So, you alredy own the plane, but want the bonus stuff in the bundle?

Bonus items

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

CorvusCorvax #1 Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Let's say Wargaming has a great bundle package on sale, and has two or three planes in it, some bonus items and stuff like premium time and/or gold.  You already have a plane or two or three, but you didn't get the bonus stuff when the plane originally came out - special paint, or an 8-skill-point pilot, or special projects equipment.  But you would buy the package to get the stuff you didn't get last time (or buy an 8-skill pilot so you don't have to grind one, again.)

Well, you already have the plane(s), so you don't get any of the bonus stuff.  You might get gold for already having the plane, but if you wanted gold, you could have just bought that straight up, right? 

Here's how you can get the bonus stuff, even though you already own the plane:

Sell the plane.  No, I'm not kidding.  There are downsides, of course, and we'll talk about those.  But that's how you get the bonus stuff when you already own the plane.  Sell the plane, buy the bundle/package, and you'll get the bundled stuff, including the bonus items, AND the plane.

Downsides:

1.)  If you have progress toward specialization, or you have all the progress to specialization and haven't purchased it, you lose specialization and the progress toward it.  If you have already purchased specialization, you can sell the plane, then rebuy it later already specialized.

2.)  If you have equipment mounted that is beyond "Upgraded" (green level gear), you'll have to pay tokens to dismount it.

So, here are the steps to take if you want that bonus stuff in the package they are selling, but you already have the plane that bonus stuff is attached to:

1.)  Dismount all consumables and equipment from the plane.  Pay tokens if you have to.  ESPECIALLY if it's special projects gear.

2.)  Unpaint the aircraft.  You can take off any special paint you have on it.

3.)  Send your crew to the barracks.  Don't "dismiss" them, or they will be gone forever.  Buy bunks in the barracks if you have to to prevent dismissing a high-skill pilot.

4.)  Now that your plane is naked, with no consumables, equipment or paint on it, with no crew in it - sell it for silver.

5.)  Go to the offer page where they are selling the bundle you want, and purchase the bundle.  You will get everything in the bundle for that plane, and after you get back into the hangar, you can remount the consumables, equipment, paint, and crew to your liking.

Note to Wargaming:  instead of making us jump through hoops to get the bonus stuff, you could just sell the bonus bundles to those folks who already have the aircraft.  I know for a fact that people will buy the pilot skills and the paint and the special projects stuff separately if you let them.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 12 July 2020 - 09:45 PM

Major

• 34851 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Yes they do make us jump through hoops.

On an only slightly related note, I have always wondered why you can go into the barracks and increase the skills on any of the crew there even if they're just sitting on their duff in the barracks.   BUT if you want to do anything with equipment, calibrate/enhance, etc,. you MUST install it on a plane first.  More hoops?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

WhoaBlackBetty #3 Posted 13 July 2020 - 04:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4254 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
WG IS a business.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

Deltavee #4 Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4197 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 July 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

Note to Wargaming:  instead of making us jump through hoops to get the bonus stuff, you could just sell the bonus bundles to those folks who already have the aircraft.  I know for a fact that people will buy the pilot skills and the paint and the special projects stuff separately if you let them.

Oh Hells yes!  That's crossed my mind a myriad of times.  I would jump all over that.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Lose_dudes #5 Posted 18 July 2020 - 09:31 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1567 battles
  • [524] 524

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 12 July 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

Let's say Wargaming has a great bundle package on sale, and has two or three planes in it, some bonus items and stuff like premium time and/or gold.  You already have a plane or two or three, but you didn't get the bonus stuff when the plane originally came out - special paint, or an 8-skill-point pilot, or special projects equipment.  But you would buy the package to get the stuff you didn't get last time (or buy an 8-skill pilot so you don't have to grind one, again.)

Well, you already have the plane(s), so you don't get any of the bonus stuff.  You might get gold for already having the plane, but if you wanted gold, you could have just bought that straight up, right? 

Here's how you can get the bonus stuff, even though you already own the plane:

Sell the plane.  No, I'm not kidding.  There are downsides, of course, and we'll talk about those.  But that's how you get the bonus stuff when you already own the plane.  Sell the plane, buy the bundle/package, and you'll get the bundled stuff, including the bonus items, AND the plane.

Downsides:

1.)  If you have progress toward specialization, or you have all the progress to specialization and haven't purchased it, you lose specialization and the progress toward it.  If you have already purchased specialization, you can sell the plane, then rebuy it later already specialized.

2.)  If you have equipment mounted that is beyond "Upgraded" (green level gear), you'll have to pay tokens to dismount it.

So, here are the steps to take if you want that bonus stuff in the package they are selling, but you already have the plane that bonus stuff is attached to:

1.)  Dismount all consumables and equipment from the plane.  Pay tokens if you have to.  ESPECIALLY if it's special projects gear.

2.)  Unpaint the aircraft.  You can take off any special paint you have on it.

3.)  Send your crew to the barracks.  Don't "dismiss" them, or they will be gone forever.  Buy bunks in the barracks if you have to to prevent dismissing a high-skill pilot.

4.)  Now that your plane is naked, with no consumables, equipment or paint on it, with no crew in it - sell it for silver.

5.)  Go to the offer page where they are selling the bundle you want, and purchase the bundle.  You will get everything in the bundle for that plane, and after you get back into the hangar, you can remount the consumables, equipment, paint, and crew to your liking.

Couldn't you just sell the new plane?

Everything's stupid, everything's wrong

MGs are too weak and cannons too strong

The ju-87 is simply a waste

xp past the do-17z with great haste

CorvusCorvax #6 Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:46 AM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostLose_dudes, on 18 July 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

Couldn't you just sell the new plane?

No, you can't, because you cannot have two of the same plane in your hangar.

And if the solution was as easy as what you suggest, that is what I would have typed in my instructions.  

Lose_dudes #7 Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1567 battles
  • [524] 524
good point

Everything's stupid, everything's wrong

MGs are too weak and cannons too strong

The ju-87 is simply a waste

xp past the do-17z with great haste

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 22 July 2020 - 10:16 PM

Major

• 1520 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 22 July 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

No, you can't, because you cannot have two of the same plane in your hangar.

And if the solution was as easy as what you suggest, that is what I would have typed in my instructions.  

Dear Corpusal Chrona,

the keyboard is for playing video games not writing novellas to people who don't give a damn about your efforts...

stop helping the ungrateful

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #9 Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:03 AM

Major

• 5197 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 22 July 2020 - 05:16 PM, said:

Dear Corpusal Chrona,

the keyboard is for playing video games not writing novellas to people who don't give a damn about your efforts...

stop helping the ungrateful

i think he did a great job explaining a ridiculously overcomplicated procedure      in fact, i can't find any little bitty part of it to complain about     

damn good job, Corvus           now...  about my taxes, i've got this past year's deductibility question?

Edited by trikke, 05 August 2020 - 03:04 AM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

Major

• 1520 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Posttrikke, on 04 August 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

i think he did a great job explaining a ridiculously overcomplicated procedure      in fact, i can't find any little bitty part of it to complain about     

damn good job, Corvus           now...  about my taxes, i've got this past year's deductibility question?

sure, OK... ya back biter

set up a straw man then knock it down like Mike Tyson

I never said his novella was flawed Sir Mikeycle Tricycle (nice kiss up tho)

:angry:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #11 Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:03 PM

Major

• 5197 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
i'm a professional kissazzer
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 06 August 2020 - 02:39 AM

Major

• 5150 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 05 August 2020 - 03:03 AM, said:

It's OK, brother - I took ACE's comments in the spirit in which they were intended.  ACE makes me laugh, and that's good enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users