24 replies to this topic

Arthun #21 Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 29 June 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

it was an unusual offer at the time     

the 'name' of the server was Asia, but the server itself was located in Hong Kong...  and only Japanese-based pilots were allowed to move their accounts 

i hope that it worked out okay for WG

Oh i remember. Yeah WG told me that it is only for Japanese speaking pilots. They only allow for them to transfer. I guess they want Japanese only server. 

Ziptop69 #22 Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

Senior Airman

• 1470 battles
  • [KRTS] KRTS

View Postjack_wdw, on 29 June 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

That is how it works now.
Lots of other games work with an account-server tho,

instead of client <-> gameserver

you first link to an accounting-server, which will hold a copy of your account, accounting server will pass on your info to the gameserver of choice, when this is succesful, gameserver of choice will communicate directly with client.
unreal tournament functioned like this already 20 years ago.

Pretty sure America's Army also worked liked that

crzyhawk #23 Posted 04 July 2020 - 01:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5468 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI

They /can/ do it, it would be a simple sync of the databases.  There are good reasons to /not/ do it though.  The various WG entities are separate.  When you make a purchase here on NA, the NA entity gets the money.  The other groups do not.  Take my account for example; I have a fair amount of $$ invested.  I also fly on EU, where I am completely free to play.  If they let me use my NA content on EU, there would be a zero percent chance I'd buy a duplicate airplane.  I'd have no need to.  By keeping them separate, there's always a /chance/ that I will re-purchase content, and WG EU will make the money on that purchase.

It's the same deal for /moving/ your account.  If I were to decide to play EU full time, and they /allowed/ me to move my existing content over, the money I spent already went to WG NA.  WG EU has nothing to gain and much potentially to lose by allowing me to move my account.  By not allowing me to move my account and content over, there's always the /possibility/ that I will purchase duplicate content (I'd be lying if I didn't admit I didn't consider buying another S-199 on EU during the Beaufighter event so I could move it between nations)  I'd really like to have one over there, but I don't wish to spend the money on duplicate content lol.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, IId; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

| Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5

Arthun #24 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:32 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Logical, if u already spend money on NA server. If u open another account in another server, you will not want to rebuy all the planes again. It is just a waste of money. And u know what? Asia server do not have a forum. As always, different server team do not communicate with each other. One server staff say there is while another say it is not for us. 

Arthun #25 Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 325 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Since WG still not allow me to transfer account, i will not play WOWP as much as what I have play for my tanks and ships account in asia. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users