Daily Mission Issue

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Landsraad #1 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 654 battles
  • [5PANZ] 5PANZ

The first time that this happened I thought it was a fluke, but here we are. So last week I log in on Monday, all set to get the little daily log-in mission and get a shot at that crate at the end of the week, only for my game to claim that it was Tuesday. Now that threw my whole day off, because I'm on night shift any way and I have to explain to people CONSTANTLY that our business day doesn't end until 4am, so "today" is technically still "tomorrow" for four more hours, but whatever. Random glitch, it happens right?

Well tonight it happened again! I log some time before 8pm eastern time on Tuesday December 3rd, only for the game client to insist that it was Wednesday and lock me out of a mission. What the heck is going on here?

Current Top of the Line:

USAAC/USAF/USN: P-51A Mustang, P-47B Thunderbolt, F4U-1 Corsair, P-38F Lightning, B-17D Flying Fortress  LW: Bf 109G, BV P.212.03, Bf 109Z, Ju 88P, Ju 88A
VVS: Yak-1, MiG-3, LaGG-3, Yak-7, Il-2 Shturmovik, Arkhangelsky Ar-2  IJAAS/IJNAS: Ki-61 Hien, A7M Reppu, Ki-45 Toryu 

RAF/RNFAA: Supermarine Spitfire I, Hawker Hurricane II, Bristol Blenheim F  ROCAF: Curtiss Tomahawk IIb, Curtiss Hawk III  PEu: Caudron-Renault C.714, Saab J-21RB, Arsenal VB 10

BigBadWolf #2 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:06 AM

Master Sergeant

• 9936 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I believe the daily mission reset for that weekly crate happens around 7 pm CST, not at the server reset which is at 3 am. That could be the reason.

Landsraad #3 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:33 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 654 battles
  • [5PANZ] 5PANZ
That makes absolutely no sense. If the reset happens at 7pm CST then I should have had at least a few minutes left, I definitely was on before that time I'm just not certain by how much. Also that's a really dumb time to do the reset if that is the case. That's only 5pm Pacific time, there's still seven hours of day left! The only way it makes sense is if the NA server runs on GMT, but why would it? It makes no sense for a server running primarily for the US, Canada, Central, and South America to be set to BRITISH time of all things.

Current Top of the Line:

USAAC/USAF/USN: P-51A Mustang, P-47B Thunderbolt, F4U-1 Corsair, P-38F Lightning, B-17D Flying Fortress  LW: Bf 109G, BV P.212.03, Bf 109Z, Ju 88P, Ju 88A
VVS: Yak-1, MiG-3, LaGG-3, Yak-7, Il-2 Shturmovik, Arkhangelsky Ar-2  IJAAS/IJNAS: Ki-61 Hien, A7M Reppu, Ki-45 Toryu 

RAF/RNFAA: Supermarine Spitfire I, Hawker Hurricane II, Bristol Blenheim F  ROCAF: Curtiss Tomahawk IIb, Curtiss Hawk III  PEu: Caudron-Renault C.714, Saab J-21RB, Arsenal VB 10

MO_E #4 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4855 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
It resets at 6:00 PM Central time.

Commodore_Sailracer #5 Posted 04 December 2019 - 12:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3708 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
The reset didn't change with daylight savings time.  It was at 8PM Eastern Daylight Time when US was on daylight savings time.  Now it is at 7PM Eastern Standard Time.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• 1385 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postebp_si, on 04 December 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

The reset didn't change with daylight savings time.  It was at 8PM Eastern Daylight Time when US was on daylight savings time.  Now it is at 7PM Eastern Standard Time.

that seems to be the correct explination

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

BigBadWolf #7 Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

Master Sergeant

• 9936 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
WG is from Minsk, Belorussia. They dont have Daylight Savings anymore. So that reset could be wired to global WG. And the NA server reset complies with daylight savings and is state based. 

Strange to have it different though, very strange. 

SkyWolf__WM #8 Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:59 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10444 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostLandsraad, on 04 December 2019 - 06:33 AM, said:

That makes absolutely no sense.

Welcome to WEE GEE. :sceptic:

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 05 December 2019 - 01:28 AM

Captain

• 1385 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBigBadWolf, on 04 December 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

WG is from Minsk, Belorussia. They dont have Daylight Savings anymore. So that reset could be wired to global WG. And the NA server reset complies with daylight savings and is state based. 

Strange to have it different though, very strange. 

uggg,

not that they changed... est changed

:facepalm:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

blindfoId #10 Posted 05 December 2019 - 11:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Administrator
  • 8 battles
Daily Rewards does not take into account Daylight Savings as they are tied to UTC, which never changes :) The developers are aware of the inconvenient time of Daily Rewards reset for the NA region, unfortunately, it is not an issue that can easily be fixed. The only way to avoid it to get used to the resetting time. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

DataNinja #11 Posted 06 December 2019 - 02:00 AM

Master Sergeant

• 14182 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 05 December 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Daily Rewards does not take into account Daylight Savings as they are tied to UTC, which never changes :) The developers are aware of the inconvenient time of Daily Rewards reset for the NA region, unfortunately, it is not an issue that can easily be fixed. The only way to avoid it to get used to the resetting time. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

Ok...I get the time to reset is a little confusing... (Add a count down timer set to UTC time 1:38 hours until reset).  This count down would be the same for everyone because it would be in Days: Hours: Minutes.

Also, my bigger issue with the daily rewards is that I can use tokens for my missed days (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)

But if I will not be on the computer on Sunday, I CAN NOT use tokens to pay for Sunday.

I have lost out on many weeks crates because I only logged in on Sunday after the reset.

Add a function where you can pick days to pay tokens (both past & future)....and if someone wants to pay 14 tokens, they get the weeks crate.

CorvusCorvax #12 Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:27 AM

Captain

• 4394 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostblindfoId, on 05 December 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Thank you for the clarification.

It would be GREAT if the clock in the Hangar showed us UTC time and date, so that when we logged in, we would know the SERVER time and date, and thus know where we're at as far as day/date goes.  Hard to miss it when, in the top left corner, the Hangar says "2345HRS, Saturday, December 7" this coming Saturday at 3:45PM Pacific time.  That way, before 4PM, we play on Saturday.  After, we play on Sunday.

I vaguely remember there being a setting somewhere to display a particular time zone in-game.  Or was that just in 1.x?

Four_Leaf_Tayback #13 Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:43 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

View PostDataNinja, on 05 December 2019 - 08:00 PM, said:

Ok...I get the time to reset is a little confusing... (Add a count down timer set to UTC time 1:38 hours until reset).  This count down would be the same for everyone because it would be in Days: Hours: Minutes.

Also, my bigger issue with the daily rewards is that I can use tokens for my missed days (Monday, Tuesday, etc.)

But if I will not be on the computer on Sunday, I CAN NOT use tokens to pay for Sunday.

I have lost out on many weeks crates because I only logged in on Sunday after the reset.

Add a function where you can pick days to pay tokens (both past & future)....and if someone wants to pay 14 tokens, they get the weeks crate.

I have to agree, this is the biggest flaw in the system.  You could play the same time every day, but if you just miss that one day, you get nothing.  Even if you spent tokens every day because you were busy or whatnot, that little time window at the end is pretty unfair. Should be a way to pay for that prior week that you missed. 

Really works like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday... Sunday [edited]you too..

Reminds me of this:

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:47 AM

Captain

• 1385 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 06 December 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

I have to agree, this is the biggest flaw in the system.  You could play the same time every day, but if you just miss that one day, you get nothing.  Even if you spent tokens every day because you were busy or whatnot, that little time window at the end is pretty unfair. Should be a way to pay for that prior week that you missed. 

Really works like Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday... Sunday [edited]you too..

Reminds me of this:

the flaw in the system is that...

it doesn't take into account people are idiots

SkyWolf__WM #15 Posted 07 December 2019 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10444 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I've found it helps out to try LOOKING AT A CLOCK. If I can do it, ANYONE can do it.   :sceptic:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users