No response from client

blackscreen noerror nomessage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

PrivateRoo #1 Posted 25 March 2020 - 02:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 112 battles

Hi,

I played very well about a month ago, but I haven't played this game for a while.

When I ran the game a few days ago, I checked the intro video and also checked the login screen where the video was played.

But I didn't like it so I turned off the option to play the video.Then the client stopped.

After that, the game does not run. There is no message and it is just a black screen.

I've tried reinstallation twice, and I've tried recover games, delete cache, and run safe mode, but it's the same.

Deltavee #2 Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4216 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostPrivateRoo, on 25 March 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

Hi,

I played very well about a month ago, but I haven't played this game for a while.

When I ran the game a few days ago, I checked the intro video and also checked the login screen where the video was played.

But I didn't like it so I turned off the option to play the video.Then the client stopped.

After that, the game does not run. There is no message and it is just a black screen.

I've tried reinstallation twice, and I've tried recover games, delete cache, and run safe mode, but it's the same.

Have you tried killing it with Task Manager?  Pull it up and click second tab "Processes" and kill anything that looks related to WG.  Sometimes the game starts up and is running, you just have no User Interface to figure it out, so give Task Manager a shot at it if you haven't tried it. 

You can also go into the game files and there is one specific thing you can delete and it might reset but look that one up because I'm not sure what it is exactly, file or folder or what it is called.  I used it once about two years ago.

Luck.

Edited by Deltavee, 26 March 2020 - 03:28 AM.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

MarkoPollo42 #3 Posted 11 August 2020 - 01:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4435 battles
  • [BSSF] BSSF

Before running WoWP press {Ctrl}{Alt}{Del}, go into task manager, go to the Options drop down menu, and make sure "Always on top" is checked (enabled). When I would {Alt}Tab out of the hanger to do something else, if I was out of WoWP for too long when I came back I would get a black screen that wouldn't eventually go back to the hanger view. When I pressed {Ctrl}{Alt}{Del} and chose Task Manager it would switch to it but because I hadn't enabled "Always on top" is was behind WoWP so I was back at the black screen again. My only choice was to sign out to close everything and sign back in. Now at least I can shut down WoWP through the task manager when needed.

Edit: Don't forget to delete the ProgramData folder too. In Windows 10 there is a hidden folder called "ProgramData" on the C: drive {C:\ProgramData) that has lots of folders for all your installed programs. I just looked in mine (in File Manager go to the address line and type in C:\ProgramData and press {Enter} to view it) and there is a Wargaming.net folder and in that there is a Gamecenter folder and finally an Apps folder. In mine there are 2 WoWP folders. Don't have a clue what WoWP does with it but since it is a WoWP folder my take on it is to uninstall WoWP and make sure all WoWP folders are deleted (if WoWP is the only WG game installed I'd delete the whole Wargaming.net folder but if you have WoT or WoWS installed better not do that... be careful) before you re-install WoWP. Did you also go into your "C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net" folder to delete the World of Warplanes folder before re-installing?

Edited by MarkoPollo42, 11 August 2020 - 01:18 PM.

SkyWolf__WM #4 Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:20 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15435 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Drunkenstyle #5 Posted 11 August 2020 - 02:37 PM

Master Sergeant

• 6467 battles

game is dead.. dont bother.. just turn the lights out on your way out

SkyWolf__WM #6 Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:11 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15435 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDrunkenstyle, on 11 August 2020 - 09:37 AM, said:

game is dead.. dont bother.. just turn the lights out on your way out

Wrong. Drink less.  :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:22 PM

Major

• 34938 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
:medal:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with blackscreen, noerror, nomessage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users