May be wrong section but: Have we forgotton? Have we?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

HOTA_CHATON #1 Posted 07 December 2019 - 07:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle

This morning, at around 6 AM or so, on December 7th, 1941 the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor in Hawaii.  We have forgotten this historical date, just like we have forgotten 911.  It is so sad as these brave people laid down their lives so that we could all be who, what, and where we are, how and when we want to be.  Without these great patriots, who affected, not just America, but the entire world, we would not have the freedoms, lives, existences, etc that we all now have.  I personally am ashamed that I did not think of this earlier and post a hearty thank you to any and all surviving veterans of that WWII battle, as it truly cemented our commitment to our involvement in it.  We must never forget what happened as it changed the entire world forever, whether you view it as good, bad, or meaningless. 

I salute all or our WWII Veterans whether living or deceased, may they all find the peace they so richly deserve.

HOTA

"I may not be able to out fly you, but I only have to do it once"

BB3_Oregon_Steel #2 Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:02 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1681 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

No, some of us haven't forgotten. 

But the sad fact is that most Americans' understanding of history is limited to Columbus discovered Ohio in 1776 (and if you don't know why that is funny, pick up a history textbook and read).  

But some of us known, some of us still remember.  

I wouldn't go so far as to say these dates will be as well known to someone not from the United States.  Important moments in history, yes, but the British, Russians, French, Japanese each have their "own" moments like these which are essentially to them and not ones that those of us from the states will think of in the same way.  

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Underpants53 #3 Posted 07 December 2019 - 10:35 PM

Major

• 31772 battles
  • [USMIL] USMIL

:honoring:

Thanks for the reminder.      :medal:

Edited by Captain_Underpants53, 07 December 2019 - 10:37 PM.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users