My first friend in the game

first friend game

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 15 March 2020 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• 30858 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

Back in 1.9 when I first started playing, the very first friend I made was swarthgood of OWSS fame.  We were opposite each other, both in Goldfinches.  He saw something he liked and took the time to chat with an absolute noob.  At that time I didn't even know that you had to assign the skill points to your crew.  I was flying around with umpteen unassigned skill points in all my planes.   Anyway he was kind enough to give me some pointers and I've always been grateful,

Now I learn that he is doing poorly and is not expected to make it much farther.  I have the utmost respect for him even though we have had our differences since then.  I never heard him whine even once about unbalanced matches or the other team got all the good bots.  Something the new OWSS Commander would do well to emulate.

I hope you do recover my friend and I will try to refrain from prostate jokes in the future.

:honoring:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 15 March 2020 - 08:57 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #2 Posted 15 March 2020 - 09:26 PM

Major

• 4875 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 15 March 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

Back in 1.9 when I first started playing, the very first friend I made was swarthgood of OWSS fame.  We were opposite each other, both in Goldfinches.  He saw something he liked and took the time to chat with an absolute noob.  At that time I didn't even know that you had to assign the skill points to your crew.  I was flying around with umpteen unassigned skill points in all my planes.   Anyway he was kind enough to give me some pointers and I've always been grateful,

Now I learn that he is doing poorly and is not expected to make it much farther.  I have the utmost respect for him even though we have had our differences since then.  I never heard him whine even once about unbalanced matches or the other team got all the good bots.  Something the new OWSS Commander would do well to emulate.

I hope you do recover my friend and I will try to refrain from prostate jokes in the future.

He is a genuinely good fellow.  :(

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:32 AM

Major

• 1458 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Hope for the best,

Swarth has always been a good guy to me and everyone I know

A real steady keel

Hang in there bro, you'll get through this

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

trikke #4 Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:33 AM

Captain

• 4801 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
class act      he's always been more concerned about the needs of others than his own
Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

WhoaBlackBetty #5 Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2915 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Swarth is one of the best. WItnessed. :honoring:

De-arse your bunks! Man the planes! The Fokkers are in sight! BAM ba LAMMM!

F16SkyPilot #6 Posted 16 March 2020 - 12:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8341 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Captain_Underpants53, I know Admiral appreciates the sentiments

Swathgood, whom likes to be referenced as "Admiral", has a keen ability to touch everyone around him with educated, and positive comments. He brings out the best in others, and advocates to move on from the negative. Admiral has brought together a great group of WoWp, WoWS, and WoT gamers and is always around for support and advice. Although Admiral is not at full steam, his spirit will move on like a freight train. We at OWSS wish him and his family the best. If I may summarize Admiral in one word, ... HONORABLE

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

kontroldkhaos #7 Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 3238 battles
  • [B_C_S] B_C_S

Swarthgood has built the best and most respected clan in the game because he pushes his pilots to fly their best and most importantly, fly with honor and integrity, a true gentlemen. im am very thankful for the time i got to fly with OWSS members not as member myself, but as a guest, i learned so much from them and Swarthgood, I will be praying for Ian and his family during this difficult time. 

Edited by kontroldkhaos, 16 March 2020 - 06:07 PM.

Navy_Blue #8 Posted 16 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4775 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL
o7 Hope he makes out.

qu33kKC #9 Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9886 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I still don't know why Swarthgood invited this enthusiastic newbie to join his outfit, but I am unmistakably a better player for it.  The advice, the encouragement, the enthusiasm, the chance to fly with better pilots, all have made a positive impact on my gameplay.  The Motto, "Fly with Honor" fits my general behavior, but it's also a standard to hold up to, for other players who see me in-game.  Be well, Boss Man, and hope to see you in the pixel skies.

beeveVcleeve #10 Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 5155 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Swarth, i remember him pre 2.0 but we had a good exchange post 2.0 on opposite sides. he has a nose for people and promotes an ethos that above all, holds honor and respect, paramount. i didn't realize how well he was respected and known in the community and has had ideas and knowledge that have gotten me wins on tickets that WG would refuse to budge on. thankful he chose to put such a wonderful group together. I'm a better pilot and hopefully a better person, with a whole family of support. Thanks man. You really did something special in spite of WG's best efforts lol

*especially in these times. we need to remember who we are and we're all connected. More specifically, thank you for bringing some of that to me.

Edited by beeveVcleeve, 26 March 2020 - 01:47 AM.

Also tagged with first, friend, game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users