Winter Trials

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Captain_Underpants53 #41 Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:44 PM

Captain

• 25521 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 15 January 2020 - 02:04 PM, said:

Ok, just a few words and this event winds down. 

1) As I've said elsewhere, this event really lacked the Christmas feeling that I really treasured from last year's event.  That did cost you a bit of money since I never really got into the "shopping" spirit. 

2) Not being able to gift the Christmas crates was a horribly bad idea and this one really did cost you money.  I didn't by a single one where I purchased quite a few Santa Bags last year.  Bad decision, lost revenue on your part but more money still in my bank so there is that.  :great:

3) The flying events.  This wasn't nearly as fun as chasing down Candy Canes and Ice Sculptures last year, but the rewards were attainable enough and enticing enough to get me into my plane far more frequently and for longer than I would normally.,  I was particularly pleased to chase after tokes in Token Rush events since I can never get those in my regular flying (or I should say very rarely) and chasing after the supply drops (Treasure Chest!!!  Yay TREASURE!!! :izmena:)  was kind of fun as well.  

4) I did take advantage of the winter sale on premium aircraft and purchased a couple of T5 and lower planes to fill out my collection a bit.  

So, mixed bag guys, some things were nice and appreciated, others were total faceplants and cost you money.  It was nice to see some effort and thought put into this, but really, next time around, you seriously need to up certain aspects of your game. 

:medal:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

BB3_Oregon_Steel #42 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1478 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostSkyWolf__WM, on 15 January 2020 - 11:42 AM, said:

Well, if so, they sure didn't make any of it from me.  There was nothing about the sale of the crates, especially the "no gifting" part which intrinsically would have increased their revenue from the event.   Essentially you had people buying for themselves which they would have done regardless, what WG did was create a system which excluded an entire class of potential buyers, those who wanted to gift during the Christmas season. 

As such, however successful the sale might have been according to your sources, it was far less successful than it easily could have been and that is simply a stupid thing for WG to do.  

I mean, is there any fact pattern out there, which does not include alien mind control, which might explain why keeping people from gifting crates during the Christmas season would actually entice people to buy more?  I can't think of one.  

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #43 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:48 PM

Captain

• 25521 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

It was that dang Grinch again!

:(

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users