Jump to content


Rare Specimens


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

qu33kKC #21 Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:04 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 9013 battles
  • 716
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    10-14-2017

View PostNunchakus69, on 23 May 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

I'm curious about where is new aircrafts?

 

Premium Shop, for real $$$$.



crzyhawk #22 Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5296 battles
  • 1,194
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 22 May 2020 - 12:26 PM, said:

That's a little perverse.  I mean, I kind of get it.  I can see it now - someone wants the crew, so they sell the plane they already have (after stripping all the good stuff off it), so they then buy the plane again, don't get gold, but get 7-skill crew plus paint, reload their gear onto the plane and then go fly it a bunch to respecialize. 

 

I don't get the thinking on WGs end, but there you have it.


By making it a bonus, you get less for your dollars spent...which encourages you to spend more if you want the gold.  The thinking is, why give free <something> when most people will pay for both.  It's the same reason they sell bundles.  You only want one of these planes, but if we bundle it, we can charge more.  You're still really only getting what you actually want, you're just paying more for it...whether you want to or not.

 

I think you keep specialization when you sell then repurchase as well, I don't think you lose your progress if you already have it.


USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, 7; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5


CorvusCorvax #23 Posted 24 May 2020 - 03:03 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 4850 battles
  • 5,197
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postcrzyhawk, on 23 May 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:


By making it a bonus, you get less for your dollars spent...which encourages you to spend more if you want the gold.  The thinking is, why give free <something> when most people will pay for both.  It's the same reason they sell bundles.  You only want one of these planes, but if we bundle it, we can charge more.  You're still really only getting what you actually want, you're just paying more for it...whether you want to or not.

 

I think you keep specialization when you sell then repurchase as well, I don't think you lose your progress if you already have it.

Now that you mention it, yes, you do keep specialization.  But if you're not already specialized, no, you don't keep the progress.  You get to start over.

 

And yes, I get the bundling idea, but I don't get the hoops you have to jump through in order to get what you're looking for.  My clan mate was interested in the package for the 7-point crew, and already had both planes.  He felt that $35 was a reasonable amount to spend for the crew skill points.  The rest of it?  Yeah, gold is nice, but crew skill points take time.

So, why make your customers jump through crazy hoops for what is essentially a separate piece?  Paint, or crew, or some bonus crates or whatever?  The person already spent money/time to get the Tu-1.  Now they are spending money again (just like you said) to get the bonus stuff.  Just give them the stuff *they don't already have*, and no compensation for the "bonus" items that they DO already have.  My clan mate was ready to buy the bundle for just the crew, (and I know for a fact that this clan mate will buy premium shop planes with multi-point crew but doesn't hardly touch them when they don't have crew) and this should be possible, since it doesn't involve any compensation calculations.

He and I spend about an hour on Discord discussing this yesterday, and I was basically presenting your viewpoint.  LOL.



crzyhawk #24 Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5296 battles
  • 1,194
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
Because we, as suckers, encourage them to do so.  We spend the inflated amounts of money, so they have no reason to change their behavior.  I fully expect that when I can /finally/ get the Hurricane Ia, it's going to come in some crazy bundle and I am going to pay way too much money for.  But I'll do it because it's the only way to get what I want.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, 7; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5


Reitousair #25 Posted 26 May 2020 - 07:48 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12883 battles
  • 702
  • [HVAR] HVAR
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View Postcrzyhawk, on 23 May 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

I think you keep specialization when you sell then repurchase as well, I don't think you lose your progress if you already have it.

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 24 May 2020 - 08:03 AM, said:

Now that you mention it, yes, you do keep specialization.  But if you're not already specialized, no, you don't keep the progress.  You get to start over.

 

You keep specialization progress if you have already specialized a plane OR if you have already completed the specialization mission.

 

If you have sold a plane without completing the specialization mission then there appears to be a limited amount of time where your progress will be saved before it's deleted. I'm not sure how long this window is though since I've only lost progress on planes I had sold months before regaining interest and finally specializing.  However I know for sure that if you complete a specialization mission your progress is permanently saved since after a few months I repurchased the Typhoon which I had completed the specialization mission for, and could instantly buy specialist for it.

 


I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

 

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.


SkyWolf__WM #26 Posted 26 May 2020 - 01:59 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12005 battles
  • 4,986
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postcrzyhawk, on 25 May 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Because we, as suckers, encourage them to do so.  We spend the inflated amounts of money, so they have no reason to change their behavior.  I fully expect that when I can /finally/ get the Hurricane Ia, it's going to come in some crazy bundle and I am going to pay way too much money for.  But I'll do it because it's the only way to get what I want.

 

I put money into the game because I enjoy it and find it cheap entertainment. I'm not a sucker, I'm willing to pay for entertainment. I hate movie theaters, I really don't like TV (did like the US Grant thing last night), and pay hundreds of dollars a month for 600 channels of Bovine Fecal Matter of which, 99.5% of it, hoovers a giant wing wang. This game is a pretty (Insert name of favored diety here) danged good deal.

Of course, I've paid up to 22$ an HOUR just to be on the Intertubes in the old days     :sceptic:

 

 

Edit: The cable bill contains my high-speed internet.


Edited by SkyWolf__WM, 26 May 2020 - 02:01 PM.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.


Confucious #27 Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:33 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 367 battles
  • 55
  • Member since:
    07-18-2011

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 26 May 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

 

I put money into the game because I enjoy it and find it cheap entertainment. I'm not a sucker, I'm willing to pay for entertainment. I hate movie theaters, I really don't like TV (did like the US Grant thing last night), and pay hundreds of dollars a month for 600 channels of Bovine Fecal Matter of which, 99.5% of it, hoovers a giant wing wang. This game is a pretty (Insert name of favored diety here) danged good deal.

Of course, I've paid up to 22$ an HOUR just to be on the Intertubes in the old days     :sceptic:

 

 

Edit: The cable bill contains my high-speed internet.

What he said! Helps me keep my mind growing as well since you have to figure things out according to what hand you are dealt that game. I also play WOWS and WOWP and WOT Blitz, so some dollars spent here are for multiple games. Finally, I have a heck of a time at Christmas opening crates! To me it is pure fun and worth every penny. 

 



Captain_Rownd #28 Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3306 battles
  • 1,490
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 22 May 2020 - 03:05 AM, said:


LOL.

 

Yes, to both, except...

 

This I-16 is not too bad.  It can be fun, in fact.  But yes, the Hs-129A is terribad.

 

Hs 129 A is a fun plane.

 


Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9





3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users