maps tactics losttwo

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 10 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8947 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Calling on all experienced pilots for input.

Please share your experience and success for this map.

I would like you to share your various WINNING strategies for this map.

Yes this is a low tier map and occasionally and very rare for tier 4 pilot.

However this is for the new players and those that often fly tier's 1-4.

If you could tell us what works for you in the various planes you have flown for the win.

Spoiler

losttwo #2 Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:17 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8947 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Spawning from green arrow.

Spawning from red arrow would be reversed.

When I encounter this map in a Heavy fighter:

I will normally head toward the Northern part of the Center Sector at high altitude.

while sending the bots towards the Southern Airfield with the command key.

I normally do not request support.

After taking out the white ADA heavies and or bombers I will swing to the Northern Airfield to Capture.

Relying on the rest of the team to finish capturing the Center Sector.

When the Airfield is secured I will sweep South through the Center attacking anything at high altitude

as I sweep into the Southern Airfield.

IN a GA I will try to Capture the Center First then Sweep towards the Northern Airfield.

I will request support using the command key and using the " Attack Sector " command key

directing my bots to the Northern Airfield.

Then of course I will just head towards the Southern Airfield recapping as I go.

As for fighters, bombers and multi-roles. I really can not recall having this map while flying them.

trikke #3 Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• 4844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

so this is the five cap map, right?      i usually just amble on down to the airfield that the game auto-aims me at, then i go mess with their home cap   

(i see 5 caps, but only three are in color, is it actually the 3 cap?)      either way, same strategy for me

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

losttwo #4 Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:21 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8947 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posttrikke, on 10 June 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

so this is the five cap map, right?      i usually just amble on down to the airfield that the game auto-aims me at, then i go mess with their home cap   

(i see 5 caps, but only three are in color, is it actually the 3 cap?)      either way, same strategy for me

Its the 3 cap map. photo is in the spoiler. The 2 lighter caps are non functioning for the Siege battle.

I think I am going to do this a couple times a week to cover all the maps to tier 10

Maqor #5 Posted 10 June 2020 - 09:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3592 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR

The tactics this map is designed for include:

"W is... oh, that's boost, not drive forward."

"How do I turn? What key is that?"

"Wait, are there 3 teams? Who's the white team?"

Working on specializing...

to fix weakness: F4F, XP-44, P-51A, I-210

to add speed: Hurricane II, Spit V, Bristol 146

WhoaBlackBetty #6 Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3279 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I see this map I think, when I am flying the Ar-65 German MR.  I just head to an air base, work down or up from there, F2ing my initial attacked sector first, then F2ing heck outta whatever I need to F2.

Is that what you are asking?

WBB

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 10 June 2020 - 10:23 PM

Major

• 31757 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostMaqor, on 10 June 2020 - 04:53 PM, said:

The tactics this map is designed for include:

"W is... oh, that's boost, not drive forward."

"How do I turn? What key is that?"

"Wait, are there 3 teams? Who's the white team?"

:medal:    LOL   You forgot, 'How do I shoot these rocket thingys?'

Yes!  Flying a bomber on this map requires help from your 'team'.  Unfortunately, all too often the best you can hope for is a semi-competent bot or two.  LFs and multi-roles can dominate this map.

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 10 June 2020 - 10:24 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Dru83 #8 Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4642 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I think you should always play to your role, that is you should choose your first sector to attack based on your aircraft. Heavies, bombers, and GAs should go to the garrison first. Garrisons can be captured by ground target destruction alone, so they're good for bombers and ground attacks. Heavies do better against other heavies and against bombers and ground attacks, so they should also go to the garrison. Multiroles can choose either as they are good at both garrisons and airfields. Light fighters should go to the airfield so they have plenty of light defense planes to shoot down. I tend to be more defense minded on a three cap map because if the enemy gets all the caps, there's less time to try to recapture a cap point. So, if my team has one sector and the other team has two, I might be more inclined to defend if the enemy is attacking our cap. On 4 and 5 cap maps, I'd probably be more inclined to always be capping.

Captain_Rownd #9 Posted 11 June 2020 - 12:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3717 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 10 June 2020 - 11:17 AM, said:

When I encounter this map in a Heavy fighter:

I will normally head toward the Northern part of the Center Sector at high altitude.

while sending the bots towards the Southern Airfield with the command key.

I've never seen the bots change course in response to an F2.  They just signal whether they're already headed there.  

Either this or the 5-cap version I always zoom to the lefthand airfield first.  The exception is when I'm in a bomber, I'll do the opposite.  From there I roll with whatever is happening. 

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Deltavee #10 Posted 11 June 2020 - 01:49 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3763 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 10 June 2020 - 07:49 PM, said:

I've never seen the bots change course in response to an F2.  They just signal whether they're already headed there.  

Either this or the 5-cap version I always zoom to the lefthand airfield first.  The exception is when I'm in a bomber, I'll do the opposite.  From there I roll with whatever is happening. 

I usually F2 everything at the centre while going for the North airfield.  If the bot gods are feeling benevolent you wind up with two adjacent caps; then F2 the South airfield while sitting on the other two.  Flying out of the capped pair you can often intercept whatever is spawned by the opfor.

Unless you run into some couple thousand hour plus guys flighted up and slumming, then you're scrod.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

qu33kKC #11 Posted 11 June 2020 - 11:42 AM

• 10515 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 11 June 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

I've never seen the bots change course in response to an F2. 

I have.    To the OP, at this low a tier, map tactics are optional.  Just shoot the red things and you'll do fine.  There certainly are maps where some planning is a big help, so no disrespect to the concept of discussing such things.

losttwo #12 Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8947 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postqu33kKC, on 11 June 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

I have.    To the OP, at this low a tier, map tactics are optional.  Just shoot the red things and you'll do fine.  There certainly are maps where some planning is a big help, so no disrespect to the concept of discussing such things.

No offense taken. You are at some level correct about low tiers being nothing more than a shooting gallery.

I am hoping that this concept will breath some new life into the forums

WhoaBlackBetty #13 Posted 11 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3279 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Just fought that map in the MR Ar-65, two airfields per side, I was closest to the garrison. Fighting against a flighted pair of P-12s.

I headed to the garrison, took it handily, and stayed there killing GAAs and some fighters and F2ing the outside airfields.  Had the flight not been what was probably new pilots, or were I not a vet, might have ended up not winning, but my team did. I never saw their flighted pair, neither did I see my one human teammate.

BAMbaLAM:  You remember that guy who was running several accounts atthe same time, gaming the system or whatever?  Did that include the names Darntes26 and Darntes207?  That was the flighted pair, and I just saw where they did not earn a single point.  Also just saw the human on my team was Darntes208. NOw I seeeeeee.

Edited by WhoaBlackBetty, 11 June 2020 - 04:45 PM.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

qu33kKC #14 Posted 11 June 2020 - 07:23 PM

• 10515 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 11 June 2020 - 04:23 PM, said:

I am hoping that this concept will breath some new life into the forums

I would certainly look forward to seeing a good discussion regarding several maps, the CC/Garrison/Forward Airfield Melanesia map, the Egypt 5 base one with garrisons right in front of each spawn, and the Rome 2 Garrison, CC, Airfield one.  I certainly have my own ideas on how to approach these, the Melanesia and Rome ones due to being inherently imbalanced for one spawn vs the other. (imho)    :great:

trikke #15 Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:46 PM

Captain

• 4844 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Postqu33kKC, on 11 June 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

I would certainly look forward to seeing a good discussion regarding several maps, the CC/Garrison/Forward Airfield Melanesia map, the Egypt 5 base one with garrisons right in front of each spawn, and the Rome 2 Garrison, CC, Airfield one.  I certainly have my own ideas on how to approach these, the Melanesia and Rome ones due to being inherently imbalanced for one spawn vs the other. (imho)    :great:

oh em gee      what a great idea for another thread      "Unbalanced Maps and What to Do if You're Holding the Short End of the Stick"        go for it, brother 

SNL is great place for discussions on map plus/deltas       i just listen, because i've really never studied maps as closely as LMG, Reito, SFMY and Nue do

i would even fail a map name test      is "Arctic Surprise: Tears Will Fall" a real map name or not?         sure sounds reasonable to me

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

Captain_Rownd #16 Posted 13 June 2020 - 01:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3717 battles
the map names in this game are certainly bizarre

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

qu33kKC #17 Posted 13 June 2020 - 11:30 AM

• 10515 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Posttrikke, on 12 June 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

is "Arctic Surprise: Tears Will Fall" a real map name or not?      

That sounds like something from sandtiger's soundtrack list!  :teethhappy:  :great:

Also tagged with maps, tactics, losttwo

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users