F4 Function Key = Change to Home Screen

Bugs Help!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Otto_Student_Pilot #1 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 998 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Flying in battle, I think it wise to target a certain opponent.  The majority of time I select the F4 function key, the screen temporarily goes black and I am viewing my home screen.  Rapidly, I find my WoWP in the task bar and click to reenter the game.  Usually, once returned to the game, I have been shot down.

I have looked at Windows Help and don't find any resources guiding me about the F4 key.  Help!  Any suggestions on how I can use the F4 key to target opponents instead of booting myself from the game?  

I don't have any other problems in the game, well... except for my aim and getting shot down more than I would prefer!

I have a Windows 10 Home desktop (Version 1903)

Intel core i5-333os  

2.70 GHz

RAM is 12.0 GB (11.9 usable)

Curiously yours,

Otto_Student_Pilot

Marraskuu #2 Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14138 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

Be careful not to hold Alt button to see score/planes etc. You do that and F4 you exit game. 

Han shot first.

DrSinister #3 Posted 17 June 2020 - 12:48 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 121 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Are you on a laptop?  Or have a keyboard that changes the F keys to have to use the alternate functions instead of the F keys.  Laptops are known to do this, the alternate functions on the F keys are the primary function and you have to use FN + F key to use the actual F keys as intended on a normal keyboard.

I know on my wife's HP laptop F4 will change to alternate display (if one is there), and that she has to press FN + F4 to use the actual F4.

Edited by DrSinister, 17 June 2020 - 12:52 AM.

blindfoId #4 Posted 17 June 2020 - 10:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostOtto_Student_Pilot, on 17 June 2020 - 02:00 AM, said:

Flying in battle, I think it wise to target a certain opponent.  The majority of time I select the F4 function key, the screen temporarily goes black and I am viewing my home screen.  Rapidly, I find my WoWP in the task bar and click to reenter the game.  Usually, once returned to the game, I have been shot down.

I have looked at Windows Help and don't find any resources guiding me about the F4 key.  Help!  Any suggestions on how I can use the F4 key to target opponents instead of booting myself from the game?  

I don't have any other problems in the game, well... except for my aim and getting shot down more than I would prefer!

I have a Windows 10 Home desktop (Version 1903)

Intel core i5-333os  

2.70 GHz

RAM is 12.0 GB (11.9 usable)

Curiously yours,

Otto_Student_Pilot

Hi,

It seems that you could press F4 while holding Alt key, is it possible? You can always change the controls in the settings - Settings > Controls > All Controls > Battle Interface > Alternative Interface Mode. It's LAlt by default, click on it and change from "Hold" to "Press", so during the game you won't need to hold the key, and it can prevent you from accidently closing the game client when you press F4 while holding the Alt key. 

losttwo #5 Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:40 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

You can also rebind you keys to different command.

I have the F4 rebound to the " K " for Attack / Defend Player.

" K " is for Kill since I use it more for attacking a certain individual rather than defending a certain individual.

All my " F " function keys have been rebound to other keys.

Saves time that way

trikke #6 Posted 17 June 2020 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• 4806 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostblindfoId, on 17 June 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

Hi,

It seems that you could press F4 while holding Alt key, is it possible? You can always change the controls in the settings - Settings > Controls > All Controls > Battle Interface > Alternative Interface Mode. It's LAlt by default, click on it and change from "Hold" to "Press", so during the game you won't need to hold the key, and it can prevent you from accidently closing the game client when you press F4 while holding the Alt key. 

i thought of this, too         i have my Alt set to "hold" and i fly 99% of the time in Alt Interface       

i hit F4 about 3-4 times per battle on average, so that means that i've hit Alt-F4 maybe 10000 times        i've never been dumped

i've been dumped for other things:    bad network, being a bad boyfriend, but not Alt-F4

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Otto_Student_Pilot #7 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:25 AM

Senior Airman

• 998 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Greetings All!  With Marraskuu's wise guidance, I monitored my playing and sure enough!, I was holding the Alt and F4 buttons at the same time and that was the cause of my being tossed out of the game!

Thank you all for your help and I will rebind my keys.  As a new player, I need every advantage available and seeing human players in the "furball" or which of the opposition is low on HPs helps my awareness and decision making!

I really appreciate personally receiving and reading your great advice in these forums!

With oodles of gratitude and a big o7,

Otto_Student_Pilot

losttwo #8 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:38 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:honoring:

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 18 June 2020 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• 30958 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostOtto_Student_Pilot, on 17 June 2020 - 07:25 PM, said:

Greetings All!  With Marraskuu's wise guidance, I monitored my playing and sure enough!, I was holding the Alt and F4 buttons at the same time and that was the cause of my being tossed out of the game!

Thank you all for your help and I will rebind my keys.  As a new player, I need every advantage available and seeing human players in the "furball" or which of the opposition is low on HPs helps my awareness and decision making!

I really appreciate personally receiving and reading your great advice in these forums!

Otto_Student_Pilot

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

_Panzerkunst_ #10 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7502 battles

View PostOtto_Student_Pilot, on 17 June 2020 - 04:25 PM, said:

Otto_Student_Pilot

Same happened to me when they introduced the Bot functions. Didn't realize it until someone posted it here, so much better now. I pretty much keep the Alt view on the entire time except when checking on sectors or directions enemies are flying on the mini map. Always check up on the forum because you'll learn things you've never thought of from people good at computers or are masters of this game. Some players see this game as lines of code like the matrix so it's best to pickup all the tidbits you can from them. <o 

"If You Want Peace, Prepare For War."

trikke #11 Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

Captain

• 4806 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Post_Panzerkunst_, on 18 June 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

Same happened to me when they introduced the Bot functions. Didn't realize it until someone posted it here, so much better now. I pretty much keep the Alt view on the entire time except when checking on sectors or directions enemies are flying on the mini map. Always check up on the forum because you'll learn things you've never thought of from people good at computers or are masters of this game. Some players see this game as lines of code like the matrix so it's best to pickup all the tidbits you can from them. <o 

You are so right...   this forum is chock full of great info for all skill levels

I remember when I was brand new...   I flew in sniper view 90 percent of the time.   What an idiot!

When I posted that, I was gently told that was the reason what I was getting shot down all of the time

Nobody laughed, nobody called me an idiot...  only kind helpful suggestions

It's always been that way on this forum

Marraskuu #12 Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 14138 battles
  • [3MNKY] 3MNKY

View Posttrikke, on 18 June 2020 - 05:29 PM, said:

You are so right...   this forum is chock full of great info for all skill levels

I remember when I was brand new...   I flew in sniper view 90 percent of the time.   What an idiot!

When I posted that, I was gently told that was the reason what I was getting shot down all of the time

Nobody laughed, nobody called me an idiot...  only kind helpful suggestions

It's always been that way on this forum

No it hasn't. There were some players that would always hammer new players. I think one of their favorite lines was "get good". Lately though the forum has been more civilized.

Han shot first.

Otto_Student_Pilot #13 Posted 19 June 2020 - 06:02 AM

Senior Airman

• 998 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Hi again,

_Panzerkunst_, you are spot on!  The forums (all sections) are a wealth of information!  Oodles to absorb!

trikke, you regularly bring a smile to my face, with your self-deprecating comments!  I laughed out loud hearing of your initial flights with Sniper View on throughout the battles!  :teethhappy:

With oodles of gratitude,

_Otto_Student_Pilot

trikke #14 Posted 20 June 2020 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• 4806 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i thought that it was giving me an edge       

a great pilot told me, in alpha, to match my wing mounted guns to my target's wings to get max dps, but i was doing that much too early       too far away to really even hit them        

i didn't know better 

Edited by trikke, 20 June 2020 - 03:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users