Terrain can be another weapon

terrain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

KAIM_INVICTUS #1 Posted 22 May 2020 - 04:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• 10957 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Terrain, sometimes it can be weapon as barrier and ambush.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 22 May 2020 - 05:29 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2447 battles
Too bad that Acrobatic Expert achievement proved impossible to program and dropped...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Panoptic #3 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6729 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Kaim is an exceptional pilot regardless, but I believe this specific tactic is mostly viable due to a rendering delay after losing sight of a target. It relies on newer players ignorance of this unrealistic mechanic (or glitch?), as they expect to see their target once they have a clear field of view and target is within view range. But the target stays hidden for a few more seconds, long enough to maneuver to your side/rear.

Edited by Panoptic, 22 May 2020 - 06:17 PM.

losttwo #4 Posted 22 May 2020 - 06:07 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8211 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postpyantoryng, on 22 May 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

Too bad that Acrobatic Expert achievement proved impossible to program and dropped...

Yeah I miss that achievement/medal.

They were so much fun to get.

More so on the SECRET AIRBASE arctic map.

I have a few left over videos of using terrain.

Also have a few recent humans experience the wrath of my use of terrain.

GREAT VIDEO KAIM:great:

LMG #5 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

I'm a big fan of using terrain. I think I've claimed two lives in the past by playing "who turns better" near mountains with fighters. Terrain is especially useful on GAAs since they're basically the closest to it consistently out of all classes, be it for line of slight blocking, removing potential attack angles, setting up bombkills or, my favorite, forcing enemies into steep dives so they nosedive into the floor :trollface:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

WhoaBlackBetty #6 Posted 22 May 2020 - 08:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2346 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Terra is OP.

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in site! BAM ba LAMMM!

black_hull4 #7 Posted 01 June 2020 - 11:40 PM

Airman Basic

• 37 battles

On the Sea Gate map there are stoplights & navigation signs for the trains, attached to boxy overhead scaffoldings. I like to fly a single-engine plane along the railroad underneath those structures, so when someone tries to follow me they crash into them! Other times they are too busy trying not to crash to shoot. And if I have a tail gunner it's like fish in a barrel.

There's this one tower along the rails somewhere, and I have to watch out for it since I've smacked into it a few times. I think that's the only reason it's even there.

Commodore_Sailracer #8 Posted Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5212 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postblack_hull4, on 01 June 2020 - 06:40 PM, said:

On the Sea Gate map there are stoplights & navigation signs for the trains, attached to boxy overhead scaffoldings. I like to fly a single-engine plane along the railroad underneath those structures, so when someone tries to follow me they crash into them! Other times they are too busy trying not to crash to shoot. And if I have a tail gunner it's like fish in a barrel.

There's this one tower along the rails somewhere, and I have to watch out for it since I've smacked into it a few times. I think that's the only reason it's even there.

I never noticed those.  I'll have to try that!  I like flying under all the various bridges in the game, even if I'm not being chased.  Or rolling 90 degrees and flying between the smokestacks at the mining plant.

Also tagged with terrain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users