Is the VKB-Sim Gladiator Joystick supported??

Joystick

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

MugHug #1 Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:44 AM

Airman Basic

• 3 battles

Windows 10 clearly supports and can see the VKB-Sim Gladiator Joystick with no issue.

World of Warplanes somethings identify some of the joystick buttons as belonging to the Gladiator but they do not work in-game. It seems that none of the joystick controls work.

In fact, WoWarplanes seems to have major issues recognizing certain Windows 10 certified joysticks such as the VKB-Sim Gladiator.

Is there a workaround or solution?

GonerNL #2 Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles

There was a post on the EU forum some time ago by someone who also has that stick. But I think his problem was the axis ...

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/52482-vkb-sim-gladiator-mkii/

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

Bluegoose02 #3 Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6290 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I know some people might like a different joystick, but I have had no problems with the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It seems to work best with this game although I will admit it's not the nicest. And it is cheap at around 35.00 US dollars.

Just saying if you can't get yours to work correctly.

Edited by Bluegoose02, 11 March 2020 - 01:42 PM.

Deltavee #4 Posted 13 March 2020 - 01:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3758 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostBluegoose02, on 11 March 2020 - 08:40 AM, said:

I know some people might like a different joystick, but I have had no problems with the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. It seems to work best with this game although I will admit it's not the nicest. And it is cheap at around 35.00 US dollars.

Just saying if you can't get yours to work correctly.

I'll second that, goose.  I'm about to get my second.  I know there are some players who just use them and up and replace them.  They're actually pretty good for the price so the "disposable" approach ain't that bad for $45 Cdn plus tax at Best Buy online.

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 13 March 2020 - 02:37 AM

Major

• 31721 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

View PostDeltavee, on 12 March 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

I'll second that, goose.  I'm about to get my second.  I know there are some players who just use them and up and replace them.  They're actually pretty good for the price so the "disposable" approach ain't that bad for $45 Cdn plus tax at Best Buy online.

They are only $35 at Amazon.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

SkyWolf__WM #6 Posted 14 March 2020 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13223 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostDeltavee, on 12 March 2020 - 08:16 PM, said:

I used to buy two, with warranties. Always had an extra. Now I am trying out a TM 1600 M. Too touchy and not worth the extra money. Plus, for some reason, after my last Winblows 10 update, I have to re-calibrate the (insert name of a favored deity here) danged thing in Winblows every 5 flights.  :izmena:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

SkyWolf__WM #7 Posted 14 March 2020 - 04:05 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13223 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 12 March 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

They are only $35 at Amazon.

USUALLY cheaper at NewEgg.

Perrigrino #8 Posted 29 March 2020 - 04:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7359 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Thanks for that, I actually learned some things outta this. Have been wanting to get back to learning the stick. Makes it a totally different experience. Frustrating but fun, like a lot of things in life.

The least of which is what plane to fly. Good luck out there.

Ziptop69 #9 Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:01 AM

Senior Airman

• 1679 battles
  • [KRTS] KRTS

I might be able to help a little here. 

I don't run VKB kit but I am running Virpil stick, rudder pedals and throttle.

The stick worked straight out the box, implementing the rudder pedals and throttle to "play nice" with World of Warplanes took a little configuration in Virpils software because indeed the game did not recognise various axes correctly. 

I don't know the VKB software at all, but it may allow you to change axis ID's etc. (always make a "default" backup if this involves a firmware flash of the hardware as Virpil does)

Alternative methods include using either Joystick Gremlin or Universal Control Remapper alongside vJoy. Very powerful tools that allow you to reconfigure most of your functions. 

For testing this vJoy monitor and DIView are also very useful. 

SkyWolf__WM #10 Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13223 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 14 March 2020 - 11:04 AM, said:

I used to buy two, with warranties. Always had an extra. Now I am trying out a TM 1600 M. Too touchy and not worth the extra money. Plus, for some reason, after my last Winblows 10 update, I have to re-calibrate the (insert name of a favored deity here) danged thing in Winblows every 5 flights.  :izmena:

The TM 1600 M turned out to be a nightmare. Bought in late December , failed in early March. Thrustmaster Customer Service Hoovered a large wing wang, then stalled until manufacturer's warranty was "void". Luckily I had purchased a Squaretrade warranty and they paid me the money cause they won't even warranty the stupid things anymore. 

Also tagged with Joystick

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users