Looking for some good people, not good stats

looking good people stats

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #1 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:42 AM

Captain

• 26633 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

We are a fairly new clan at about 6 months or so.  With only a little over 60 members we have around 30 fliers a day.  This means we are quite active and it is rare to not find a buddy playing.

We don't care about your stats.  We are not into elite, exclusionary rules.  Just people who are tolerant of others and not prone to drama.

We teach!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Jenko1957 #2 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7827 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I wish you well with that Captain, we can use all the active clans we can get.

gerr22 #3 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5063 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
all the best recruiting Capt see you up there

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #4 Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:41 PM

Captain

• 1414 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Good luck Capt

good clan

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FLAP_ALOT #5 Posted 16 January 2020 - 05:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• 685 battles

Just joined this clan,and I can honestly say I have received nothing but friendship and help with my flying.

This clan is a very active,with an assortment of players with various skills and experience.

Always someone willing to fly with you, and give advise(I need plenty)

Clans can be very lonely places,however this one I feel very much at home.

ps no money was exchanged in replying to this post

pps ESS is also a very good clan

cheers FLAP

BB3_Oregon_Steel #6 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:43 PM

• 1645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Just echoing a lot of this.  

I've kind of expanded on this in other threads but the A_S_S clan is just a bunch of normalish (well, they let me in, how normal can they possibly be??) girls and guys who like the game, like talking about the game with a good mix of experienced people to help out noobs like me and each other get betterer at the game. 

In a game where clan membership doesn't bring a lot of material value like access to special clan only events or special discounts or other solid benefits, having good people who support each other and like each other really is the main value a clan can bring to the table.  That's something A_S_S has so yes, let us welcome you and besides, it's Cheeseburgers for ALL!!!!  

See, here's yours ... 

Yum.  :great:

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #7 Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

Captain

• 26633 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

I can haz Cheeseburgers?!?!  You been holding out on me!

:kamikaze:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

White_Widow18 #8 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
You promised me cookies if I joined you Cap and you NEVER GAVE THEM TO ME. Why should we share the burgers?

Edited by White_Widow18, 16 January 2020 - 11:03 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:59 PM

Captain

• 26633 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Did I?  Well, as P.T. Barnum said, 'There's a sucker born every second.'  By sucker I am sure he meant likely recruit.   :P
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

White_Widow18 #10 Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 16 January 2020 - 05:59 PM, said:

Did I?  Well, as P.T. Barnum said, 'There's a sucker born every second.'  By sucker I am sure he meant likely recruit.   :P

I'll get those cookies someday. One way or another!

Greg_Pattinson #11 Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 20603 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostJenko1957, on 16 January 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

I wish you well with that Captain, we can use all the active clans we can get.

+1

good luck with this campaign I wish you all the best.

Jaguardian #12 Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:50 PM

• 362 battles
This is nothing more than an honest question so please don't take it any other way than that.  I don't see any use for clans in this game and I am curious why you or any other clan would actually want to build up your membership, let alone even try to start a new clan?  Clan stats have been broken for a while and don't seem to be getting fixed anytime soon.  The social aspect is Ok, I guess, but doesn't get you anything as far as the game goes.  So why do you want more players in your clan if you already have 30 active fliers a day?

White_Widow18 #13 Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostJaguardian, on 17 January 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

This is nothing more than an honest question so please don't take it any other way than that.  I don't see any use for clans in this game and I am curious why you or any other clan would actually want to build up your membership, let alone even try to start a new clan?  Clan stats have been broken for a while and don't seem to be getting fixed anytime soon.  The social aspect is Ok, I guess, but doesn't get you anything as far as the game goes.  So why do you want more players in your clan if you already have 30 active fliers a day?

More players means more flighted players, more flighted players means a greater individual success rate and enjoyment of the game. Sharing tips/tricks among each other and knowledge of other flyers in the game also gives an edge. Combine that with basic camaraderie we have going and it's a good time. There are other benefits, but those are the primary ones.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #14 Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:18 PM

• 1645 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostJaguardian, on 17 January 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

Well, there are a couple of reasons. 

1)  Social interaction.  It's great to show up and see the chat box filled with people talking to each other.  One of the things I like to do is scroll up to the top and just read what people are talking about, what they are experiencing and if I see something I like, inserting my Biplane Girl opinion into the mix.   It's kind of fun and it's nice to know that people want your social interaction with them. 

2) Learning:  I learn a lot.  Sometimes it's just me reading through a question someone else has asked and learning about that issue.  For example there was an interesting conversation on the Ta-152 last evening.  I don't have the plane, probably won't for a while, but I read all the opinions about it, what it did well, what it did not do well, how you might set it up to be most effective etc ... .  I then sprinkled a grain of salt over it all and stored it away for a future date when that information will become valuable.  

I also like asking questions about how to do various things and being able to get answers from a lot of people with different experiences.  The more members you have, the broader the base of knowledge you can tap. 

3) Flighting:  It's fun to have people to flight with and me, being a low to mid-tier flyer, it's good to add less experienced players to the mix that might actually be flying in the same tiers as I am and that's kind of fun for me.  

I mean, I've done the Lone Ranger thing and it's fun just to fly in silence by yourself, but being in a clan adds richness to that experience that doesn't exist all on my own.  If I had to, I'd still play the game by myself, but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun and the more of us there are, the funner it seems to become. 

4) Future:  Who knows, if we get enough people into enough active clans, maybe WG will take the next step with this game and begin working on stuffs for clans. One can always hope.  

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #15 Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• 26633 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Against all odds, against all evidence, we maintain hope for a brighter future for the clans.  One day WoWP will see the value of them and act accordingly.      :great:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Also tagged with looking, good, people, stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users