Standard vs Special Project Equipment Spreadsheet

equipment spreadsheet special project equipment

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Reitousair #1 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:40 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13072 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

After recent questions about SP gear I decided to make a spreadsheet so it's easier to visualize the differences between standard equipment and special project equipment. SpiritFoxMY posted it on a different thread from this one but a separate topic should make it much easier for people to find it and use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqkxYCZ_ZcZ8vaRvvJyXpVxQfDnWtfp-uomZLpYLexA/edit?usp=sharing

Still working on the formatting a bit, but it should be highly accurate and complete since I own every piece of SP gear and checked multiple times to make sure everything is correct.  If there are errors however, do let me know.

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:43 PM

Captain

• 30313 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
dup

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 05 May 2020 - 09:45 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 05 May 2020 - 09:45 PM

Captain

• 30313 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
You didn't look into bomb sights?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Reitousair #4 Posted 05 May 2020 - 10:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 13072 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 May 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

You didn't look into bomb sights?

There are no SP bomb sights, in fact, there is no SP ordnance equipment yet.

This sheet only covers equipment that has an SP variant, not regular equipment which can be found here. (though it's pretty old and has not been updated with the G-suit, or most of the SP gear released after the Tu-1 Secret Trials)

I do fly Chinese aircraft a fair amount so... *ahem*

CHINA NUMBAH WAN

I even made a custom skin for my IL-10M!

Premium plane reviews can be found here. Special project equipment spreadsheet can be found here.

losttwo #5 Posted 05 May 2020 - 11:14 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:great: thanks for taking the time to do this

Sink_Stuff #6 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1530 battles
  • [NAPG] NAPG

Thanks for this. Some of this equipment isn't even listed on the game website.

Is any of this a must have though? I dont see anything that is game changing here. But I'm new so I may not see it anyway. But for my games so far if I do well then it usually isn't because of equipment. Another player even recently posted that they would rather fly without equipment.

The only time so far that equipment was vital was in a turn and burn plane. Being able to out turn the other guy helps a ton in a turn and burn plane. This is obviously the reason why there is no much better turn and burn equipment. Even the Japan light airframe really doesnt let you turn more than standard equipment. 

So what of this equipment is a must have over regular equipment? As well is this equipment only available in the store?

SpiritFoxMY #7 Posted 06 May 2020 - 03:48 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5575 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostSink_Stuff, on 06 May 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

Thanks for this. Some of this equipment isn't even listed on the game website.

Is any of this a must have though? I dont see anything that is game changing here. But I'm new so I may not see it anyway. But for my games so far if I do well then it usually isn't because of equipment. Another player even recently posted that they would rather fly without equipment.

The only time so far that equipment was vital was in a turn and burn plane. Being able to out turn the other guy helps a ton in a turn and burn plane. This is obviously the reason why there is no much better turn and burn equipment. Even the Japan light airframe really doesnt let you turn more than standard equipment. 

So what of this equipment is a must have over regular equipment? As well is this equipment only available in the store?

Most Critical: 

1. Boost Injection/Turbine - there're literally no tradeoffs. This one is a straight upgrade with the potential for up to 20% faster boost regeneration. You accelerate and fly faster and longer and recover it sooner. This is the single most broken piece of equipment in the game. If you've had problems with Spitfires hunting your multiroles down, this thing is your solution. 

2. Gas Operated Action - 20% dps boost for any plane that can take it? Yes please. Faster RoF also makes it easier to hit stuff despite the accuracy nerf because you're throwing more lead downrange faster. As an added bonus, you have up to 20% increase in fire chance. Combine with another +10% from your gunsight, slap on incendiary bullets and watch the world burn

3. Lightweight Power Unit - again, literally no tradeoff. Better agility and controllability for lower vulnerability AND the added acceleration? 

Least Critical:

1. Gunsight - Kinda useless. You really only want it for the additional bonuses to range and autoaim. Thus extremely expensive for what it offers

2. Engine Armor - Again, kinda useless. It only offers up the option for 2% additional HP... which isn't a lot, really. And loses the ability to reduce the boost nerf. Too expensive for too little benefit

3. Reinforced Bolt Carriers - Its a straight upgrade over the standard RBC, but the problem is that its an RBC. Extremely niche applications but incredibly powerful in them

Edited by SpiritFoxMY, 06 May 2020 - 03:50 AM.

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

CorvusCorvax #8 Posted 06 May 2020 - 04:03 AM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostReitousair, on 05 May 2020 - 09:40 PM, said:

After recent questions about SP gear I decided to make a spreadsheet so it's easier to visualize the differences between standard equipment and special project equipment. SpiritFoxMY posted it on a different thread from this one but a separate topic should make it much easier for people to find it and use it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vqkxYCZ_ZcZ8vaRvvJyXpVxQfDnWtfp-uomZLpYLexA/edit?usp=sharing

Still working on the formatting a bit, but it should be highly accurate and complete since I own every piece of SP gear and checked multiple times to make sure everything is correct.  If there are errors however, do let me know.

+1 for the excellent info.

_DerUberMensch_ #9 Posted 06 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

Master Sergeant

• 12697 battles

great post

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 06 May 2020 - 01:50 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12497 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostReitousair, on 05 May 2020 - 04:40 PM, said:

Good stuff. Thanks a lot.  :medal:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

trikke #11 Posted 06 May 2020 - 02:50 PM

Captain

• 4691 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

beautiful job, Reito!    ty!           i did see plenty of purple "not worth its" but no red "not worth its"

did i skip some sheets?

edit:   i see the caveats      nvrmind

Edited by trikke, 06 May 2020 - 02:53 PM.

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

J311yfish #12 Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4147 battles
  • [343] 343
Thank you

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users