Please bring back the BOMB SIGHT (for ALL planes that have bombs)... Primary reason I don't pla...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #1 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 60 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

(other than the quick death)

I simply CAN'T STAND the generic bomb sight you give us.  It's absolutely UNPLAYABLE for me.

I want the original bombing sight the game had by hitting a Key, and you could properly view the ground.

Thanks!

(P.S. for those who don't know, sometime after the release of the game they removed it from other plane types who had bombs from being able to use the Bomber Sight (aka LSHIFT) ).

Edited by leeuniverse, 10 December 2019 - 10:58 PM.

White_Widow18 #2 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postleeuniverse, on 10 December 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

(other than the quick death)

I simply CAN'T STAND the generic bomb sight you give us.  It's absolutely UNPLAYABLE for me.

I want the original bombing sight the game had by hitting a Key, and you could properly view the ground.

Thanks!

Umm.. that still exists. Has always been a bomber-only thing to my understanding. Other planes don't get full bombsights. I use bomb sight and zoom in and out in mine all the time every day.

Or is there something from 1.xx someone can show me a screenshot of where it was magically different?

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 10 December 2019 - 10:34 PM.

leeuniverse #3 Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:52 PM

Senior Airman

• 60 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 10 December 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Umm.. that still exists. Has always been a bomber-only thing to my understanding. Other planes don't get full bombsights. I use bomb sight and zoom in and out in mine all the time every day.

Or is there something from 1.xx someone can show me a screenshot of where it was magically different?

Ah, so Bombers still have it?  I don't have a Bomber.

I have a Heavy Fighter which has Bombs, and yes, it used to be able to use the LShift Bomb Sight, but hasn't for a long time now.

I don't know why they removed it so other planes couldn't use it that had bombs, a massively stupid decision in my view.

Edited by leeuniverse, 10 December 2019 - 10:54 PM.

leeuniverse #4 Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:28 AM

Senior Airman

• 60 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

So, I just got myself a Bomber.... and YUCK...

First, why doesn't the gun Zoom work the same as other Aircraft?  Stupid to "limit" the zoom distance.

Second, the Bomb Sight is slightly different than the original bomb sight that I had on the Heavy Fighter and I'm assuming was the same on Bombers, and I don't like it.

Why can't Wargaming do things right?  :(

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:14 AM

Captain

• 26528 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
You can zoom in the bomb sight.  Helps at high alt.  Also you can zoom the turret sight but I don't know if that helps or not.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

GonerNL #6 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1261 battles

Maybe I don't understand the problem, but all planes carrying bombs like multi-roles and heavies, show a circle on the terrain that changes color when you are on target (white to yellow/orange) in a shallow dive.

Dive-bombers (like Pe-2) even have the normal bombing-sight and the aiming circle, but the dive has to be quite steep to show the aiming circle on the ground.

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

leeuniverse #7 Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:07 AM

Senior Airman

• 60 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostGonerNL, on 11 December 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

Maybe I don't understand the problem, but all planes carrying bombs like multi-roles and heavies, show a circle on the terrain that changes color when you are on target (white to yellow/orange) in a shallow dive.

Dive-bombers (like Pe-2) even have the normal bombing-sight and the aiming circle, but the dive has to be quite steep to show the aiming circle on the ground.

That's just the problem, it's a complicated **** show to use the generic bombing sight on other planes.

I want the normal bomber sight since after all the plane has bombs, so we should have a bombing sight.

And now I have a another problem I HATE, I want the normal gun zoom for the front guns on bombers, not a "half" distance one.

Ugh...!  :(

SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 11 December 2019 - 01:37 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10827 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postleeuniverse, on 10 December 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

Why can't Wargaming do things right?  :(

Just because you don't like something doesn't automatically make it Wrong. Probably IS, but still.  :hiding:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

GonerNL #9 Posted 11 December 2019 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1261 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on 11 December 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

I want the normal bomber sight since after all the plane has bombs, so we should have a bombing sight.

You really want a Norden-like bombing sight for multiroles, heavies and GA ?! :amazed:

So you're zooming at 20 meters above terrain, between radar masts, trees, buildings and you want to look thru a bombing sight to see your target ?!

Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

leeuniverse #10 Posted 11 December 2019 - 03:13 PM

Senior Airman

• 60 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View PostGonerNL, on 11 December 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

You really want a Norden-like bombing sight for multiroles, heavies and GA ?! :amazed:

So you're zooming at 20 meters above terrain, between radar masts, trees, buildings and you want to look thru a bombing sight to see your target ?!

Why would I be flying "low" in a slow plane such as a Heavy Fighter to be food for all the fast planes?

My plane has bombs, so I want to have a bomber sight.  This bull**** of trying to angle my plane just right diving or flying flat to try and see the **** bombing sight (which I can't half the time when I need to) is driving me bat****.

White_Widow18 #11 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View Postleeuniverse, on 11 December 2019 - 09:13 AM, said:

Why would I be flying "low" in a slow plane such as a Heavy Fighter

Say WHAT now? You think Heavy Fighters are slow?!??! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...., AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.. I can't breathe.. AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH....

*pants from lack of oxygen*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good troll.

Guys, this person has 331 total games from pre-release, through 1.xx, and here til 2.xx. I'm going to "go out on a limb" here and say this is a troll account.

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 11 December 2019 - 09:41 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:42 PM

Captain

• 26528 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 11 December 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Say WHAT now? You think Heavy Fighters are slow?!??! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...., AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.. I can't breathe.. AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH....

*pants from lack of oxygen*

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good troll.

Guys, this person has 331 total games from pre-release, through 1.xx, and here til 2.xx. I'm going to "go out on a limb" here and say this is a troll account.

:medal:

Or somebody without a clue.     :child:

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

LeastWeasel #13 Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:43 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3351 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Postleeuniverse, on 11 December 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

Why would I be flying "low" in a slow plane such as a Heavy Fighter to be food for all the fast planes?

My plane has bombs, so I want to have a bomber sight.  This bull**** of trying to angle my plane just right diving or flying flat to try and see the **** bombing sight (which I can't half the time when I need to) is driving me bat****.

Don’t fly low to bomb with your heavies, then! And definitely do not fly slow :)  Did you know that with many heavies, if you find the right angle & boost/dive speed, you get better bomb accuracy (aiming circle) aaaaand the ability to drop on a target well ahead of your position?

So it’s worth your while to find that bomb angle. +accuracy,+energy, -time spent locked into a “bombing run” with minimal situational awareness. It’s not a bad thing. Do the very thing you are complaining about, it’s a good thing.

Edited by LeastWeasel, 11 December 2019 - 09:48 PM.

White_Widow18 #14 Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostLeastWeasel, on 11 December 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Don’t fly low to bomb with your heavies, then! And definitely do not fly slow :)  Did you know that with many heavies, if you find the right angle & boost/dive speed, you get better bomb accuracy (aiming circle) aaaaand the ability to drop on a target well ahead of your position?

So it’s worth your while to find that bomb angle. +accuracy,+energy, -time spent locked into a “bombing run” with minimal situational awareness. It’s not a bad thing. Do the very thing you are complaining about, it’s a good thing.

:medal::medal::medal:

and I bomb bomb bomb, and I bomb bomb bomb. I don't care what its in and I'll bomb you without -any- sights (it took me a long time to figure out flight chan was what was bugging all my reticules/etc. so I got quite good at blowing things up with no sights at all). 

However though, what he's requesting just.. Weren't on these planes. Period. Because it would have required extra room and extra crew.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombsight#The_bombsight_problem

trikke #15 Posted 11 December 2019 - 10:31 PM

Captain

• 3891 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

I personally never thought to ask for actual bombsights for planes that never had them IRL

it's the holidays...  maybe he'll get them and everyone will be so happy!

it's all down to you, Lee.     have you been good all year?

Spittoon says #smarterpilotswinmore

Perco_lator #16 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

Yes he must be a troll for wanting improvements to  the game.

Just an FYI for the ignorant people bashing the OP. He is asking for something simple that was already in the game.

It's just the same simple target you have now but with an optional camera angle (under the plane) that you could toggle on/off with a key.

SkyWolf__WM #17 Posted 12 December 2019 - 01:52 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10827 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostPerco_lator, on 11 December 2019 - 08:30 PM, said:

Yes he must be a troll for wanting improvements to  the game.

Just an FYI for the ignorant people bashing the OP. He is asking for something simple that was already in the game.

It's just the same simple target you have now but with an optional camera angle (under the plane) that you could toggle on/off with a key.

He is wasting time trolling about stuff that IS NOT in the game.

At least he does have a MUCH higher battle count than do you and therefore has the same amount of credibility as do you. 

The type of credibility that I scrape off the bottom of my shoe.  :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

White_Widow18 #18 Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPerco_lator, on 11 December 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Yes he is probably wasting his time asking for any improvement to the game at all but that is his right.

You on the other hand are wasting fresh air that could probably be put to better use.

Except.. it's not an improvement to the game. LOL. It's adding something that doesn't at all mesh with the reality of the game and, in fact, is completely unnecessary and generally not wanted. He also came in here 'brrrrrr.. this is why I don't play'.. except he never really played. So instead it's some rando non-playing troll walking in making demands.

Seriously, you should have been banned long ago, now THAT would be an improvement to the game.

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 12 December 2019 - 02:22 AM.

Perco_lator #19 Posted 12 December 2019 - 02:25 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 11 December 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

Except.. it's not an improvement to the game. LOL.

How would know? You didn't even know wth he was even asking.

Last I knew you don't work for WG & have no say in what improvements won't be added to the game.

White_Widow18 #20 Posted 12 December 2019 - 06:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 12665 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Ace. Dont try to claim a false moral high ground. I've seen you intimate and directly say as bad or worse.

That said... This all went sideways. This is why people like perky should be banned, you cant expect people to non stop deal with baiting from a bad actor in a social setting. You just can't. There's a major difference between someone who's antagonistic or difficult and someone who literally only comes on here to cause havoc and try to fracture the community. As far as I am concerned, you and Perky both fall into that latter category.. though I've seen you sometimes rise above that.

I just wish the trolling would stop, because what's the point? This is a game, one that we should all be enjoying and if we don't.. we should be mature enough to find something else to do with our time instead of trying to make everyone else miserable about it. 

That's my position on this. I'm tired of people getting a free pass to -solely- come on here and cause issues and try to fracture the community. I'm tired of logging in to see comment after comment from non-players who just want to cause strife. It's not sensible for WarGaming to continue allowing. Arguing between people who actually partake of the game is one thing.. but letting bad actors who don't continue to wreck things is silly and its even more silly when someone tries to stick up for those folks.

Now, I've said this before and I'll say this again. I don't consider the OP's suggestion to be in any way an improvement... in fact, as far as I can tell its a troll. The sights I think he was trying to talk about were removed -many- years ago. Far before 2.xx was even an inkling: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.eu/index.php?/topic/34014-look-down-bomb-sight-view-removed/

Look at the date. This is something that was never a big feature of the game and was removed because it was an imbalancing factor. Add to that the fact that these sights would never have been on the planes in question? It's not an "improvement" to request it by any stretch of the imagination. It's a troll by someone who hasn't actively played the game in literal years who has come on here and demanded something that would imbalance the game (already proven, it's why it was removed). 

You can argue however you like. You'll note I've stuck to stating I consider certain people to be trolls. I stuck to that because it's an accurate description of people who don't generally partake of a social community other than to cause strife.

That's all I have to say about this. It's silly that we keep being subjected to this sort of behavior as a community.

Edited by Stygian_Alchemist, 12 December 2019 - 06:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users