Surprised in a good way

Surprised good way

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:31 PM

Major

• 34985 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

So I just added a new 23/4 inch external monitor to my laptop.  I got tired of the squinting required to see on the laptop 15/6 inch screen.   And it worked! 

The surprise comes in about the bug it has cured.  When I bought the new laptop 2 or 3 months ago I lost the Endless Queue of Death bug.  That was nice.  What wasn't nearly as nice is I picked up the Invisible Ground Target bug.  I figured the higher resolution screen would help me pick out the ground targets better even without the usual markers.

What was completely unexpected was the Invisible Ground Target bug seems to have completely disappeared.  This might be premature with only 8 or so battles using the new monitor but usually I would have seen that bug at least 4 times by now.

I wish to give a shout out to support ........... er, no I don't.  But thank you for 'knowing about it' and 'working on it'.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

WhoaBlackBetty #2 Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4257 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Excellent Undies. :great:

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Also: J311yfish: " 'Seal clubbing' and 'head hunting' are an inseparable part of the competitive nature of the game, and both provide a valuable service."

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:52 PM

Major

• 34985 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Ah, er ...... It was another premature exclamation  (why them first 2 wives left).  Just in a battle where some of the ground targets were invisible.  :(

But I can report that I never get noobs on my team anymore!  :great:

OK, that was a lie, too.  :(

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 15 June 2020 - 08:52 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

J311yfish #4 Posted 15 June 2020 - 08:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4629 battles
  • [343] 343
Just curious -- have you installed any mods since the appearance of the 'invisible ground target marker' bug?

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

Master_Cylinder #5 Posted 15 June 2020 - 09:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 200 battles
  • [FK] FK

here we go again... ... ... Mods mess up the game!!!!

Only if you have no clue as to what you are doing

losttwo #6 Posted 15 June 2020 - 10:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 10973 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

SDM

Size does matter

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:21 PM

Major

• 34985 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostJ311yfish, on 15 June 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Just curious -- have you installed any mods since the appearance of the 'invisible ground target marker' bug?

Since I started playing this a bit over 3 years ago I have never installed a single mod and I don't intend to start.  And yes, Master Cylinder, I would have no clue as to what I was doing and don't intend to learn.  The original game is good enough ......... er, almost good enough ........... ah, find me a bug repellent mod and I would change in a heartbeat.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:13 PM

Major

• 1520 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 June 2020 - 06:21 PM, said:

Since I started playing this a bit over 3 years ago I have never installed a single mod and I don't intend to start.  And yes, Master Cylinder, I would have no clue as to what I was doing and don't intend to learn.  The original game is good enough ......... er, almost good enough ........... ah, find me a bug repellent mod and I would change in a heartbeat.

have you tried squinting?

:unsure:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

SkyWolf__WM #9 Posted 16 June 2020 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15478 battles

View PostJ311yfish, on 15 June 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

I use the "Who's the AI bot" mod and Dr. Sinister's death's head skull mod. Mods are good.  :teethhappy:

Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 16 June 2020 - 05:43 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

trikke #10 Posted 18 June 2020 - 01:48 AM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

if you really want to try it without any mods, Check and Repair will find the mods and give you checkboxes to remove them     make sure to restart your PC

wanna try that and report back if it fixes the GT bug?        you can always quickly reinstall the mods

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:12 AM

Major

• 34985 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Another trikke!  Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, there's a sucker born ............... or something like that.

:sceptic:

Seriously, thanks for the suggestion but I really don't care for the idea of using mods.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #12 Posted 18 June 2020 - 11:45 AM

Major

• 5213 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 17 June 2020 - 09:12 PM, said:

Another trikke!  Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice, there's a sucker born ............... or something like that.

:sceptic:

Seriously, thanks for the suggestion but I really don't care for the idea of using mods.

lol, i skipped right over the post where you said that you don't use any mods       

whenever i give advice to anyone, it's similar to the old joke     "doctor, it hurts when i move my arm like this"     "well, don't move your arm like that anymore"

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

SkyWolf__WM #13 Posted 18 June 2020 - 06:30 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15478 battles

View Posttrikke, on 18 June 2020 - 06:45 AM, said:

lol, i skipped right over the post where you said that you don't use any mods       

whenever i give advice to anyone, it's similar to the old joke     "doctor, it hurts when i move my arm like this"     "well, don't move your arm like that anymore"

Dr. Sinister's mods are COOL.  :teethhappy:

MarkoPollo42 #14 Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4465 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 June 2020 - 06:21 PM, said:

Please take off your rose colored glasses while playing WoWP. It is nowhere near "almost good enough." WG needs to get serious and make some much needed improvements to WoWP. For starters, the MM needs to have some intelligence and create more level playing conditions (more evenly matched bots on bots) to level the playing field (one side bot domination is way too frequent). Then there is the totally overlooked clan battles, WoWP doesn't have a way to schedule clan battles that count for xp and points (NO... the training room is a joke). I'm shocked that WoWP completely overlooked having a clan ladder system with resets every season (spring, summer, fall, winter) to go with clan on clan battles. So WoWP is in no way "good enough." 

Edited by MarkoPollo42, 11 August 2020 - 02:18 AM.

SkyWolf__WM #15 Posted 11 August 2020 - 03:00 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15478 battles

View PostMarkoPollo42, on 10 August 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

Please take off your rose colored glasses while playing WoWP. It is nowhere near "almost good enough." WG needs to get serious and make some much needed improvements to WoWP. For starters, the MM needs to have some intelligence and create more level playing conditions (more evenly matched bots on bots) to level the playing field (one side bot domination is way too frequent). Then there is the totally overlooked clan battles, WoWP doesn't have a way to schedule clan battles that count for xp and points (NO... the training room is a joke). I'm shocked that WoWP completely overlooked having a clan ladder system with resets every season (spring, summer, fall, winter) to go with clan on clan battles. So WoWP is in no way "good enough." 

Shut up.  :P

Also tagged with Surprised, good, way

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users