Jump to content


World Of Warplanes - Ju 87 G Stuka please wg make a bomber version

stuka bomber ga

  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

pirat262 #1 Posted 04 December 2019 - 03:39 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 14504 battles
  • 211
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    07-09-2016

Please WG make a version of these iconic plane in the game as is original use ground atack and bomber one , or make a pemiun version of it as a Stuka Dive Bomber .

 

thanks for your time

 

greetings

 

pirat262



Trauglodyte #2 Posted 04 December 2019 - 04:22 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1391 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016
Would like it but I don't think that it would happen.  Anyway, I can't see 3 bombs making up the difference in damage output of the 37 mm cannons.  Would super love it, though.  Hell, I'd be happy if I got special sounds, on my Stuka.

Edited by Trauglodyte, 04 December 2019 - 04:23 PM.


LMG #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:07 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 2,119
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTrauglodyte, on 04 December 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

Would like it but I don't think that it would happen.  Anyway, I can't see 3 bombs making up the difference in damage output of the 37 mm cannons.  Would super love it, though.  Hell, I'd be happy if I got special sounds, on my Stuka.

 

In general, ordnance is far better at dealing damage to ground targets than large cannons, which is part of why the gun-only GAAs in the game tend to not be liked by the vast majority of players. While I think there's still room for gun-only GAAs, in their current iteration they're not what I'd call competitive, especially against the soviet ILs :ohmy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

BB3_Oregon_Steel #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1681 battles
  • 706
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-26-2015

View Postpirat262, on 04 December 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

Please WG make a version of these iconic plane in the game as is original use ground atack and bomber one , or make a pemiun version of it as a Stuka Dive Bomber .

 

thanks for your time

 

greetings

 

pirat262

 

I agree with this.  I wouldn't make this a bomber though, but a GAA, which is essentially what it was.  You'd need to make sure it could dive bomb correctly but that would seem to be a fairly easy thing to do.  I know I would fly it. 


"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

 

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  


wylleEcoyote #5 Posted 04 December 2019 - 05:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7835 battles
  • 1,157
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
IT WOULD BE AWESOME. But only in theory.
in the case of the Stuka it would likely play out like this

with similar issues in other other naval dive/torpedo planes like Swordfish, Val's, Kate's, Dauntless' etc ...
Thus early and mid tiers will be "iconic" or trash (or both) in spite of hauling around as much ordnance as any two multiroles in that tier put together.
Because it will have half its tier (rounded down) in gun armament (counting the turrets) at best mounted on planes that are not agile enough to survive nor fast enough to run away  ... when carrying bombs. Spoiler

Mean while the late tiers?  Will somehow be; in comparison, completely game breaking (like high tier bombers) all over again once their engines actually keep up with the airspeed requirements of their respective tiers (A-1 Skyraider!)
. Or non existent as they merge into late game naval MultiRole lines

Edited by wylleEcoyote, 04 December 2019 - 07:40 PM.

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is on par with my WinRate. Hit or Miss.
 I start on the right track and then sometimes make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 

Specialist Planes earned: Japan, USA, UK, Germany, USSR, Europe
Light Fighters:  Ar 68/80, Bf 109 B/E/E-3/F/G, Fw 159, He 51/100 D-1/112, Ho 229, Me 209 A/ v4/ P.1092, Spit.V DB605​, Ta 152 
Ki-5/8/10/27/43-1, A4N/5M, Hurricane Ia, Bristol 146, Spitfire Vb IM, DH.100 F1, I-17Yak-1MiG-3
P-23/36/36C/39N-1/40, XP-31/36F/55, Hawk 75M, Model 81A-1, , P-51A, XF15C

MultiRole Fighters: Type 91, P-12/26/35/43, XP-44, P-47B, F11C-2, F4F/U-1, 
TyphoonAr 65, Fw 190 A-1/5/D, BV P.210, I-5/15/16(e)(l)

Heavy Fighters: P-38 F/J, XP-58P-82 B, Beaufighter/ VAo 192, Fw 57, Bf 110 B/C-6/E, Me 410, Bf 109 Z, Do 335 A-1, Me 262, Tu-1, SE 100,

Attack Aircraft: BSh-2, Hs 123/129 A, Ha 137, Fw 189 C, Ju 87 G, Me 265, Me 1099 B-2
Bombers: Do 17 Z, He 111 H2, Pe-2, Do 217 M
 


legoboy0401 #6 Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1984 battles
  • 1,870
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostLMG, on 04 December 2019 - 09:07 AM, said:

 

In general, ordnance is far better at dealing damage to ground targets than large cannons, which is part of why the gun-only GAAs in the game tend to not be liked by the vast majority of players. While I think there's still room for gun-only GAAs, in their current iteration they're not what I'd call competitive, especially against the soviet ILs :ohmy:


True, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that gun-only GAAs are completely garbage. Captain_Rownd, for example, while he’s not such a big fan of the Ju-87G Stuka and prefers the Tier V Duck instead, he LOVES his Ju-88P. I meanwhile, have never played the Ju-88P yet(I skipped it), but I love and am pretty good in my Ju-87G. One man’s trash is another’s treasure, I guess.


An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


Trauglodyte #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:02 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1391 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostLMG, on 04 December 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

In general, ordnance is far better at dealing damage to ground targets than large cannons, which is part of why the gun-only GAAs in the game tend to not be liked by the vast majority of players. While I think there's still room for gun-only GAAs, in their current iteration they're not what I'd call competitive, especially against the soviet ILs :ohmy:

 

I can't/won't speak, to that.  I've only just finished grinding out the specialization, on the Stuka.  The Fw, prior to it, was god awful, and I haven't played anything after the Stuka.  I like the big guns but also understand that they overheat quickly which means that you end up having to be on station longer to take out targets which, in turn, puts the survivability of the platform into a precarious situation.  Personally, I'd prefer the bomb layout and/or adding a single bomb, with a quick reload, to the G.  Quite honestly, I love the Stuka, all around, so I'd take any (positive) changes to it.



Captain_Underpants53 #8 Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:51 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31929 battles
  • 5,182
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

To add an actual dive bombing Stuka with the historical sirens has been one of the most requested changes that I have seen in my 2+ years of playing.   Yet, here we are.


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Underpants53 #9 Posted 04 December 2019 - 06:51 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31929 battles
  • 5,182
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 04 December 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

I agree with this.  I wouldn't make this a bomber though, but a GAA, which is essentially what it was.  You'd need to make sure it could dive bomb correctly but that would seem to be a fairly easy thing to do.  I know I would fly it. 


:medal:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Captain_Rownd #10 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3722 battles
  • 1,789
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

View Postlegoboy0401, on 04 December 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:


True, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that gun-only GAAs are completely garbage. Captain_Rownd, for example, while he’s not such a big fan of the Ju-87G Stuka and prefers the Tier V Duck instead, he LOVES his Ju-88P. I meanwhile, have never played the Ju-88P yet(I skipped it), but I love and am pretty good in my Ju-87G. One man’s trash is another’s treasure, I guess.

 

My only problem with the Stuka was that its guns could not be reliably aimed for air-air fighting, and I love to wreck other planes in my GA.  There's a vertical offset or something from the normal aiming reticule that makes it very hard to hit other planes, plus the wing mounted pods make the shells go either side of center.  It's really hard to hit planes with.  The reticule works great for ground targets though - go figure.  I warmed up to the Stuka when I gave up on air-air and started concentrating all my effort on popping those tents.  As long as there are tents and AA guns to shoot the Stuka can stay busy and do its little dance of doom over the battlefield.  

 

 

 

 


Edited by Captain_Rownd, 05 December 2019 - 01:32 AM.

Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


legoboy0401 #11 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1984 battles
  • 1,870
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 04 December 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

 

My only problem with the Stuka was that its guns could not be reliably aimed for air-air fighting, and I love to smash other planes in my GA.  There's a vertical offset or something from the normal aiming reticule that makes it very hard to hit other planes, plus the wing mounted pods make the shells go either side of center.  It's really hard to hit planes with.  The reticule works great for ground targets though - go figure.  I warmed up to the Stuka when I gave up on air-air and started concentrating all my effort on popping those tents.  As long as there are tents and AA guns to shoot the Stuka can stay busy and do its little dance of doom over the battlefield.  

 

 

 

 


If you love going air-to-air in GAAs, you’ll LOVE the Me-265, like I already do. In fact, if my signature was like yours, it would definitely include the 265 as one of my favs at the moment. But anyways, back to the topic at hand: How do you like the Ju-87G now, and would you ever consider it for a favorite plane? 


An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


Captain_Rownd #12 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3722 battles
  • 1,789
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

View Postlegoboy0401, on 04 December 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

 How do you like the Ju-87G now, and would you ever consider it for a favorite plane? 

 

I enjoy it, and bought Specialist for it to make it more survivable.  It still irks me that I can't shoot down the baddies, but I enjoy the rapid tent-popping routine. 

 

I still need to save a bit for the Me 265, but I'll have to choose between it and the IL-10

 

 


Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


LMG #13 Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:41 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 2,119
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlegoboy0401, on 04 December 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

True, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that gun-only GAAs are completely garbage. Captain_Rownd, for example, while he’s not such a big fan of the Ju-87G Stuka and prefers the Tier V Duck instead, he LOVES his Ju-88P. I meanwhile, have never played the Ju-88P yet(I skipped it), but I love and am pretty good in my Ju-87G. One man’s trash is another’s treasure, I guess.

 

Gun-only GAAs are not completely garbage, they're just outclassed in their main role (actual ground pounding). Now that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if they could make up in another area, but the guns are too unreliable to deal with hostile planes (even GAAs can be a pain to hit), and most are not fast enough to make up for the extra time they take to capture sectors, or agile enough to actually be a threat to anything but GAAs and overly-stiff heavies. They can and are fun if you get into their mood, but I wouldn't exactly pick them for a serious battle unless I had a very detailed plan behind it (like playing clean-up for a bomber).

 

View PostTrauglodyte, on 04 December 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

I can't/won't speak, to that.  I've only just finished grinding out the specialization, on the Stuka.  The Fw, prior to it, was god awful, and I haven't played anything after the Stuka.  I like the big guns but also understand that they overheat quickly which means that you end up having to be on station longer to take out targets which, in turn, puts the survivability of the platform into a precarious situation.  Personally, I'd prefer the bomb layout and/or adding a single bomb, with a quick reload, to the G.  Quite honestly, I love the Stuka, all around, so I'd take any (positive) changes to it.

 

The issue is not that the guns overheat quickly, but that the planes take a lot longer to destroy ground targets. Where as an IL would use a couple rockets and bombs to blow everything in the sector, the gun-only GAAs have to shoot each individual piece one by one, and none of them shoot fast enough to keep up. The Stuka and Duck would have to fire about as fast as the Ju 88 P, and the Ju 88 P would have to fire about as fast as the Me P.1099 B-2, to be properly competitive in the ground game.

 

Funnily enough, I think it's arguable that the Fw 189 C is more competitive in its tier than the gun-only GAAs are at their respective tiers. The Eule has a very noticeable agility advantage over the other GAAs, as well as fairly reliable guns that can mow down planes, and four bombs. It can't cap as well as the BSh-2 or the LBSh, but it can easilly shoot either of them down, while still being able to actually cap in a moderate amount of time if you know where to drop those bombs. Hell, it can kill any tier 5 GAA that gets too cocky :teethhappy:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

legoboy0401 #14 Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:47 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1984 battles
  • 1,870
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 04 December 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

 

I enjoy it, and bought Specialist for it to make it more survivable.  It still irks me that I can't shoot down the baddies, but I enjoy the rapid tent-popping routine. 

 

I still need to save a bit for the Me 265, but I'll have to choose between it and the IL-10

 

 


That reminds me, I need to get back to that line. I stopped almost completely through the BSh-2 elite grind, and haven't returned since. Maybe in the new year I should start grinding it again.

 

 

Speaking of the 265, I might end up keeping it. It's really fun and quite strong for the tier.


An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


Captain_Rownd #15 Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 3722 battles
  • 1,789
  • Member since:
    09-28-2015

View Postlegoboy0401, on 04 December 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:


That reminds me, I need to get back to that line. I stopped almost completely through the BSh-2 elite grind, and haven't returned since. Maybe in the new year I should start grinding it again.

 

I'm only getting to the IL-10 through the I-220.  I got the premium IL-2 (mod) in a Santa Bag so I never felt the need to do the tech tree. 

 


Favorites:

SPAD S.510:: MiG-3 :: I-250 :: Ju 88 P :: He 100 D-1 :: Caudron C.714 :: Me 329 :: MiG-9


wylleEcoyote #16 Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7835 battles
  • 1,157
  • [ALAS] ALAS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
THe main issue i have with the stuka is its speed. Specifically the lack thereof. THe guns are great.
Spoiler
But i kept mine any way on the off chance they ever get bombs. Other wise i would have sold it forever ago and never bothered further with the line. 

THen i unlocked the Me 265 frim the german heavies a year later ...
I still keep my Me265 for grinding mid tier tokens.
Spoiler

Fair warning. My success rate at speculative guesswork is on par with my WinRate. Hit or Miss.
 I start on the right track and then sometimes make a weird left turn and get lost in the weeds ... 

Specialist Planes earned: Japan, USA, UK, Germany, USSR, Europe
Light Fighters:  Ar 68/80, Bf 109 B/E/E-3/F/G, Fw 159, He 51/100 D-1/112, Ho 229, Me 209 A/ v4/ P.1092, Spit.V DB605​, Ta 152 
Ki-5/8/10/27/43-1, A4N/5M, Hurricane Ia, Bristol 146, Spitfire Vb IM, DH.100 F1, I-17Yak-1MiG-3
P-23/36/36C/39N-1/40, XP-31/36F/55, Hawk 75M, Model 81A-1, , P-51A, XF15C

MultiRole Fighters: Type 91, P-12/26/35/43, XP-44, P-47B, F11C-2, F4F/U-1, 
TyphoonAr 65, Fw 190 A-1/5/D, BV P.210, I-5/15/16(e)(l)

Heavy Fighters: P-38 F/J, XP-58P-82 B, Beaufighter/ VAo 192, Fw 57, Bf 110 B/C-6/E, Me 410, Bf 109 Z, Do 335 A-1, Me 262, Tu-1, SE 100,

Attack Aircraft: BSh-2, Hs 123/129 A, Ha 137, Fw 189 C, Ju 87 G, Me 265, Me 1099 B-2
Bombers: Do 17 Z, He 111 H2, Pe-2, Do 217 M
 


LMG #17 Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:17 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 2436 battles
  • 2,119
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCaptain_Rownd, on 05 December 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

I'm only getting to the IL-10 through the I-220.  I got the premium IL-2 (mod) in a Santa Bag so I never felt the need to do the tech tree. 

 

While the IL-2 (mod.) is similar to the IL-2 and IL-2 (t) gameplay-wise, the latter are far more effective in their job with better... almost everything. That said, the general gameplay of the soviet GAA line varies very little outside of more advanced plane-specific tactics (like making use of the IL-8's extra bombs or the IL-10's handling). It all comes down to guns, rockets and bombs. If you don't enjoy it, then I can't say you'll enjoy any of them :bajan:


This is my IL-2 (t). There are many like it, but this one is mine. :child:

legoboy0401 #18 Posted 05 December 2019 - 06:51 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1984 battles
  • 1,870
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    11-30-2013

View PostLMG, on 04 December 2019 - 10:17 PM, said:

 

While the IL-2 (mod.) is similar to the IL-2 and IL-2 (t) gameplay-wise, the latter are far more effective in their job with better... almost everything. That said, the general gameplay of the soviet GAA line varies very little outside of more advanced plane-specific tactics (like making use of the IL-8's extra bombs or the IL-10's handling). It all comes down to guns, rockets and bombs. If you don't enjoy it, then I can't say you'll enjoy any of them :bajan:


I don’t know about Rownd, but I personally think it is a perfectly adequate plane and more than workable. Sure, it’s nothing special, but hey, it’s no Hs-129A for its tier either. It can definitely get the job done. In fact, I liked it enough to specialize it as my second specialist plane. 


An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

 

#Failureisalwaysanoption

 

#Givingupneveris


Captain_Underpants53 #19 Posted 05 December 2019 - 07:00 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31929 battles
  • 5,182
  • [USMIL] USMIL
  • Member since:
    04-17-2017

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 05 December 2019 - 12:56 AM, said:

THe main issue i have with the stuka is its speed. Specifically the lack thereof. THe guns are great.
Spoiler
But i kept mine any way on the off chance they ever get bombs. Other wise i would have sold it forever ago and never bothered further with the line. 

THen i unlocked the Me 265 frim the german heavies a year later ...
I still keep my Me265 for grinding mid tier tokens.
Spoiler


Those spoilers worry me.

 

:hiding:


MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #20 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:50 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 4900 battles
  • 5,463
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostwylleEcoyote, on 05 December 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

I laughed out loud.  Nice simile.







1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users