rear gunner ineffectual on 3 planes

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Viking_Scorp #1 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:10 AM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

I have three planes with rear gunners and none of them register a hit when I use T, and was told they do little to no damage otherwise. I spent a lot of time on these planes yet they are broken. I have a wirraway (5th lvl gunner). I have a ki-45 with a 7th lvl gunner, and my new plane the IL-2(t) which I used in a flight with a friend and he let me shoot him and no damage was recorded, I got no penalty for friendly fire, nothing

Edited by Viking_Scorp, 08 January 2020 - 01:32 PM.

GonerNL #2 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1720 battles
Which planes ?
Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

J311yfish #3 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4158 battles
  • [343] 343
burden of proof

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

SkyWolf__WM #4 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13223 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostGonerNL, on 08 January 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

Which planes ?

Yeah. No tail gunners are worth a shite until you train and equip them. :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Viking_Scorp #5 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:29 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

I have a 6th lvl gunner in my ki-45 with armorer, Defensive fire and vigilance, still nothing

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

Major

• 1458 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostViking_Scorp, on 08 January 2020 - 04:10 AM, said:

I have three planes with rear gunners and none of them register a hit when I use T, and was told they do little to no damage otherwise. I spent a lot of time on these planes yet they are broken. I have a wirraway (5th lvl gunner). I have a ki-45 with a 7th lvl gunner, and my new plane the IL-2(t) which I used in a flight with a friend and he let me shoot him and no damage was recorded, I got no penalty for friendly fire, nothing

I think,

friendly fire doesn't register like enemy fire...

test it in the training room with a friend and get back with us

I think you'll find different results

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 08 January 2020 - 05:36 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Viking_Scorp #7 Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

Maybe I should just quit playing if they are not going to address this issue

Viking_Scorp #8 Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

I just fought a battle where I had 21 points and didn't use anything but the rear gun just to see

Captain_Rownd #9 Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3714 battles

View PostViking_Scorp, on 07 January 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

Rear gunners in those planes are less effective than annoying mosquitoes.  At best they might be able to get an already-wounded ADA plane to turn away.  You need to get to higher Tier planes to really expect rear gunners to do much.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Viking_Scorp #10 Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

oh and that was auto fire,  when I pushed T not even a hit

legoboy0401 #11 Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1984 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostViking_Scorp, on 08 January 2020 - 01:10 AM, said:

I call those types of rear gunners finishers, because they CAN easily get kills, in the same way any rear gunner can if an enemy plane with 1 HP comes blundering by into their firing arcs. But other than that, they're pretty darn terrible and won't usually otherwise save you from a pursuant in their firing arcs, because their DPS is so low that they might as well be firing bubbles at enemies. That's all.

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

SkyWolf__WM #12 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13223 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostViking_Scorp, on 08 January 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

Maybe I should just quit playing if they are not going to address this issue

Well, since it isn't really an issue, they may very well fail to address it.  Bye.   :teethhappy:

White_Widow18 #13 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12692 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
I tested all three of the planes you're claiming their gunner does nothing. Works fine for me.

Might suggest that you clear your cache, run the repair tool, and then contact CS via filing a ticket if it continues.

Editing to add: No auto-hit against friendly targets, they're far harder to nail because of that and there's also the fact you only get a penalty for friendly fire if you kill them.

Edited by White_Widow18, 08 January 2020 - 09:26 PM.

Viking_Scorp #14 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:30 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR
Oh and another thing, I got absolutely nothing but 7 days premium account in all the holiday crates. Others have gotten planes, which I have yet to receive. I have nearly 300 hours playing time in less than 2 months of playing. shouldn't that be worth something? At least planes that work, I even paid real money for one of them and got Screwed. Does any of this sound right to you?

J311yfish #15 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4158 battles
  • [343] 343
The rear gun on the Ki-45 is not very effective overall, but it is still more effective than the ammo you are using on this forum.  If you have a concern then there is a way to go about it -- you could post a video, for example.  Free life lesson.

Main tech tree projects:   JAPAN    UNITED KINGDOM  •  UNITED STATES    GERMANY  •  USSR  // aircraft to China

Europe tech tree projects:  ITALY    FRANCE    SWEDEN    Finland (skins•  Poland  •  International  //  Retired projects:  China    Brazil

Historical scenarios:  Spanish Civil War (skins•  Invasion of Poland  •  Winter War  •  Continuation War

Map proposals:   Panama Canal    Great Wall of China    Cliffs of Dover   //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial:  How to ignore forum posts and signatures

J311yfish #16 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4158 battles
  • [343] 343

View PostViking_Scorp, on 08 January 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

Oh and another thing, I got absolutely nothing but 7 days premium account in all the holiday crates. Others have gotten planes, which I have yet to receive. I have nearly 300 hours playing time in less than 2 months of playing. shouldn't that be worth something? At least planes that work, I even paid real money for one of them and got Screwed. Does any of this sound right to you?

Game is free to play and owes you nothing!  That sounds right.

White_Widow18 #17 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12692 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostViking_Scorp, on 08 January 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

I find it extremely hard to believe you "only got 7 days of premium time" given that it would be a mathematical impossibility due to the way the holiday crates give out rewards... and again.. planes you're claiming don't work. Tested them over the course of the morning and they're all functioning. 

So we're going to go back to my original suggestions: Clear your cache, run the repair tool, if it persists as an issue? File a ticket.

Coming here to the forums and throwing a giant fit isn't the way to go about any of this. CS Has been clear time and again that you need to file a ticket if you have an issue. Not come onto the forums and scream into the ether. The best you're going to get here is some known workarounds for known issues or a bit faster CS response if you've already filed the ticket and Blindfold notices your post. This is a bug I am uncertain any of us have ever encountered.. and honestly is hard to credit as something actually happening. Make a video from a replay or something, show us. Otherwise it just comes across as rage-trolling because you got shot down because the gunners on those planes are not built to just go toe-to-toe with a plane and shouldn't be either. All three are -meant- to have better forward guns than turrets. (To be clear, turrets on most lower tier planes need a mild buff.. but they -do- work).

Viking_Scorp #18 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

Well Mine do not work and this is a brand new computer. Also how do you clear the cache? and where is the repair tool. On another note, others that own the Ki 45 and the IL-2(t) have said their guns work fine. I am telling you they don't. I even have a lvl 6 gunner in my ki with Vigilance, Defensive fire, and armorer, all useless. And where else do you bring up your concerns than on a forum designed for that very thing? If you do not believe me then play one against me and fly into my back arc.

Where is the place you test these?

Viking_Scorp #19 Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 9903 battles
  • [FTR] FTR

and how do you make a video of a battle?

SkyWolf__WM #20 Posted 08 January 2020 - 10:17 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 13223 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostViking_Scorp, on 08 January 2020 - 05:05 PM, said:

and how do you make a video of a battle?

Hit escape, go into your settings and look around at the options. The option to record is there. Along with other things that you should have looked at. And you can test things IN THE GAME. Gunners work as they are supposed to work. Stop complaining and figure it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users