Jump to content


more clan modes

clan modes no bot PvP

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

losttwo #1 Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:54 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 8722 battles
  • 14,646
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

From some EMT that has been using AED's on threads comes a NOVEL idea.

Create more PvP modes but for clans only.

 



WhoaBlackBetty #2 Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:59 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2597 battles
  • 2,420
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-27-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 12 April 2020 - 04:54 PM, said:

From some EMT that has been using AED's on threads comes a NOVEL idea.

Create more PvP modes but for clans only.

 

 

I like it.


De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

                                                                                                                     

       


TeamTerrence #3 Posted 13 April 2020 - 03:52 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 178
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2016

 

Well back in 2017 the devs said they were adding a pvp mode and then the last visit they said we have not forgotten their promise.

 

Since then any mention of pvp mode results in removed threads/warnings issued and complete silence.

 

A yes and no answer would be nice but one can only be hopeful



Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:56 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 30042 battles
  • 4,667
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostTeamTerrence, on 12 April 2020 - 10:52 PM, said:

 

Well back in 2017 the devs said they were adding a pvp mode and then the last visit they said we have not forgotten their promise.

 

Since then any mention of pvp mode results in removed threads/warnings issued and complete silence.

 

A yes and no answer would be nice but one can only be hopeful


You get the same reaction if you ask about the new bombers that were supposed to come out last Fall.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #5 Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:56 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 4875 battles
  • 5,268
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 13 April 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:


You get the same reaction if you ask about the new bombers that were supposed to come out last Fall.


Don't forget the rework of the pilot skills.  :/



trikke #6 Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:12 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 4619 battles
  • 4,309
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
and Specializing version 2
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

crzyhawk #7 Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:12 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5436 battles
  • 1,280
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
population can't really support splitting it for pvp modes.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, IId; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5


SpiritFoxMY #8 Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:18 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5570 battles
  • 3,023
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

View Postcrzyhawk, on 15 April 2020 - 10:12 AM, said:

population can't really support splitting it for pvp modes.

 

At this point I think PvP might INCREASE population. Most of the current players would never play it anyway and it might entice a few of the old 1.x lurkers back to try it out at least until they realize that the few people currently playing who WOULD be interested in PvP have fully kitted out mega planes with built in advantages that would render them nigh unstoppable in PvP and disappear again.


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


Four_Leaf_Tayback #9 Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:34 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 352 battles
  • 371
  • Member since:
    06-28-2017

To me, and this is just my opinion, they have put this game into maintenance mode and nothing more.  From a business perspective it makes sense.  Get what you can out of it, but for gosh sakes, don't sink any more money into it.  I know they promised things, but that was probably when they were optimistic that 2.X was going to be the game changer that relaunched the title.  Now that they see the impact of 2.X was pretty insignificant in terms of additional players, I don't see how they could justify adding more modes.  

 

Adding planes is (or I think should be) relatively simple, you just copy another plane, modify the specs and away you go.  Given that they haven't even done that lately is pretty telling as to the amount of resources they are willing to throw at this game.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I would like a PvP mode, some type of clan-based activities, new planes, etc. etc.  I just don't think that they are, at present, willing to throw any resources above and beyond the little stuff they are doing presently.  


Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 15 April 2020 - 04:40 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 30042 battles
  • 4,667
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 14 April 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

To me, and this is just my opinion, they have put this game into maintenance mode and nothing more.  From a business perspective it makes sense.  Get what you can out of it, but for gosh sakes, don't sink any more money into it.  I know they promised things, but that was probably when they were optimistic that 2.X was going to be the game changer that relaunched the title.  Now that they see the impact of 2.X was pretty insignificant in terms of additional players, I don't see how they could justify adding more modes.  

 

Adding planes is (or I think should be) relatively simple, you just copy another plane, modify the specs and away you go.  Given that they haven't even done that lately is pretty telling as to the amount of resources they are willing to throw at this game.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I would like a PvP mode, some type of clan-based activities, new planes, etc. etc.  I just don't think that they are, at present, willing to throw any resources above and beyond the little stuff they are doing presently.  


I agree.  

 

:(


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #11 Posted 15 April 2020 - 10:27 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 4875 battles
  • 5,268
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 15 April 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

To me, and this is just my opinion, they have put this game into maintenance mode and nothing more.  From a business perspective it makes sense.  Get what you can out of it, but for gosh sakes, don't sink any more money into it.  I know they promised things, but that was probably when they were optimistic that 2.X was going to be the game changer that relaunched the title.  Now that they see the impact of 2.X was pretty insignificant in terms of additional players, I don't see how they could justify adding more modes.  

 

Adding planes is (or I think should be) relatively simple, you just copy another plane, modify the specs and away you go.  Given that they haven't even done that lately is pretty telling as to the amount of resources they are willing to throw at this game.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I would like a PvP mode, some type of clan-based activities, new planes, etc. etc.  I just don't think that they are, at present, willing to throw any resources above and beyond the little stuff they are doing presently.  

It's almost like there's an echo.



crzyhawk #12 Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5436 battles
  • 1,280
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

View PostSpiritFoxMY, on 14 April 2020 - 09:18 PM, said:

 

At this point I think PvP might INCREASE population. Most of the current players would never play it anyway and it might entice a few of the old 1.x lurkers back to try it out at least until they realize that the few people currently playing who WOULD be interested in PvP have fully kitted out mega planes with built in advantages that would render them nigh unstoppable in PvP and disappear again.


if those old school 1.x pilots are as good as they say they are, fully kitted out mega planes should be no problem for them.


USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, IId; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5


crzyhawk #13 Posted 21 April 2020 - 12:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 5436 battles
  • 1,280
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 14 April 2020 - 10:34 PM, said:

To me, and this is just my opinion, they have put this game into maintenance mode and nothing more.  From a business perspective it makes sense.  Get what you can out of it, but for gosh sakes, don't sink any more money into it.  I know they promised things, but that was probably when they were optimistic that 2.X was going to be the game changer that relaunched the title.  Now that they see the impact of 2.X was pretty insignificant in terms of additional players, I don't see how they could justify adding more modes.  

 

Adding planes is (or I think should be) relatively simple, you just copy another plane, modify the specs and away you go.  Given that they haven't even done that lately is pretty telling as to the amount of resources they are willing to throw at this game.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I would like a PvP mode, some type of clan-based activities, new planes, etc. etc.  I just don't think that they are, at present, willing to throw any resources above and beyond the little stuff they are doing presently.  


They aren't even cut/pasting planes that they could get away with selling with minor tweaks.


USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I, IId; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

 | Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

  ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | VVS: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users