Claim a gift from World of Warplanes!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

crzyhawk #21 Posted 25 March 2020 - 10:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5317 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI

View PostblindfoId, on 25 March 2020 - 01:58 AM, said:

Stay safe and healthy, pilots! And... stay at home if possible :)

Good hunting in the sky of World of Warplanes! 

P.S. These bonuses stack with Premium time. 

which make them superior to premium time that the other games are giving out.

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

| Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5

Silence6966 #22 Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3066 battles
  • [UMMNO] UMMNO
so if I have premium and I use a booster why is it that my credits and exp don't change from when I just flew with premium? shouldnt the bonuses stack? and if no, then why would anyone buy premium? because I just flew several missions with premium, these so called bonuses and the "gift" and my credits exp and pilot xp did not change from when I simply fly with premium and boosters, I have been tracking.
If at first you don't succeed, give up loser, you suck. or man up, get better and win

Russian- I-16e, I-17,Yak7m82, Yak3rd, la5, I210, I220 Yak3, yak1m, yak 15, 
Germans-Ar-67, spitv DB605, BF109B, BF109E, BF110e, ME410, BF109z,ME209A,MEP1092
American-F2a1, P36c, P-38f, XP55,
British-Bulldog, venom,Spitfire1,SpitfireV ,SpitfireXIV,Vampire, Attacker, Hurricane1, Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest,
Japanese- Type91,KI431,KI45  KI 61, KI102,
Israeli-S199 best plane ever
international-b-534,

But Corvus says I only fly vampires and spitfires and Corvus knows everything.

crzyhawk #23 Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5317 battles
  • [3D_MI] 3D_MI
When I fly with premium and boosters, it seems to stack.  I put up pretty big numbers for my pilot exp (I generally only use crew boosters)

USA: XP31; F11C-2; YP29; F2A-1; XF4F-3; Hawk 81A1; P38F; XFL; XF4U-1; P39N; XP55; P-47B; F4U1,4; P51H  

UK: Goldfinch; Skua; Type 224; Wirraway; Bristol 146; Blenheim F; Fantome; Hurricane I; Beaufighter; Boomerang; Venom; Spit I, Ia, XIV; Tornado; Mustang I, Ia; Seafang; Vampire |   

| Germany: FW56; AR67; BF109B, E, E-3, F, G; Me209v4; Spit V DB605, FW190A5   | Japan: Ki5, 61, 84; A6M1, 3, A7M; | 

ROC: Hawk II; Ki43c; Tomahawk IIb; P51K | EU: B534; S199 | USSR: LaGG 3(4); P40M105; Yak7M82, 1, 1M, 3; La5

Captain_Underpants53 #24 Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:34 AM

Captain

• 29395 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSilence6966, on 25 March 2020 - 09:02 PM, said:

so if I have premium and I use a booster why is it that my credits and exp don't change from when I just flew with premium? shouldnt the bonuses stack? and if no, then why would anyone buy premium? because I just flew several missions with premium, these so called bonuses and the "gift" and my credits exp and pilot xp did not change from when I simply fly with premium and boosters, I have been tracking.

If you have Premium days it seems the 1.5 bonuses for the event are not working.  At least that is my experience.  I haven't tried boosters today.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

trikke #25 Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:27 PM

Captain

• 4511 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

i never use the boosters because i don't want to waste them on bad days       

i've got a bunch       do they expire?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Mjr_fUnKadeLiC #26 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• 683 battles

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 25 March 2020 - 07:13 PM, said:

Well there is gifts and then there are better gifts.  So we are, in fact, complaining that we didn't receive the gifts we really wanted, just Premium Time equivalent bonuses instead, which is, btw, essentially what they did in Ships and Tanks..  

HOW DARE THEY!!!!  :izmena::kamikaze::angry:

The other "bonuses" you speak of are event related bonuses to entice players to play the game.  In Ships, it's all related to the introduction of the European Destroyers branch.  Once that event is gone, so will the login bonuses, at least until they get ready to release another new line or something similar. 

Point is, those gifts have nothing to do with the coronavirus and exist independently of it or any reaction WG is making related to it.  It's not really germain to this discussion.  

I'm not german. Please leave nationality out of this "discussion" ( ?) (more like what we do here is grahpitti with punctuation, but okay, lets discuss... and gift me your wisdom)

Please get to the part where when one has "to beg" for it then still a gift? :popcorn:

Edited by Mjr_fUnKadeLiC, 26 March 2020 - 10:16 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #27 Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:49 PM

Captain

• 29395 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Posttrikke, on 26 March 2020 - 04:27 PM, said:

i never use the boosters because i don't want to waste them on bad days       

i've got a bunch       do they expire?

Nope.  At least not at this time.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #28 Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:28 AM

Captain

• 29395 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMjr_fUnKadeLiC, on 24 March 2020 - 10:37 PM, said:

"...we want to give a gift to all of you!"

Just to be clear, a gift is usally "free". To make us work for it, is gRinDage, therefore not a gift.  Not free, not a gift. What it is, is a gesture, free BOOSTERS would be a gift. Free Premium from Ships and Tanks were gifts. Seems "the man" in WoWP does not believe in "giVing", but making us work for it.

Wanted to say thanks, but I will reserve my appreciation for when the gesture is reAL...  And not forced, like this gesture of WoWP- seems a llitle forced, after-the -fact, not genuine, know what I;m say'N? Didn't happen till there was noise. Want love? Give love.

Your original post seems to infer that it doesn't classify as a gift because you have to 'work' for it, by flying.   ????

Free BOOSTERS are a gift, you say?  You do have to fly to take advantage of them, you know.  Free Premium is a gift?  You do know that you have to fly to take advantage of Premium days also.

This is illogical on your part.  It's like saying free Government cheese isn't free because you have to eat it yourself.

:facepalm:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Deltavee #29 Posted 27 March 2020 - 01:06 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3366 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

Taking something of a break mostly to play with water and dirt (yay mud!).  I'm playing the way I usually do and there's not much difference, so....

'Course, not that I play that well in the first place   :bajan:

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Silence6966 #30 Posted 27 March 2020 - 03:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3066 battles
  • [UMMNO] UMMNO
yup if i had known the bonuses wouldn't stack I wouldn't have bought premium. @blindfold, you gotta sort this out dude. not exactly making me want to spend money on the game
If at first you don't succeed, give up loser, you suck. or man up, get better and win

Germans-Ar-67, spitv DB605, BF109B, BF109E, BF110e, ME410, BF109z,ME209A,MEP1092
British-Bulldog, venom,Spitfire1,SpitfireV ,SpitfireXIV,Vampire, Attacker, Hurricane1, Tornado, Typhoon, Tempest,
international-b-534,

blindfoId #31 Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles

View PostMjr_fUnKadeLiC, on 25 March 2020 - 06:37 AM, said:

"...we want to give a gift to all of you!"

Just to be clear, a gift is usally "free". To make us work for it, is gRinDage, therefore not a gift.  Not free, not a gift. What it is, is a gesture, free BOOSTERS would be a gift. Free Premium from Ships and Tanks were gifts. Seems "the man" in WoWP does not believe in "giVing", but making us work for it.

Wanted to say thanks, but I will reserve my appreciation for when the gesture is reAL...  And not forced, like this gesture of WoWP- seems a llitle forced, after-the -fact, not genuine, know what I;m say'N? Didn't happen till there was noise. Want love? Give love.

Bonuses of a standard Premium account work only when you play a battle. The mission introduced requires you to play a battle and gives you +50% credits and experience. +50% credits and experience = Premium account. 

View PostSilence6966, on 27 March 2020 - 06:04 AM, said:

yup if i had known the bonuses wouldn't stack I wouldn't have bought premium. @blindfold, you gotta sort this out dude. not exactly making me want to spend money on the game

It's a standard mission so it just adds additional 50% to your credits and experience after a battle regardless if Premium account is active or not. It's just an additional modifier and according to the data everything works as intended. I'll ask the team to check once again of course, but there seems to be no problem with this mission.

Mjr_fUnKadeLiC #32 Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:08 PM

Master Sergeant

• 683 battles

View PostblindfoId, on 27 March 2020 - 07:20 AM, said:

It's a standard mission so ...

the point made and then deleted, by you, because of the negative publicity to the corporation, and accuracy of the message was that when one has to plead and whine, and beg,

it is no longer a "gift"

A gift has to be freely volunteered, willingly, with no conditions attached. WoWP gave us those missions after many complained.

I correctly pointed out that according the LegaL definition of "gift", the word was being manipulated.  Just because WG "gave" it to us does not automatically make it a "gift" and to say otherwise is misleading.

its one thing to help people in time of need. It's quite another to profit from their misery.

Edited by Mjr_fUnKadeLiC, 27 March 2020 - 05:10 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #33 Posted 27 March 2020 - 05:26 PM

Captain

• 29395 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMjr_fUnKadeLiC, on 27 March 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

the point made and then deleted, by you, because of the negative publicity to the corporation, and accuracy of the message was that when one has to plead and whine, and beg,

it is no longer a "gift"

A gift has to be freely volunteered, willingly, with no conditions attached. WoWP gave us those missions after many complained.

I correctly pointed out that according the LegaL definition of "gift", the word was being manipulated.  Just because WG "gave" it to us does not automatically make it a "gift" and to say otherwise is misleading.

its one thing to help people in time of need. It's quite another to profit from their misery.

I suggest then that you don't accept this 'gift' by not flying.  Stick to your principles!  The profit motive for them to give away anything if you won't accept it is beyond my comprehension.

:popcorn:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 27 March 2020 - 05:28 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Mjr_fUnKadeLiC #34 Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• 683 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 27 March 2020 - 05:26 PM, said:

I suggest then that you don't accept this 'gift' by not flying.  Stick to your principles!  The profit motive for them to give away anything if you won't accept it is beyond my comprehension.

:popcorn:

I don't have a problem with being a hypocrite-do you?. Logic/ Principals? Like any of that means anything to Corporations, thEy don't care. Do you? Still trolling me? Readjust your focus. None of this really matters anyway. ThEy don't care,:popcorn:get outside, there is fresh air sOme where... because the only thing to comprehend is: none of this is rEaL... and it just doesn't maTTer. Have fUn, and live up to the A-S-S motto of supossedly not taking things so seriOusly...

Edited by Mjr_fUnKadeLiC, 27 March 2020 - 07:52 PM.

Silence6966 #35 Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3066 battles
  • [UMMNO] UMMNO

View PostblindfoId, on 27 March 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

Bonuses of a standard Premium account work only when you play a battle. The mission introduced requires you to play a battle and gives you +50% credits and experience. +50% credits and experience = Premium account. 

It's a standard mission so it just adds additional 50% to your credits and experience after a battle regardless if Premium account is active or not. It's just an additional modifier and according to the data everything works as intended. I'll ask the team to check once again of course, but there seems to be no problem with this mission.

I checked again, my usual creds in a fight with my vampire with boost and prem is between 250- 500k  my creds with this "mission" my prem and boosters were almost identical so its definitely not working. it should have resulted in an additional 50% and did not change at all. im gonna track now wwithout boosts because I do not want to waste any more boosts.

international-b-534,

BB3_Oregon_Steel #36 Posted 28 March 2020 - 12:18 AM

• 1675 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostMjr_fUnKadeLiC, on 26 March 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm not german. Please leave nationality out of this "discussion" ( ?) (more like what we do here is grahpitti with punctuation, but okay, lets discuss... and gift me your wisdom)

Please get to the part where when one has "to beg" for it then still a gift? :popcorn:

Have absolutely no idea how anything in my post could be construed to be related to anyone's nationality.  

My wisdom is simple.  Gifts are things people give to you that they are not obligated to give to you.  

You may feel :"entitled" to a gift, you might loudly demand a gift, sink to your knees and beg for a gift but those are actions you chose and create no obligation on anyone else to buy into your personal sense of entitlement.  

What WG owed you, or anyone else, is exactly what their agreements with you state, and I'm pretty sure those agreements do not stipulate that they are obligated to provide you with a free Premium Time equivalent benefit under any circumstances.  Hence, since there is no obligation on their part, real or implied, to provide you with a benefit which you in no way have to pay for, if they do provide you with such a benefit, it is a "Gift".

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 28 March 2020 - 12:19 AM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #37 Posted 28 March 2020 - 01:52 AM

Captain

• 29395 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 27 March 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Have absolutely no idea how anything in my post could be construed to be related to anyone's nationality.  

My wisdom is simple.  Gifts are things people give to you that they are not obligated to give to you.  

You may feel :"entitled" to a gift, you might loudly demand a gift, sink to your knees and beg for a gift but those are actions you chose and create no obligation on anyone else to buy into your personal sense of entitlement.  

What WG owed you, or anyone else, is exactly what their agreements with you state, and I'm pretty sure those agreements do not stipulate that they are obligated to provide you with a free Premium Time equivalent benefit under any circumstances.  Hence, since there is no obligation on their part, real or implied, to provide you with a benefit which you in no way have to pay for, if they do provide you with such a benefit, it is a "Gift".

:medal:

He also doesn't know the diff between 'principles' and 'principals'.  I suspect you are correct.  He has a childish sense of entitlement.  :child:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Bubba_Zanetti #38 Posted 28 March 2020 - 03:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 25 March 2020 - 02:13 PM, said:

Well there is gifts and then there are better gifts.  So we are, in fact, complaining that we didn't receive the gifts we really wanted, just Premium Time equivalent bonuses instead, which is, btw, essentially what they did in Ships and Tanks..  

HOW DARE THEY!!!!  :izmena::kamikaze::angry:

The other "bonuses" you speak of are event related bonuses to entice players to play the game.  In Ships, it's all related to the introduction of the European Destroyers branch.  Once that event is gone, so will the login bonuses, at least until they get ready to release another new line or something similar. 

Point is, those gifts have nothing to do with the coronavirus and exist independently of it or any reaction WG is making related to it.  It's not really germain to this discussion.  

View PostMjr_fUnKadeLiC, on 26 March 2020 - 02:08 PM, said:

I'm not german.Please leave nationality out of this "discussion" ( ?) (more like what we do here is grahpitti with punctuation, but okay, lets discuss... and gift me your wisdom)

Please get to the part where when one has "to beg" for it then still a gift? :popcorn:

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 27 March 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Germain may refer to:

germane

adjective
ger·​mane | \ (ˌ)jər-ˈmān  \

Definition of germane

1being at once relevant and appropriate FITTING
omit details that are not germane to the discussion
2: obsolete closely akin

<--Click on them!
Forum 2.duh status =  (need moar like this oldie)

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco  “It's the game.  And your signature is long enough to choke a horse. I thought mine was too large.”- SkyWolf_WM

Four_Leaf_Tayback #39 Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:36 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

I still see "Clam a gift" when looking at the News and Information thread.  Perhaps it's because the straight i in "claim" and straight beginning to the letter m in the same word are so similar.  

Maybe a kerning issue...

WG Fix This!!! /sarc

(don't warn me, bro!)

Edited by Four_Leaf_Tayback, 28 March 2020 - 05:37 AM.

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Perco_lator #40 Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:43 AM

• 11 battles
Personally I would like to thank Bubba for the grammar lesson & clearing up that the "gift" is in fact bait from WG to get people to play their games while they are stuck at home & maybe break out the credit card while you're at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users