except bombers are clueless noobs

high tier elite bombers have many problems, but losing battles ain't one

Edited by trikke, 16 July 2020 - 05:35 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #7 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 16 July 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

then you're not seeing the human bombers that the rest some of us do, WBB         but those are great ideas, brother!

and as a reminder, i'm not suggesting that high tier bombers need any nerfs       i would love to suggest that, but i'm not

or...   more fluffy clouds!      easiest coding choice, by far       maybe moving clouds that hide targets for a couple minutes, and then evaporate        or just something 

blame poor heavy drivers all you want        that's right, it's heavies that are causing the imbalance          in fact, all the other classes except bombers are clueless noobs

high tier elite bombers have many problems, but losing battles ain't one

'Aight you took what I said and bolted left.  I never even intimated heavies were the problem, and went no where near calling pilots in tiers 9 and 10 clueless noobs.  I said we need to fly better.  Depending on WG to balance has been a mistake since way before 2.0.

I do not see the problem with solving a problem by learning how to fly better.  We are presented with an enemy that knows how to fly their plane.  Let's fight that first with strategy and improvement, and enjoying the thrill of the contest.  Let's not get the coding changed so we can win easier or lose less.  Let's see what the enemy has and counter it with the thrill of battle, with the edginess of competition, with using the intelligence of strategy based on experience. 

The fact is, as it happens, you ain't gonna get WG to do anything close to what you ask because they are not DOING anything about anything as far as we can see.  We are left with fixing it ourselves with tactics, taking down the mighty with expertise, not by stabs in the back in the form of WG trying to do something right this time.

I have, what I think, is a better suggestion for a thread: "How to Defeat High Tier Bombers".  Start that discussion so the 7 to 12 of us who frequent this forum can offer strategies, learn from others, and become better pilots in this aspect.  I for one would love to see this thread.  I may start it if you do not, but I hope you do as you would probably garner more responses than I would.

WBB

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:58 PM

Major

• 31664 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
I think the Heavies are OP!   Nerf 'em!  Nerf 'em good!  And then crack that whip!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

qu33kKC #9 Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10464 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostLMG, on 16 July 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

The problem of heavies is that there comes a moment where all the Heavies are doing is killing bombers all-match-long, essentially leaving their team with one less plane to cap and defend (and it's not exactly engaging gameplay for either party). The second you go do something else, you lost a sector.

umm, I rather enjoy murderation of bombers.  Its my main priority when flying heavies.  Capping a Plant by shooting down bombers just rocks my socks. Slowing down the cap-train that is a competent human bomber is also of value.

Edited by qu33kKC, 17 July 2020 - 11:47 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

Major

• 31664 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
HF's are the problem!  When a problem comes along, you must nerf it!  Nerf it good!
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

WhoaBlackBetty #11 Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLMG, on 16 July 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

In the case of GAAs, they're left always having to catch up since no GAA can fly as fast as a tier 10 Bomber, not even the Me P.1102 B. By the time you're in range, the bomber already dumped all its bombs, and at that tier those bombs don't really leave much standing.

Saying that a heavy taking time to kill a bomber is taking away a plane to help cap is like saying any plane in a fight with another plane is taking away a plane from capping. Does not make sense to me.

A bomber is a capper. Period.  A heavy is a bomber killer that is killing an enemy capper, therefore, stopping an enemy capper from capping so much.  An 1101 is a capper.  A Mig 30 going after an 1101 is not taking a plane away from capping, it is putting the kibosh on an enemy capper, which can help cap for the 30's team.  Same thing with a heavy fighting a bomber. It is part of the battle, ir is what the heavy is good at (with a competent pilot).  It is not taking a plane away from what it is supposed to be doing.

If a heavy is harassing a  bomber, that will give a little more time for a GAA to make it to it's sector to start doing its thing. A GAA is not supposed to be racing a  bomber, it is supposed to go to a sector and take out GTs.  GAAs are relevant in their purpose, and cannot be  compared too much to a bomber.  The purpose is the same, but not how to achieve it.

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 16 July 2020 - 06:24 PM.

Lose_dudes #12 Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1101 battles
  • [524] 524
GAAs are useless, they're just flying lumps of grades and personal points.
I swear, as soon as age permits, I will use Fire and Steel to arrest the destiny of Rome War thunderS***_****f.

WhoaBlackBetty #13 Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
The OP wants to talk about bombers.

MachinistsRule #14 Posted 16 July 2020 - 07:58 PM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2486 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Really, the best thing to do, is try to entice more people to start playing the game and lesson the amount of bots in the first place. I know, I dream. But nerfing is not really necessary. While people who do not liek bombers tend to want and make them weaker, they are really not that powerful in that they are relatively easy to kill. Now I know that you can hop in your German 9 and 10 and fly at 50 thousand meters, but you have a hard time hitting targets from that height and travel slower than a snail. So it is really not the most effective plane on the board. And the bot bombers are just dumb. 

IDK, I like flying bombers, and I don't mind hunting them down. But again, with more human players in the first place, it sort of evens out the playing field. Hell, I get more pissed when the other team has two human fighters, and I am in a heavy with a bomber or an attack plane human on my team, that just makes it a full [edited]grind to defeat.

Anyways, GL to all, and see you on the grid.

WhoaBlackBetty #15 Posted 16 July 2020 - 08:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMachinistsRule, on 16 July 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

Really, the best thing to do, is try to entice more people to start playing the game and lesson the amount of bots in the first place. I know, I dream. But nerfing is not really necessary. While people who do not liek bombers tend to want and make them weaker, they are really not that powerful in that they are relatively easy to kill. Now I know that you can hop in your German 9 and 10 and fly at 50 thousand meters, but you have a hard time hitting targets from that height and travel slower than a snail. So it is really not the most effective plane on the board. And the bot bombers are just dumb. 

IDK, I like flying bombers, and I don't mind hunting them down. But again, with more human players in the first place, it sort of evens out the playing field. Hell, I get more pissed when the other team has two human fighters, and I am in a heavy with a bomber or an attack plane human on my team, that just makes it a full [edited]grind to defeat.

Anyways, GL to all, and see you on the grid.

I'm with you there.  More humans has been the answer to all WoWP's problems since that 1.something upgrade when they lost almost all pilots.

trikke #16 Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:16 PM

Captain

• 4840 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 16 July 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

I think the Heavies are OP!   Nerf 'em!  Nerf 'em good!  And then crack that whip!

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 16 July 2020 - 01:21 PM, said:

HF's are the problem!  When a problem comes along, you must nerf it!  Nerf it good!

nice 80's callback, brother!        now, one of us has to change their avatar to the Devo red hat guy        i call tails

WBB, i love no part of this whole game better than gunning down bombers at all tiers           at low and mid tiers, it's a pleasant hobby        i dabble 

but T9 and especially T10, i'm in a sweaty, desperate scramble to find, then try to catch streaking human bombers        the entire battle long        if i die once, then it's literally game over

it's exactly what happened when the RB arrived, two years ago          i'm not rooting for nerfing bombers, like they nerfed the RB        just some battlefield changes

nothing will happen, probably        but the RB wasn't balanced at introduction, was it         i would, and i think that everyone would, prefer environment modifications to nerfs

WG has the numbers that we can't read, and that will be the deciding factor         not us

Edited by trikke, 16 July 2020 - 09:19 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #17 Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 16 July 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

i would, and i think that everyone would, prefer environment modifications to nerfs

Oh absolutely, fully agree with environ nerfs over plane nerfs.  I just am not ready to agree on WG nerfs of any kind.  Yet.

WBB

Captain_Underpants53 #18 Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Major

• 31664 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View Posttrikke, on 16 July 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

nice 80's callback, brother!        now, one of us has to change their avatar to the Devo red hat guy        i call tails

WBB, i love no part of this whole game better than gunning down bombers at all tiers           at low and mid tiers, it's a pleasant hobby        i dabble 

but T9 and especially T10, i'm in a sweaty, desperate scramble to find, then try to catch streaking human bombers        the entire battle long        if i die once, then it's literally game over

it's exactly what happened when the RB arrived, two years ago          i'm not rooting for nerfing bombers, like they nerfed the RB        just some battlefield changes

nothing will happen, probably        but the RB wasn't balanced at introduction, was it         i would, and i think that everyone would, prefer environment modifications to nerfs

WG has the numbers that we can't read, and that will be the deciding factor         not us

I hope that ear worm plagues you for a long time!

:trollface:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #19 Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:18 PM

Captain

• 4840 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

here's two questions and 4 possible answers

which do you think will happen?                  A. nerf high tier bombers  B. buff clouds    C. buff AA    

which is the easiest/least expensive? 

i would choose B and A

Captain_Underpants53 #20 Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:37 AM

Major

• 31664 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I can see the 2 questions but evidently one of the answers is suffering from the Invisible Answer bug.  So I'll use my imagination and assume it's

D.  Kick trikke in the butt!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users