Jump to content


Is there something wrong with how bombers' xp are calculated?

bomber economy

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

vcharng #1 Posted 24 April 2020 - 05:30 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4582 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

I just got this game in my Ju288C: 14375PP, 620 capture points, defeat, grade III bomber.

From my experience in P.1056 which is also a T8, similar PP and proficiency rating should give about 2000 experience when defeated, and 3000 when victory.

and instead of 2000, I got 1200.

I've been wondering about this for a while, it's just that this particular battle serves as the best example.

 

I mean, this can't be right. I'm fighting normally (i.e. not exceptionally good, it's not specced and there are lots of hard-counters for bombers at T8.) and yet I'm getting T4-ish experience in T8....

I've even resorted to fighting in other planes and use gold to turn the xp into FE because this is about 4 times faster than actually flying that bomber...

 

For reference:

Ju 288C (T8): 14375PP, defeat, 1200 xp

Bf 110B (T4): 10850PP, victory, 1600 xp

 

even with victory factor balanced, Ju 288 is still getting about the same xp for 14K PP as a Bf 110B with merely 11K PP. Not to mention the Ju 288 is FOUR tiers higher.


Edited by vcharng, 24 April 2020 - 08:18 AM.


Captain_Underpants53 #2 Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 30069 battles
  • 4,669
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017
I have never figured out that whole plane XP thing.  I can be awful and get a high XP or, as in your example, kill it and get a low XP.  It actually feels kind of random.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

vcharng #3 Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4582 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 24 April 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

I have never figured out that whole plane XP thing.  I can be awful and get a high XP or, as in your example, kill it and get a low XP.  It actually feels kind of random.

In my case it seems that I only get disproportionately low XP on bombers, even if I actually killed quite a lot of targets.

 

Side note: both examples given on the OP have Grade III (or whatever it's called) Proficiency.



12_inch_Hawk #4 Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23018 battles
  • 365
  • [GW__S] GW__S
  • Member since:
    06-02-2018

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 24 April 2020 - 04:24 AM, said:

I have never figured out that whole plane XP thing.  I can be awful and get a high XP or, as in your example, kill it and get a low XP.  It actually feels kind of random.


nobody has or will figure it out.  Its a black box and they refuse to release that information.  I have asked many times and been told flat out that they will not release that "proprietary" information.  You will never get a satisfactory answer to how xp and credits are calculated.  There is no logical way that points, credits and xp are corelated because its an overly complex system that tries to mix egalitarianism with meritocracy.  With no discernable correlation there can not be a logical inference of causation.  Meaning; points do not necessarily cause xp.  For example, it might be based off of damage and not points.  Two things I have learned though;

 

1- it heavily favours weaker players.  The calculation is inversely logarithmic in that you get incrementally less xp and credits for each incremental increase in performance.  For example you will get far more xp for shooting down 2 planes per battle over 5 battles than shooting down the same 10 planes in a single battle.  There is probably some large base amount every body gets just for entering battle or meeting some basic criteria and than only small additional amounts for performance above that.

 

2- every tier, class of plane, and individual plane have their own "multiplier".  This is similar to premium planes have an additional 20% multiplier.  However,  since they wont release that information it is theoretically possible for a tech tree plane to have a higher multiplier than a premium and you wouldn't know or at a minimum it would be difficult to prove.  GA's are supposed to have the highest multipliers.  Meaning if you do the exact same thing in a different plane you will end up with a different result.

 

3- This is purely speculation but it may be beneficial (or at least more efficient) to destroy a large number of smaller targets than a small number of larger ones of equal value.   I haven't tested this enough to give a definite answer.


Edited by 12_inch_Hawk, 24 April 2020 - 12:22 PM.


LMG #5 Posted 24 April 2020 - 04:19 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 2,071
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

From my experience, ground targets seem to be worth a lot less experience when compared to enemy planes. In matches where I got one plane kill with my GAAs I almost always got a pretty noticeable boost in experience gained :bajan:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

vcharng #6 Posted 25 April 2020 - 01:07 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4582 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostLMG, on 24 April 2020 - 04:19 PM, said:

From my experience, ground targets seem to be worth a lot less experience when compared to enemy planes. In matches where I got one plane kill with my GAAs I almost always got a pretty noticeable boost in experience gained :bajan:

But I had a 1102B game with practically only ground kills yesterday, and the experience was pretty normal...

Plus my 288 is actually shooting down quite a number of planes...

And yet I'm looking at like 50% less xp than other planes of the same tier, with the same PP....

 

Well anyway I'll continue checking, there's no other thing I can do with this anyway...



SenatorTH #7 Posted 25 April 2020 - 03:46 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5344 battles
  • 160
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    07-04-2018

View Postvcharng, on 24 April 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

In my case it seems that I only get disproportionately low XP on bombers, even if I actually killed quite a lot of targets.

 

Side note: both examples given on the OP have Grade III (or whatever it's called) Proficiency.


It's a known fact that bombers at lower tiers get much less exp.



vcharng #8 Posted 25 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4582 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostSenatorTH, on 25 April 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:


It's a known fact that bombers at lower tiers get much less exp.

Does that "lower tier" include Tier 8?

Cuz I'm getting like T8 bomber with T4 non-bomber experience.

I didn't really notice something like that in my He111 or Do 217 though.



SenatorTH #9 Posted 25 April 2020 - 04:13 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 5344 battles
  • 160
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    07-04-2018

View Postvcharng, on 25 April 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

Does that "lower tier" include Tier 8?

Cuz I'm getting like T8 bomber with T4 non-bomber experience.

I didn't really notice something like that in my He111 or Do 217 though.


Btw, Do217M suffers from that drastically. Whatever you do, you barely can reach 1500-1600 exp.

Well, just take for example Prenzlau and check his bomber stats. I suppose he flies bombers at its finest, so he should have the most avg.experience. OK, we do look and what do we see? Even his bombers exp suck deeply, compared to fighters. And if you check anyone else you'll see the exact same picture. 

 



vcharng #10 Posted 25 April 2020 - 04:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 4582 battles
  • 1,084
  • Member since:
    10-25-2017

View PostSenatorTH, on 25 April 2020 - 04:13 AM, said:


Btw, Do217M suffers from that drastically. Whatever you do, you barely can reach 1500-1600 exp.

Well, just take for example Prenzlau and check his bomber stats. I suppose he flies bombers at its finest, so he should have the most avg.experience. OK, we do look and what do we see? Even his bombers exp suck deeply, compared to fighters. And if you check anyone else you'll see the exact same picture. 

 

well than Ju 288C is worse than that, it won't go higher than 1400 despite being two tiers higher than 217M.

 

Anyway now I know that bombers do have significantly less xp.....



trikke #11 Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:19 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4629 battles
  • 4,310
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
the more i curse and moan, the less xp i get           it's the only valid unit of measurement, so that's my 'black box'
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users