Migration for asia players

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Arthun #1 Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:57 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 317 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
May I know when will WOWP able to let asia players to migrate to asia server? Last time there is no asia server and WG force us to play in NA server. And now no news for us to migrate to asia server. 

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 27 June 2020 - 11:11 AM

Captain

• 30318 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

I have never understood why they were so restrictive with that server in the first place.

:unsure:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

pyantoryng #3 Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2609 battles

Top! Secret!!! :trollface:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

trikke #4 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• 4691 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i like flying on the Asia server       

SFMY gets excellent pings and we have great fun flying favorite low and mid tiers without spec and without 10-skill pilots

they're noticeably absent but what the hey, it's still enjoyable!

Edited by trikke, 28 June 2020 - 09:02 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Arthun #5 Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:40 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 317 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 27 June 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

i like flying on the Asia server       

SFMY gets excellent pings and we have great fun flying favorite low and mid tiers without spec and without 10-skill pilots

they're noticeable absent but what the hey, it's still enjoyable!

haha, in asia , i can get 40 to 50ms while in NA, i am in 150ms :)

TeamTerrence #6 Posted 28 June 2020 - 02:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6 battles
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

View PostArthun, on 28 June 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

haha, in asia , i can get 40 to 50ms while in NA, i am in 150ms :)

Consider yourself lucky........ i get 230 to 300 ping on the wowp.kongzhong.com server.

Just over a 70% win/rate.... the only plus is i'm 1% better than Steel_bomber was on the Na (and yeah he can't post here so i'm rubbing that in heheeeee)

jack_wdw #7 Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:49 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3022 battles
I never got the idea behind different accounts for different zone-servers.
It would have been much nicer, if you would have one unified account that contains all your planes, pilots, gold, silver...
You will log in initially to an account-server (can be run on any of the current servers, doesn't need to be low ping for everyone)
Once logged in there, you should get an overview of the current serverzones (playercount, ping statistics) and you should either connect manually to the serverzone of your choice or let an autoselect connect to the best server for you atm.

blindfoId #8 Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostArthun, on 27 June 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

May I know when will WOWP able to let asia players to migrate to asia server? Last time there is no asia server and WG force us to play in NA server. And now no news for us to migrate to asia server. 

Transfer was available when the Japanese server appeared. If you missed that opprtunity, I'm sorry but we cannot help here. If there's an additional transfer in the future, it will be annonced. 

View Postjack_wdw, on 28 June 2020 - 10:49 AM, said:

I never got the idea behind different accounts for different zone-servers.
It would have been much nicer, if you would have one unified account that contains all your planes, pilots, gold, silver...
You will log in initially to an account-server (can be run on any of the current servers, doesn't need to be low ping for everyone)
Once logged in there, you should get an overview of the current serverzones (playercount, ping statistics) and you should either connect manually to the serverzone of your choice or let an autoselect connect to the best server for you atm.

Simply because it is not how it works. World of Warplanes is a client-sever game, and that means (among other things) that your personal data, including your planes and other stuff you have, is stored on the server. If you choose a new server it doesn't have any information about your property and progress on the other server. 

jack_wdw #9 Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

• 3022 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 29 June 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

Simply because it is not how it works. World of Warplanes is a client-sever game, and that means (among other things) that your personal data, including your planes and other stuff you have, is stored on the server. If you choose a new server it doesn't have any information about your property and progress on the other server. 

That is how it works now.
Lots of other games work with an account-server tho,

instead of client <-> gameserver

you first link to an accounting-server, which will hold a copy of your account, accounting server will pass on your info to the gameserver of choice, when this is succesful, gameserver of choice will communicate directly with client.
unreal tournament functioned like this already 20 years ago.

Edited by jack_wdw, 29 June 2020 - 01:45 PM.

GonerNL #10 Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1644 battles

I don't get it ; it now seems to be technically impossible to move accounts from one Wowp server to another ?? But I clearly remember that a (selected ?) number of people had the opportunity to have their accounts moved including planes etc when the Asia server was started ... :unsure:

Just curious ...

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

WhoaBlackBetty #11 Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2692 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I  don't know a lot about this biz, but I imagine being able to use one account for all servers would be a significant money loss for WG.  To my iggie mind, each server needs to pay for itself individually.  This means no moving of established accounts.

View PostGonerNL, on 29 June 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

But I clearly remember that a (selected ?) number of people had the opportunity to have their accounts moved including planes etc when the Asia server was started ... :unsure:

Just curious ...

Yeah, but no more.  As I recall, the idea for that was to trans willing Asians to the Asia server who had been flying NA or whatever before the Asian server opened.  Make sense?

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 29 June 2020 - 02:46 PM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

SpiritFoxMY #12 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:18 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5575 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostblindfoId, on 29 June 2020 - 05:32 PM, said:

Transfer was available when the Japanese server appeared. If you missed that opprtunity, I'm sorry but we cannot help here. If there's an additional transfer in the future, it will be annonced. 

Sorry blindfold but I'm going to call you out on this - the transfer was available only to people who were based in Japan. I know several Aussie players requested and were denied the transfer. I think you can still find grizz's caustic opinion of this on Discord.

I personally seriously considered the transfer but again, the transfer was only for people based in Japan.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

GonerNL #13 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1644 battles

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 29 June 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

This means no moving of established accounts.

Ah, moving means that your existing account on the NA server is removed when i has been migrated to the Asia server. So they still get your money - IF you're a paying player, otherwise it doesn't make a difference.

And i remember that immediately after the opening of the Asia server and the migration of a number accounts, a lot of pilots here asked why they hadn't gotten the chance to migrate. They were more than willing ...

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Captain_Underpants53 #14 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:26 PM

Captain

• 30318 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 29 June 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

Sorry blindfold but I'm going to call you out on this - the transfer was available only to people who were based in Japan. I know several Aussie players requested and were denied the transfer. I think you can still find grizz's caustic opinion of this on Discord.

I personally seriously considered the transfer but again, the transfer was only for people based in Japan.

:medal:

Yes, I remember that too.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

WhoaBlackBetty #15 Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2692 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGonerNL, on 29 June 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

Ah, moving means that your existing account on the NA server is removed when i has been migrated to the Asia server. So they still get your money - IF you're a paying player, otherwise it doesn't make a difference.

And i remember that immediately after the opening of the Asia server and the migration of a number accounts, a lot of pilots here asked why they hadn't gotten the chance to migrate. They were more than willing ...

AAAAAaaaaaaaah. Indeed.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

trikke #16 Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

Captain

• 4691 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

it was an unusual offer at the time     

the 'name' of the server was Asia, but the server itself was located in Hong Kong...  and only Japanese-based pilots were allowed to move their accounts 

i hope that it worked out okay for WG

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #17 Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:59 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I find it strange that an account is single server use only.

There are several games out there you can choose your server with your existing account.

I just do not comprehend how a company can lack the proficiency to enable cross server play.

More so a multi-billion dollar company.

jack_wdw #18 Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:00 AM

• 3022 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 29 June 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

I find it strange that an account is single server use only.

There are several games out there you can choose your server with your existing account.

I just do not comprehend how a company can lack the proficiency to enable cross server play.

More so a multi-billion dollar company.

Indeed.
And not to difficult to implement, lots of games work like this for about 20 years.

Now probably every server is an identical image that has been set-up in various server zones.
each server holds the account data for the players on that server.
Adding an account server means you will have one centralized login server that situates one level higher in server topology.
Account server will handle logins and broker client connections to the gameserver of choice.
Account server will push the user account data object to the chosen server (and if each server will keep track of its own account data, the account needs to be updated (with data from account server) on that server before the start of each session).
At the end of each session, central account object on the account server needs to be updated with progress from last session on the chosen server (resync)

Arthun #19 Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 317 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostblindfoId, on 29 June 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

Is there a transfer? I have submit tickets to WOWP asia customer service and they told me that that period is not for NA accounts. It is for other servers. So which is which? I am confused because one server say there is while another say there is not. 

Deltavee #20 Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:08 AM

• 3552 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View Posttrikke, on 29 June 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

it was an unusual offer at the time     

the 'name' of the server was Asia, but the server itself was located in Hong Kong...  and only Japanese-based pilots were allowed to move their accounts 

i hope that it worked out okay for WG

Hong Kong, eh?  Things being the way they are there I hope WG is considering a move to Taiwan or biggifying the Japanese server.  The contents of a game server could be interesting to an ambitious dictatorship.  Crack it and you're worldwide.  I have had accounts in NA and EU for a while now and was considering Asia, but no more.  Couldn't get in now anyway, I gather.

Edited by Deltavee, 01 July 2020 - 02:10 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users