Need to improve, match or allow players to re-roll Daily Missions.

Daily Missions problems

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

cobra_marksman #1 Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:09 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9825 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Your Daily Missions don't always match your players. :facepalm:

Here's the problem : A) There are Fighter pilot, who only dogfight & fly fighters

……………………….. B) There are Bomber pilots who only bomb ground targets & don't fly fighters

.................................. C) There are Ga. pilots who fly low, attack ground targets & don't fly fighters or heavy's.

1) -  Fighter pilots - getting a ground target missions ( required - 200 ground targets & you Must Win.) :ohmy:

a.) Fighter pilots really don't do grd. target missions, multi may support, but really don't do grd. missions

2) - Heavy pilots - getting  EXP. or PP for defending Airbases. ( req. 20k to 70,000 & you Must win ) :amazed:

a) While the heavy pilot is stuck at air base defending for mission points - who is taking out the bombers & other heavy's capping other bases. ( Remember...he has to win ! )  

3Bomber & Ga pilots - getting missions requiring fighter kills ( 50 fighters & you Must Win ).:sceptic:

a) While they are chasing fighters, who's capping the bases, because … remember... you Must Win.

My point here: it doesn't work for all your different players:bajan:

You have no problem taking our Silver... our Tokens....our Gold...and our Free Experience to change or purchase, an item or piece of gear for any of our planes.:coin:

Why can't you also Sell us a way to change some of these useless mission that you drop on us.

You want more players to play...and have more fun playing the game of wowp ?

Then give us a Buy - Option to either keep the mission you gave us, or allow us choose & play the mission that will match the planes, or the one's we like flying.

See....now wasn't that a simple way of pleasing all your members here on Wowp:great:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 25 June 2020 - 10:25 PM.

WhoaBlackBetty #2 Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2692 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

That's an idea, but that would take staff to make that change, and there is little evidence enough staff is assigned to WP to do something like that.

Initially I agreed with you, but after some thought, I cannot.  I have to admit making pilots fly more than just one type, grade, and/or nationality of plane is much better than rewarding flying just the faves.  The personal points mission made me fly all diff kinds od planes and nations, and I benefited from it.  I actually want that mission again.

WBB

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 25 June 2020 - 07:53 PM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

pyantoryng #3 Posted 25 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2609 battles
Revert to low rewards but rerollable every 4 hours model?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

losttwo #4 Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:26 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I disagree completely.

Not because i fly all available vehicles but.

You can re-roll the daily mission.

If you slide the curser over the mission you will see a ying and yang style arrow set.

If you click on the arrow set the mission will randomly be replaced. Sometimes better sometimes worse.

While you may only do it with the 1 mission a day there is a trick I have learned.

Re-roll the mission. If you do not like it then do nothing towards its accomplishment.

At server reset the mission will automatically re-roll to a new mission.

Now as for the 200 ground targets. It can be done in a Fighter, Multi-Role, Heavy, GA or Bomber.

I have completed it in various plane types. Fighters just take a lot longer and would take a couple of weeks.

As for defending airfield in a bomber. It is the most difficult because you need everything else capped then hope there is time to

ram or turret kill a couple of planes. Yes I have scored with the bomber too. I am not a 5000 meter above everyone pilot.

The " kill 50 fighters " are you sure that is a mission ? Either way, it too can be done in any vehicle.

The destroy 5 enemy planes while defending a sector is kind of hard to do in a bomber or GA but ....well....chose your battles.

I have been a token slag for 8653 battles.

There is not yet a mission I have not been able to accomplish.

Very rarely do I fly bombers. I tokened my way to specialized bombers.

DO you have a valid request and suggestion ?

Of course you do but it doesn't fit the Wargaming scenario nor initiative.

More so because they already gave your a way to change the mission.

A way to buy tokens

A way for you to purchase and do whatever it is you wish ....EVEN A WAY TO WIN EVERY MATCH YOU PLAY.

Edited by losttwo, 25 June 2020 - 08:28 PM.

Marraskuu #5 Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:56 PM

• 13887 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View Postlosttwo, on 25 June 2020 - 03:26 PM, said:

I disagree completely.

Not because i fly all available vehicles but.

You can re-roll the daily mission.

If you slide the curser over the mission you will see a ying and yang style arrow set.

If you click on the arrow set the mission will randomly be replaced. Sometimes better sometimes worse.

While you may only do it with the 1 mission a day there is a trick I have learned.

Re-roll the mission. If you do not like it then do nothing towards its accomplishment.

At server reset the mission will automatically re-roll to a new mission.

Now as for the 200 ground targets. It can be done in a Fighter, Multi-Role, Heavy, GA or Bomber.

I have completed it in various plane types. Fighters just take a lot longer and would take a couple of weeks.

As for defending airfield in a bomber. It is the most difficult because you need everything else capped then hope there is time to

ram or turret kill a couple of planes. Yes I have scored with the bomber too. I am not a 5000 meter above everyone pilot.

The " kill 50 fighters " are you sure that is a mission ? Either way, it too can be done in any vehicle.

The destroy 5 enemy planes while defending a sector is kind of hard to do in a bomber or GA but ....well....chose your battles.

I have been a token slag for 8653 battles.

There is not yet a mission I have not been able to accomplish.

Very rarely do I fly bombers. I tokened my way to specialized bombers.

DO you have a valid request and suggestion ?

Of course you do but it doesn't fit the Wargaming scenario nor initiative.

More so because they already gave your a way to change the mission.

A way to buy tokens

A way for you to purchase and do whatever it is you wish ....EVEN A WAY TO WIN EVERY MATCH YOU PLAY.

I've said it before and I will say it again. "They" need to change the requirements per tier level. Tier 1-4 should be one third of the amount 8-10 has to do. 5-7 should be two thirds. Experience and damage points are harder to get in low tiers and to keep you "Uber" pilots away from new players the requirement shouldn't keep you down there so long. IMHO

Han shot first.

losttwo #6 Posted 26 June 2020 - 12:18 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMarraskuu, on 25 June 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

I've said it before and I will say it again. "They" need to change the requirements per tier level. Tier 1-4 should be one third of the amount 8-10 has to do. 5-7 should be two thirds. Experience and damage points are harder to get in low tiers and to keep you "Uber" pilots away from new players the requirement shouldn't keep you down there so long. IMHO

It wont change a thing.

Experienced players will still play in the lower tiers.

Not everyone plays for tokens. Some just play for the enjoyment.

Personally I think they should change it to

When a player achieves a tier 5 then he only earns tokens in the tier 5-7 mode.

When a player achieves tier 8 then he only earns tokens in tier 8-9-10 mode.

Even if they did that I would still run my lower tier premiums after i earned my tokens.

I would probably be able to play my lower tiers more if they switched the earning levels.

Once I get my tokens then I am free to roam about the tiers.

Drop a high tier pilot into a low tier premium and get the X2 for XP, Move to next premium.

I think if i remember correctly I have about 20 premiums between tier 2-3-4

WhoaBlackBetty #7 Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2692 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Waitaminute. You said re-roll.  That's WarPlanes racism. 

losttwo #8 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:41 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Death doesn't care.

Death is Equal Opportunity Sin Eater.

blindfoId #9 Posted 26 June 2020 - 11:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View Postcobra_marksman, on 25 June 2020 - 10:09 PM, said:

Why can't you also Sell us a way to change some of these useless mission that you drop on us.

You want more players to play...and have more fun playing the game of wowp ?

Then give us a Buy - Option to either keep the mission you gave us, or allow us choose & play the mission that will match the planes, or the one's we like flying.

See....now wasn't that a simple way of pleasing all your members here on Wowp:great:

You can change one daily mission per day. There's such an option in-game. Also, if you don't have any progress towards the daily mission you don't like, it will be changed after the server reset. 

cobra_marksman #10 Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

• 9825 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostblindfoId, on 26 June 2020 - 06:38 AM, said:

You can change one daily mission per day. There's such an option in-game. Also, if you don't have any progress towards the daily mission you don't like, it will be changed after the server reset. 

The problem at times for us Bomber / Ga pilots is that when we drop the fighter pilot missions most of the time it replaces it with another fighter mission.

There have been times where i had all 3 fighter missions even after doing the 1 day re-roll.

And if you fly 10 to 15 missions a day, chances are your going to trigger one if not all of those fighter missions with your tail gunner. 

Then your stuck with it till you get another chance to dump it.:facepalm:

The point i'm trying to make is...your players would simply play more given the option of completing the daily missions.

Some of use really wouldn't mind turning over some ... silver,... tokens,or even some ...gold to get ( buy ) the mission that can match what we tend to fly.:great:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 26 June 2020 - 02:28 PM.

trikke #11 Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:52 PM

Captain

• 4691 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postcobra_marksman, on 26 June 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

Some of use really wouldn't mind turning over some ... silver,... tokens,or even some ...gold to get ( buy ) the mission that can match what we tend to fly.

yep... this ^^

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

losttwo #12 Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:31 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcobra_marksman, on 26 June 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

The point i'm trying to make is...your players would simply play more given the option of completing the daily missions.

Some of use really wouldn't mind turning over some ... silver,... tokens,or even some ...gold to get ( buy ) the mission that can match what we tend to fly.:great:

The point you are missing is that all of the current daily missions can be done in any plane.

How do you defend an airfield in a bomber, you ask.

You have forward guns and TG. Come down out of the nose bleed section and strafe your way through the airfield.

" Daily Mission " is not to be taken literally.

They are a set of missions for you to work on when you log in for the day you choose to play.

They should rename them to "TOKEN MISSIONS" to avoid the misunderstanding.

Again I repeat myself.

All the missions can be done and achieved in what ever you choose to fly. INCLUDING BOMBERS. 

Except in the U.S./ Japan mission where you need 25K PP for capturing sectors in a bomber. :hiding:

It can not be done below tier 4.

cobra_marksman #13 Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:10 PM

• 9825 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 26 June 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

The point you are missing is that all of the current daily missions can be done in any plane.

You have forward guns and TG. Come down out of the nose bleed section and strafe your way through the airfield.

Again I repeat myself.

All the missions can be done and achieved in what ever you choose to fly. INCLUDING BOMBERS. 

You have over 8600 battles, so I know you know better.:facepalm:

You can not defend anything with a bomber, nor even with a good Ga.

Besides this game is not about defending, nor is it about just dogfighting your way to a win, it's about capping bases.

Then wowp  throws in a must win to make it just a little more difficult.

Bottom line : if you don't pull your load, ( based on what your there for ) you'll lose the round. :hiding:

That's why I requested an option to " re-roll a different mission ", ( aka. as per " Reassemble " ) to match the plane we usually fly, and to better assist teammates in accomplishing the " Must Win ".:great:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 26 June 2020 - 10:04 PM.

losttwo #14 Posted 26 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postcobra_marksman, on 26 June 2020 - 03:10 PM, said:

You have over 8600 battles, so I know you know better.:facepalm:

You can not defend anything with a bomber, nor even with a good Ga.

Besides this game is not about defending, nor is it about dogfighting your way to a win, it's about capping bases.

Then wowp  throws in a must win to make it just a little more difficult.

Bottom line : if you don't pull your load, ( based on what your there for ) you'll lose the round. :hiding:

That's why I requested an option to " re-roll a different mission ", to match the plane we usually fly, and to better assist teammates in accomplishing a Win.:great:

You are right.

I obviously do know better.

Had the 2 airfield 1 mining plant El Halouf map this morning.

Just so happen I was in a tier 5 Russian bomber PE-2. Used tokens to specialize it.

Walked away with 3 capture sectors for the weekend special

4 defensive kills towards " defending captured sectors " daily mission and a couple of assist.

Today I finished the tier 1-4 daily missions then started on the tier 5-7 daily mission

2 battles into the tier 5 daily missions with the bomber and decided to take a break.

Weekend mission is finished, so no rush. Tonight or tomorrow i will work on the 5-7 daily missions.

The only ones I think you would be hard pressed to actually do in a bomber is

Fight for the sky

Steel Birds

Deadly Wings

Hawks from the Isle

But guess what, you can reset those missions and try for something else.

I fly my bombers like an overweight heavy with no turning ability.

No reason you can not shoot ADA and other planes. After all there is a thing called respawn.

MarkoPollo42 #15 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1954 battles
  • [TWE] TWE

View PostWhoaBlackBetty, on 25 June 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

That's an idea, but that would take staff to make that change, and there is little evidence enough staff is assigned to WP to do something like that.

Initially I agreed with you, but after some thought, I cannot.  I have to admit making pilots fly more than just one type, grade, and/or nationality of plane is much better than rewarding flying just the faves.  The personal points mission made me fly all diff kinds od planes and nations, and I benefited from it.  I actually want that mission again.

WBB

Having these "dailies" that involve all types of aircraft and different nationalities are ok by me. It just means I have to diversify and research and play all different types of aircraft which is good to keep us out of a rut (playing the same type of aircraft forever). Sure, it's very frustrating to get a daily that you can't do because you don't have that type of plane or the right nationality. But it isn't that huge of a game breaker.

Since WoWP is free to play I am surprised that Wargaming doesn't have any option to pay to skip the current daily mission and get a new one for 1 gold. That way you can keep picking until you get one that you can complete with your current planes. I thought that all FTP games would leverage "pay to play" and "pay to win" to the maximum possible.   

Marraskuu #16 Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:50 AM

• 13887 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 26 June 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

Having these "dailies" that involve all types of aircraft and different nationalities are ok by me. It just means I have to diversify and research and play all different types of aircraft which is good to keep us out of a rut (playing the same type of aircraft forever). Sure, it's very frustrating to get a daily that you can't do because you don't have that type of plane or the right nationality. But it isn't that huge of a game breaker.

Since WoWP is free to play I am surprised that Wargaming doesn't have any option to pay to skip the current daily mission and get a new one for 1 gold. That way you can keep picking until you get one that you can complete with your current planes. I thought that all FTP games would leverage "pay to play" and "pay to win" to the maximum possible.   

They pay very little attention to our "suggestions". They will probably look at this one and act. Good job everybody.

Han shot first.

WhoaBlackBetty #17 Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:06 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2692 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 26 June 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Gotta say, I  like that.

cobra_marksman #18 Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:15 AM

• 9825 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 26 June 2020 - 07:23 PM, said:

View PostMarraskuu, on 26 June 2020 - 07:50 PM, said:

They pay very little attention to our "suggestions". They will probably look at this one and act. Good job everybody.

Agreed....:great: maybe Wowp :B with the angle of making some cash $, :coin: they might consider it.

I'd would mind "pay to play " to choose the daily missions that fit my style of play.

It would make the game a little more enjoyable, and just maybe increase the # of players and improve the game overall.:medal:

cobra_marksman #19 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:39 AM

• 9825 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postlosttwo, on 26 June 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

Again I repeat myself.

You are right.

I obviously do know better.

I fly my bombers like an overweight heavy with no turning ability.

No reason you can not shoot ADA and other planes. After all there is a thing called respawn.

( these are your words )

Let me ask you one question being you are a man of many words..14,603 post & 8,673 missions.

How did you do all these bomber missions being you really only have 1 high tier bomber, that you don't fly much ?

Before you try to brag about being a real expert on " bomber missions ", I looked up your stats, you flew 350 total missions, with all your bombers.

I never brag about my stats, but being your going to look at my stats in a bomber, i'll save you some time,  it's over 6000 missions.

You might want to fly those bombers, just a little more, and post a little less.:facepalm:

Your stats were hard to find, I had to first remove you from my " ignore list " to find you & your outstanding stats. ( really just average ).:ohmy:

After checking stats, I put you back on it, sorry,.... you still won't be able to insult me in game chat.

Just wish they had a " post ignore  list." here.:great:

Edited by cobra_marksman, 27 June 2020 - 03:41 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #20 Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:59 AM

Captain

• 30318 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Note to self;  Add 'dayly missions' to the list of what gets folks riled.

:hiding:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users