Dropping the Ball again ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Cardinal604 #1 Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6766 battles

Sigh,

WarGaming you seem to already be dropping the ball. World of Tanks already is running an advent calendar with crazy deals in the store and have announced the Holiday OPs.  whats the hold up im sure some players will spend their money on Tanks if you drop us something...

Anything coming ? Operations ? Crazy store deals ? New planes besides the USA bombers ? Why no advent calendar ? we need a fun op with stuff to collect for fun like Tanks has with the garage being decorated and rewards for decoration levels etc... It cant be that hard to do that sort of thing...

MO_E #2 Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5694 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCardinal604, on 06 December 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Sigh,

WarGaming you seem to already be dropping the ball. World of Tanks already is running an advent calendar with crazy deals in the store and have announced the Holiday OPs.  whats the hold up im sure some players will spend their money on Tanks if you drop us something...

Anything coming ? Operations ? Crazy store deals ? New planes besides the USA bombers ? Why no advent calendar ? we need a fun op with stuff to collect for fun like Tanks has with the garage being decorated and rewards for decoration levels etc... It cant be that hard to do that sort of thing...

Your forgetting this is Planes.

Red headed step child of WG.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #3 Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:32 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1679 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCardinal604, on 06 December 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Sigh,

Well, Tanks is the biggest player base so WG will almost always get to them first.  Ships is second in line and they have nothing very Christmas like online quite yet but they will likely be updated for Christmas soon.  After that, they will get to planes. 

I tend to play ships and planes and I was kind of surprised by how little WG did for Thanksgiving this year.  It seems like, overall, they are being more tight-fisted than in previous years so I'm not expecting anything eye-popping from them this time around, instead I'm thinking the rewards will be smaller and the cost to gain them, greater.  Would like to be wrong though. 

Oh, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new planes to pop up for Christmas.  If they do, they will very likely follow WG's current philosophy of "weirder is better" so if you do see something, it will probably be something that flies backwards and shoots sharks from it's guns.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 06 December 2019 - 08:35 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

Captain_Rownd #4 Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3423 battles

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 06 December 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

I tend to play ships and planes and I was kind of surprised by how little WG did for Thanksgiving this year. 

They basically skipped Halloween this year.  I usually play the Halloween events, but Warships didn't let you play the original event without a team this year so I couldn't, and Tanks skipped Hallween entirely.  Both disappointing.  I'm not sure if that suggests the Christmas event will also be downsized, or if it suggests the effort was shifted to the Christmas event.  

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

legoboy0401 #5 Posted 06 December 2019 - 08:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1887 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 06 December 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Well, Tanks is the biggest player base so WG will almost always get to them first.  Ships is second in line and they have nothing very Christmas like online quite yet but they will likely be updated for Christmas soon.  After that, they will get to planes. 

I tend to play ships and planes and I was kind of surprised by how little WG did for Thanksgiving this year.  It seems like, overall, they are being more tight-fisted than in previous years so I'm not expecting anything eye-popping from them this time around, instead I'm thinking the rewards will be smaller and the cost to gain them, greater.  Would like to be wrong though. 

Oh, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new planes to pop up for Christmas.  If they do, they will very likely follow WG's current philosophy of "weirder is better" so if you do see something, it will probably be something that flies backwards and shoots sharks from it's guns.  

Besides the B-29, yeah, you have a point.  They LITERALLY came out and said that the Tier IX and X would be "unusual designs that(despite being unusual) really flew".

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

Four_Leaf_Tayback #6 Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

Christmas is a time for giving.  So is it really in the Christmas spirit to ask WOWP for freebies? 

Instead, what are you giving to WOWP this Christmas? 

I am knitting a scarf, and I have some cans of creamed corn I am sending to them.  Times are hard in Ukraine these days. 

What are you prepared to do? 

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Trauglodyte #7 Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1391 battles

If it makes you feel better, it isn't like WoT Christmas is anything special.  They screwed up Halloween and the advent calendar is just a big money grab full of things that they routinely sell.  Yay!  More played out Russian premium tanks (that never existed).

Sadly, with the vast array of prototyping, that existed in WW2, WarGaming could go freaking balls out nuts with a plethora (or cornucopia) of new designs.  They'd need the staff to do it but think of the money that could be had!

Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:29 PM

Captain

• 30227 battles

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 06 December 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Christmas is a time for giving.  So is it really in the Christmas spirit to ask WOWP for freebies? 

I am knitting a scarf, and I have some cans of creamed corn I am sending to them.  Times are hard in Ukraine these days. 

What are you prepared to do? 

I am lighting a candle in the window so maybe they can find their way from out of the deep, dark woods.

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Rownd #9 Posted 06 December 2019 - 11:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3423 battles

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 06 December 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

A playerbase?

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #10 Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:41 AM

Major

• 1443 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I want SNOW BALL CANNONS

I want FLYING SAUCERS

I want Hot ELVES IN LITTLE RED OUTFITS

I want A FRICKING HOT TODDY

:sceptic:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Four_Leaf_Tayback #11 Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:05 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 06 December 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

A playerbase?

Well done Captain_Rownd!   The spirits have done it all in one night!

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Panoptic #12 Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7036 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

They skipped Black Friday as well. Last year they had this: https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/premium-november-venom-2018/

Captain_Rownd #13 Posted 07 December 2019 - 06:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 3423 battles

View PostPanoptic, on 06 December 2019 - 04:12 PM, said:

They skipped Black Friday as well. Last year they had this: https://worldofwarplanes.com/news/premium-november-venom-2018/

Don't remind me.  I got burned by that one, with their ambiguous "compensation" terminology. 

Favorites:

Moonrider #14 Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3674 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 06 December 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

I want SNOW BALL CANNONS

I want FLYING SAUCERS

I want Hot ELVES IN LITTLE RED OUTFITS

I want A FRICKING HOT TODDY

:sceptic:

Snowball cannons and Flying Saucers! Slepnir!
The hot elves will be at our gig in 2 weeks.
Hot toddys are simple to make. Want a recipe?

Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
-- Albert Camus

no_trace_of_sanity #15 Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:03 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4953 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
I'm just going to wait and see. I don't expect WG to do something for every holiday on the calendar. And good they come up with different things because if they did the same every holiday every year the complaint would be "it's the same boring thing every year". I've played games that that was exactly the case with their events (no changes in over 5 years in one case) and that game is now dead and i no longer play it. Variety is a good thing.

White_Widow18 #16 Posted 07 December 2019 - 04:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• 12692 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostPanoptic, on 06 December 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

Yep.. lots of people threw a fit over that, especially due to the misunderstanding with the compensation for already owning the plane. I imagine that's a good chunk of why they skipped it.

Also, we already know there will be a holiday event, BF has confirmed that. My guess is it will start next week, possibly the week after, and will run through the first week of the new year. Just like it did last year. Could be wrong.

Deltavee #17 Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:59 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3504 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 06 December 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

I am lighting a candle in the window so maybe they can find their way from out of the deep, dark woods.

You should just wing it into the woods.  They'll be along briskly once the fire starts....

Deltavee

Sic Itur Ad Astra

Such is the pathway to the stars

Flying NA and EU

Captain_Rownd #18 Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 3423 battles

View PostStygian_Alchemist, on 07 December 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

Also, we already know there will be a holiday event, BF has confirmed that. My guess is it will start next week, possibly the week after, and will run through the first week of the new year. Just like it did last year. Could be wrong.

I enjoyed the loot from last year's event.  The hangar wasn't quite as interesting as the decorating in Tanks, but the loot was much better in Warplanes.  As a scrub I had to pay my way to the top, of course. 

Favorites:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users