You pulled out all the stops today!

A veritable cornucopia of bugs!

Swell

:(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Four_Leaf_Tayback #2 Posted 05 April 2020 - 10:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

You need to buy a bug zapper for your PC.   

But seriously, who is your internet provider?  What type of computer are you using?  You seem to have a lot of issues that I don't have or only very rarely have.  Seeing from your profile you are in Ft. Myers (I assume, Florida), you should have pretty good internet access available to you.  If I had as many issues as you, yes, I would blame the game, but since I don't, as Robert Plant might say, "It makes me wonder..."

Not trying to neg you Capt, but if I had the issues you have, and since very few are piling on, you might just want to look at your setup.  

Edited by Four_Leaf_Tayback, 05 April 2020 - 11:07 PM.

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 05 April 2020 - 11:40 PM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 05 April 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

You need to buy a bug zapper for your PC.   

But seriously, who is your internet provider?  What type of computer are you using?  You seem to have a lot of issues that I don't have or only very rarely have.  Seeing from your profile you are in Ft. Myers (I assume, Florida), you should have pretty good internet access available to you.  If I had as many issues as you, yes, I would blame the game, but since I don't, as Robert Plant might say, "It makes me wonder..."

Not trying to neg you Capt, but if I had the issues you have, and since very few are piling on, you might just want to look at your setup.  

I suspect it is because I am using an AMD processor.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Four_Leaf_Tayback #4 Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 April 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

I suspect it is because I am using an AMD processor.

Nawww, I have an AMD processor it it works really well.  However, what AMD processor do you have?  Also, are you using the integrated AMD graphics and not a discrete graphics card?  Are you on a laptop and not a desktop?  If you are on a laptop with integrated graphics and it's a couple years old, then yeah.  If you are on a desktop, you have a lot of options.  You may have posted your system specs earlier, but I admit, too lazy to look them up.  What are you running if I may ask?  

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 06 April 2020 - 05:40 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

3 year old (this month) laptop with integrated graphics.  So 3 years, strike 1, laptop, strike 2, and integrated graphics, strike 3.  Sounds like I'm just about out.

:hiding:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deltavee #6 Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:37 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3752 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 April 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

3 year old (this month) laptop with integrated graphics.  So 3 years, strike 1, laptop, strike 2, and integrated graphics, strike 3.  Sounds like I'm just about out.

You've got it figured, Cap.  Couple years ago I tried a laptop (recent at the time) and yes, playable but no way it could keep up.  AMD great for graphics, but not the rest.

:B  :(

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

WhoaBlackBetty #7 Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 3242 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Now you know the prob, are you still gonna yell at WG?

WBB

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

Four_Leaf_Tayback #8 Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 05 April 2020 - 11:40 PM, said:

Yeah, looks like you hit the trifecta of limited horsepower to play the game.  I am willing to bet that, since it's a laptop, you probably actually have a 2016 AMD A10 or similar processor.  The integrated graphics at that time were good, for the time, but AMD has really, really improved their integrated graphics over the past 4 years.  The newer Ryzen 4000 series for laptops haven't really hit the market in a big way yet, but if you are in the market for a new one, wait until those come out.  The integrated graphics will be very much improved.

Of course, if you have the means, building your own desktop is the way to go.  Just don't fall for the hugely overpriced mega-GPUs, this game doesn't need that.  You can get away for a pretty good budget build for less.  

In the meantime, if your laptop has a spinning hard disk drive, upgrading to an SSD is a low cost way to get a bit more performance, but it's not going to solve everything.  Your bottleneck is most likely the integrated graphics and slow memory speeds.  

Edit:  Here is one being released April 10 for reference:  https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Type-GeForce-Gigabit-TUF506IU-ES74/dp/B0865RZR9S

It has discrete graphics, but man! that is a powerful laptop for the price.

Edited by Four_Leaf_Tayback, 07 April 2020 - 11:20 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:12 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostWhoaBlackBetty_, on 07 April 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

Now you know the prob, are you still gonna yell at WG?

WBB

Of course!  (maybe they will gift me a new 'puter to shut me up)

:playing:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:16 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 07 April 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

Yeah, looks like you hit the trifecta of limited horsepower to play the game.  I am willing to bet that, since it's a laptop, you probably actually have a 2016 AMD A10 or similar processor.  The integrated graphics at that time were good, for the time, but AMD has really, really improved their integrated graphics over the past 4 years.  The newer Ryzen 4000 series for laptops haven't really hit the market in a big way yet, but if you are in the market for a new one, wait until those come out.  The integrated graphics will be very much improved.

Of course, if you have the means, building your own desktop is the way to go.  Just don't fall for the hugely overpriced mega-GPUs, this game doesn't need that.  You can get away for a pretty good budget build for less.  

In the meantime, if your laptop has a spinning hard disk drive, upgrading to an SSD is a low cost way to get a bit more performance, but it's not going to solve everything.  Your bottleneck is most likely the integrated graphics and slow memory speeds.  

Edit:  Here is one being released April 10 for reference:  https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-IPS-Type-GeForce-Gigabit-TUF506IU-ES74/dp/B0865RZR9S

Good guess, it is an A10 proc.  I used to build towers but gave it up.  Between aging eyesight and loss of fine motor skills it just got to be a PITA instead of a fun hobby. 

My recommendation?  Die young before it's too late to leave a beautiful corpse.

:P

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #11 Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:21 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Dang you all to heckapalooza!  Now my credit card has uttered a sigh of desperation.  Last rites administered.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Four_Leaf_Tayback #12 Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 07 April 2020 - 06:21 PM, said:

Dang you all to heckapalooza!  Now my credit card has uttered a sigh of desperation.  Last rites administered.

Good news is, you can probably drop it from 4 feet onto concrete and it will survive (maybe).  In practice, I would not recommend this as a test.  I would drop it from 2 inches onto cotton balls and breath a sigh of relief when it boots.   

PS:  There will be others coming out with the same processor, probably cheaper with integrated graphics.  With the rate that WG is upgrading this game (i.e.not at all) you will likely find something almost (emphasis on almost) as good in the near future.  

Who knows, maybe you will upgrade and start playing light fighters?  Stranger things have been seen (well, almost... if I ever saw you in a Spitfire, I would likely sell all my stocks and prepare my bunker).  

Edited by Four_Leaf_Tayback, 08 April 2020 - 01:24 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #13 Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:52 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #14 Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:53 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 07 April 2020 - 08:18 PM, said:

Good news is, you can probably drop it from 4 feet onto concrete and it will survive (maybe).  In practice, I would not recommend this as a test.  I would drop it from 2 inches onto cotton balls and breath a sigh of relief when it boots.   

PS:  There will be others coming out with the same processor, probably cheaper with integrated graphics.  With the rate that WG is upgrading this game (i.e.not at all) you will likely find something almost (emphasis on almost) as good in the near future.  

Who knows, maybe you will upgrade and start playing light fighters?  Stranger things have been seen (well, almost... if I ever saw you in a Spitfire, I would likely sell all my stocks and prepare my bunker).  

LOL, don't dare me!  I got all the Spits just waitin' to blow you up!

:playing:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deltavee #15 Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:06 AM

• 3752 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 07 April 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Good guess, it is an A10 proc.  I used to build towers but gave it up.  Between aging eyesight and loss of fine motor skills it just got to be a PITA instead of a fun hobby. 

My recommendation?  Die young before it's too late to leave a beautiful corpse.

:P

Hire the local teenage computer whiz to build one for you.  He'll probably do it free just for the fun.  (And all the free chocolate bars, of course.)  :amazed:

I sold ours my steel IBM 8088.  You could kill a rhino with that keyboard.  My first computer but he's a collector and I had moved on.

Aaaaaand yeah, to late to leave a beautiful corpse here too.  That's why straight to cremation then the nearest set of rapids. 

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Captain_Underpants53 #16 Posted 08 April 2020 - 03:53 AM

Major

• 31665 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostDeltavee, on 07 April 2020 - 10:06 PM, said:

Hire the local teenage computer whiz to build one for you.  He'll probably do it free just for the fun.  (And all the free chocolate bars, of course.)  :amazed:

I sold ours my steel IBM 8088.  You could kill a rhino with that keyboard.  My first computer but he's a collector and I had moved on.

Aaaaaand yeah, to late to leave a beautiful corpse here too.  That's why straight to cremation then the nearest set of rapids. 

LOL, IOU :medal:

Paid in full!  :medal:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 16 April 2020 - 04:32 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #17 Posted 10 April 2020 - 09:58 PM

Captain

• 4840 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

wowp doesn't require an expensive computer       i had an old laptop until just last month       

a year ago, i replaced the hd in it with an inexpensive ssd        unbelievable boost for less than a sixpack      okay, that's a lie, but they are really so inexpensive 

buy cloning software and a usb cable to transfer everything to the new ssd

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore       

qu33kKC #18 Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:43 PM

• 10464 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Having the minimap show all of the dead enemy planes is really a WONDERFUL glitch to be having.   Sometimes not just as they fall, but AFTER.   Enemy plane in a base?   Nope, just the wreckage showing red.  :angry:

Also tagged with bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users