ADA behavioral tips

Bots

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

InfiniZ3ro #1 Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4562 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Just thinking about some of the ADA (Air Defense Aircraft) behavior things that I have noticed and wanted to know if there are any things that you have noticed and would like to share.

I have noticed that the Heavy ADA will not hesitate to fly head on and ram any plane except other heavies (they may not ram GAA or bombers but I really wouldn't know cause I don't fly them much).  I would assume that Unless they are the only blue plane in the cap, that GAA would be relatively safe from the heavies due to altitude differences.  I would like to point out that when flying a heavy myself, they will go head on with you for a short time and pull up and to the left.  This seems like it happens often enough to call it a general rule.   Once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence and 3 times is a trend type of thing.....Knowing this will definitely help your guns stay on target for a bit longer and help speed up the caps because as we all know, capping is the ultimate goal, and if you don't try it, you will be a detriment to your team.

So what tendencies have you noticed with ADA or bots that will help us humans hand Skynet their rear ends back to them in a bucket?

losttwo #2 Posted 02 February 2020 - 01:54 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6225 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
ADA Heavies will go head on with a bomber then pull out to the 11 oclock. You can time it correctly to ram them if you pull up and to your 11 oclock

Eugenio_Regis #3 Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 10291 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

When you are in the inner limit, leave the sector attracting the ADA, once outside return quickly to be at his six. Practice it and do it as many times as it is useful to you.

:izmena:

qu33kKC #4 Posted 02 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7999 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
ADA lights tend to roll out to your lower right as they get into gun range. 

rooed #5 Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7478 battles
  • [ADMIN] ADMIN

ADA....bots are a pain in the rear. How about do away with the neutrals and let us rush the bases from both sides. Add a dozen or so ACK and ground targets on the approaches for the GA and bombers, and how about WOW Warships lending us a few PT boats to chase around...u know ships and tanks that move. Then being able to crew up bombers and GA turrets, and put real people in 10 slots each?.... Oh yeah parachutes, c-47' troops, and hangers to barnstorm!

Gosh … this sounds familiar. 

GonerNL #6 Posted 03 February 2020 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1374 battles
When you enter a sector alone to attack the heavies, they will do a sort of pincer movement which can be quite tricky as you concentrate on one and lose the other one for a short time ... enough for him to shoot you up properly.
Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

LMG #7 Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

ADAs seem to have some sort of "priority" list on what to attack. The Heavy ADAs seem to be the most extreme in that regard; if a Bomber enters the sector first, they'll focus it down until it leaves or dies, regardless of any other plane that shows up later. One strategy I often do is let a bot Bomber go in first, then I just swat the Heavy ADAs chasing it since they'll never turn on me.

As far as GAAs go, they seem to be very low priority for Heavy ADAs, but if there's nothing else to shoot they *will* hunt you down, and they pack a mean punch :ohmy:

As a side note, ADAs have some crazy climb rates, so don't even bother trying to stall them unless you're on an Me 209 v4 or similar :amazed:

This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:31 PM

Captain

• 27327 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostLMG, on 03 February 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

ADAs seem to have some sort of "priority" list on what to attack. The Heavy ADAs seem to be the most extreme in that regard; if a Bomber enters the sector first, they'll focus it down until it leaves or dies, regardless of any other plane that shows up later. One strategy I often do is let a bot Bomber go in first, then I just swat the Heavy ADAs chasing it since they'll never turn on me.

As far as GAAs go, they seem to be very low priority for Heavy ADAs, but if there's nothing else to shoot they *will* hunt you down, and they pack a mean punch :ohmy:

As a side note, ADAs have some crazy climb rates, so don't even bother trying to stall them unless you're on an Me 209 v4 or similar :amazed:

It's not just the climb rates that are crazy.  I can give them crit after crit and, most of the time, they just shrug it off.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Four_Leaf_Tayback #9 Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:12 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostGonerNL, on 03 February 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

When you enter a sector alone to attack the heavies, they will do a sort of pincer movement which can be quite tricky as you concentrate on one and lose the other one for a short time ... enough for him to shoot you up properly.

This is true and I always try to line them up like in a bar fight so you only have to take one at a time.  My strategy, not sure if it's the best, is to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge and get them to fly past you.  Then turn and take the first one and keep your eye on the second one.  Usually they will take separate paths and since they turn slowly, they cannot both get on you at the same time.  

Same works for the light ADA, but there are more to deal with and they turn faster.  In those cases, you have to sometimes face a head-on, but as mentioned earlier, the light ADA avoid head ons.  The more difficult thing with the light ADA is preventing one from getting on your tail.  But keep your speed up and you should be OK.  

Now, if only I start following my own and others advice, I should do better...

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

vcharng #10 Posted 10 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 4104 battles

View PostLMG, on 03 February 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

When heavy ADAs are after you just hug the ground. Their ground evasion code will soon kick in and give up...

Or better yet, they'll buy the farm.

For other planes if there's a pesky guy behind you just get out of the circle, they (usually, but with exceptions) will give up, turn away and soon become your autocannon food.

LMG #11 Posted 12 February 2020 - 01:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postvcharng, on 10 February 2020 - 07:38 AM, said:

When heavy ADAs are after you just hug the ground. Their ground evasion code will soon kick in and give up...

Or better yet, they'll buy the farm.

For other planes if there's a pesky guy behind you just get out of the circle, they (usually, but with exceptions) will give up, turn away and soon become your autocannon food.

Heavy ADAs actually have decent range on their guns for the most part, so even if they do have a code that forces them to pull up after X altitude (which I'm not 100% sure about it, I've seen ADAs fail to land in a variety of ways) they'll light you up good before setting up another pass. What I've found that can work is either flying slow so they overshoot (not exactly hard on a GAA) or just not flying away from them to let them chase you and mow you down. They don't seem to like slowing down much, and they certainly don't like making abrupt turns to adjust their aim.

That said, both Heavy ADAs do seem to like and chase after the same plane, so keeping track of them at all times to constantly dodge is not exactly easy or efficient. An alternative would be to regularly change directions while ground pounding, rather than just going straight from one end of the sector to the other. Keep in mind this is for GAAs, Bombers have to deal with these bullies with other methods :ohmy:

Perrigrino #12 Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6731 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

for what it's worth, and by no means is this scientific, or based on double blind random sampling:

when approaching sector, at beginning or enemy cap with only ADA, don't rush in, let your bots draw the enemy ADA to them, and once the ADA are enticed by others, attack. If and when going solo (not recommended) into sector, again I skirt the edges of the circle to draw out ADA, the whole fleet, and usually try to attack using Top- Down method, while dodging first attacker and trying to eliminate 2nd. If it's taking more than 3 sec, I turn around as second attacker is now coming in for kill and need to dodge and shoot.

This works best for Command Center which has low flying light fighters. Garrisons- Top/Down method. Rocket Base- dodge 1st, take 2nd. Airfield- Top/down/2nd.

$0.002

btw: Not to take anything from Infiniz, but doesn't this thread more appropriately belong in the "tactics" subfolder of "Newcomers" directory? 

Edited by Perrigrino, 19 February 2020 - 06:50 PM.

trikke #13 Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:10 PM

Captain

• 4109 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View PostPerrigrino, on 19 February 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

btw: Not to take anything from Infiniz, but doesn't this thread more appropriately belong in the "tactics" subfolder of "Newcomers" directory? 

Great idea.    This would be so helpful to new pilots!

S, do you mind if we request that BF move this thread to Newcomers?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

SkyWolf__WM #14 Posted 19 February 2020 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11146 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostPerrigrino, on 19 February 2020 - 01:44 PM, said:

It's useful to old comers too, however.   :unsure:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

InfiniZ3ro #15 Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4562 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I have no qualms about moving this thread to wherever.  

Perrigrino #16 Posted 24 February 2020 - 09:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6731 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostInfiniZ3ro, on 19 February 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

I have no qualms about moving this thread to wherever.  

my postscript was not intended for you but to those who, without any reasonable explanation, biotch slap us for our ignorance 

NovaTempest #17 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6977 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I will just make a little stab in here on ADAs in that I honestly feel like in some cases that the tier 10 Heavy ADAs seem to pack an abnormally large punch against planes compared to any other variant.

In fact:

Ao 192 ADA - Doesn't often deal very large amount of damage, a bit sluggish.

Beaufighter ADA - Can be punishing if you fly straight (High sustained DPS), high crit chance.

P-38 ADA - Lower crit chance than Beaufighter ADA, but good burst damage.

J4M ADA - Better crit than P-38 ADA, Mix of good burst and sustained DPS.

Me 410 ADA - Sometimes wonky accuracy, decent crit chance, better burst DPS than sustained DPS.

Hornet ADA - Cancerous if you fly straight, strong crit chance, damage output can feel like a enemy bot vs tier 9s and even some 10s.

These are just my observations.

losttwo #18 Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:38 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 6225 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I found the best way to defeat the ADA is to attack them by flying upside down.

It confuses them and they will avoid shooting you.

LMG #19 Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 2436 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 27 February 2020 - 04:38 PM, said:

I found the best way to defeat the ADA is to attack them by flying upside down.

It confuses them and they will avoid shooting you.

For the most part, ADAs try not to ram planes of equal or greater weight (with varying degrees of success, as most of us have experienced). Light ADAs also seem to do "panic rolls" when being shot during a head-on duel, especially by planes with big guns. You can usually just "shoo" them away by firing in their general direction, which is quite useful on GAAs :bajan:

Do keep in mind that the "shoo" only seems to work on Light ADAs. Heavy ADAs don't think twice about lighting you up like the WoWP servers on a semi-busy night :ohmy:

Edited by LMG, 27 February 2020 - 09:58 PM.

Also tagged with Bots

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users