Alei's Free e-books. YAY ME!!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BB3_Oregon_Steel #1 Posted 02 December 2019 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Hi everyone.  

I've been a bit reluctant to actually post this here, but I write stuffs.  I know everyone is expecting something about BIPLANES coz, like who wouldn't!!!?

That being said, what I actually write about is Star Trek.  Nope, I do not write stories about the traditional characters like Kirk, Spock, Picard, Sisco, Janeway mostly because I think that is ground that has been pretty thoroughly covered.  Instead I use completely from scratch (don't we all love home cooking?) new and completely different characters which are not in any way clones of those you know and (hopefully) love.  

I've shared this with a few people here and I've gotten really positive feedback, and since I'm the sharing type, I thought I'd let others know what I'm doing and give you a peek at the finished products. 

I'd like to point out that this is not a commercial enterprise.  I do not, and can not, under copyright laws, sell these books for a profit. However I am allowed to write and publish them for free, which is what I'm doing.

Everything is either in pdf, e-book, or kindle format, and a description of each book, as well as a link to its location, is posted below. 

Hope this doesn't bother anyone too much or break a forum rule I'm not aware of.  I'm just a girl with stories to tell, and here they are.  :) 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 04 December 2019 - 05:48 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

ClosedCoffin #2 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8609 battles
  • [MRCS] MRCS

Sounds interesting but I'm not seeing the link.

Where is it supposed to be?

Oh there it is, Thanks

Edited by ClosedCoffin, 02 December 2019 - 08:09 PM.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #3 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Peace does not come

without sacrifice or loss.

Nor does it come without courage

and the willingness to place oneself in danger

for the sake of others.

In the end though, we depend on people such as these. 

Not the great and the mighty or the superhuman,

but those who toil so often in the shadows,

unrecognized, until need compels them forth.

Heroes, my friends, are not extraordinary people.

They are ordinary people who,

in times of great need,

do the extraordinary.

Flag Admiral Franklin Corely 

Romulan War Memorial

Memory Alpha 

Stardate 28412.15 

Line = http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/Republic.php

Star Trek Republic is set during a "gap" in the Star Trek universe, a period that is rarely written about, that period being between the end of the voyages of the starship Enterprise under Captain Kirk (as shown on the original TV series) and the first of the Star Trek movies. 

This story tells the tale of the 2nd Romulan War from the point of view of the officers and crew of the starship Republic NCC-1371, the oldest of the class of vessels that includes the Enterprise.  This story is principally told from the point of view of Captain Elizabeth Macklin and her Executive Officer, Lieutenant Commander Janice Chapman supported by a cast of other original characters.  

In most Star Treck fan fiction, the characters are the best of the best, the most confident and accomplished in the Fleet crewing the very best starships Star Fleet has to offer.  

Star Trek - Republic is not that story.  

The characters and crew have all had to undergoing harrowing experiences.  The loss of ships, crew and friends which have impacted them all in various ways. They have been brought together to crew the venerable Republic, herself an old warrior who has suffered wounds of her own. 

Her crew has been selected with the criteria of "Still being alive and, at least on paper, having the minimum of skills to do their jobs." This story is about these more ordinary people, not the typical heroes such stories often portray, each with their failings and fears who have to face daunting challenges that would tax the best of the best. 

Come join the crew of the Republic as they face the daunting challenges of a galaxy gone mad.  

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 04 December 2019 - 05:51 PM.

"Don't mess with me because I can squish you like a bug, that is If I should decide to notice your existence in the first place".  

Yes, it's haughty and its arrogant but you're a battleship with 16 inch guns and Britannia Rules the Waves.  Maybe a bit of arrogance in this case is appropriate.  

BB3_Oregon_Steel #4 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

They say that hope is not a plan, and that wishes

are not a strategy.

But, sometimes, just sometimes,

insanity is a necessity, and a Foolish Venture

is the only card left in your hand to play.

Link = http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/Assoreted-TOS-Era-Stories.php

Star Trek - Triangle is the first in a series of related short stories which chronicles the plight of the Star Fleet crew of the Intelligence vessel Smith, which finds them as glorified bus drivers for a Star Fleet Intelligence operative, and what happens when that mission goes seriously off the rails. 

The story is told from the point of view of Commander Jessica Holmes, the commander of the Smith and it's Star Fleet crew. 

Don't miss this oddball romp through "The Triangle" as Holmes and her crew have to deal with the most unexpected of circumstances, circumstances where only a Foolish Venture will suffice.   

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 03 December 2019 - 12:33 AM.

Captain_Underpants53 #5 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Dang it!  It ended when it was getting really good!  I want more!

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 02 December 2019 - 10:31 PM

Captain

• 1212 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I look forward to reading our loco local Biplane McSunshine's creations

I'll report back later aka BB3 OS

it better be good... I'm brutally honest

:P

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 December 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

as for you C. U. Pants ...

you're a bit of a wordsmith yourself...

quite good in a Hunter S Thompson extra-lite way

you embrace the bizarre like it's your friend... hehe

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #7 Posted 03 December 2019 - 12:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 02 December 2019 - 02:20 PM, said:

Just my devious plan to keep you all coming back for More!!!  

Just wait until I start writing about BIPLANES IN SPACE!!! :medal:

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #8 Posted 03 December 2019 - 04:39 PM

Captain

• 1212 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm at page 100 and it's quite good...

onward, tonight

:popcorn:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #9 Posted 03 December 2019 - 10:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Hi again everyone. 

I wanted to thank all of you who have read my little books so far and sent your comments back to me.  In particular I'd like to thank ... 

Captain Underpants

Booze Morgan

Trikke

Odojack

OhMyGodzilla

and of course, Ace.

The first scenes of Republic were actually written by me on July 19, 2007 so that story has been 12 years in the making.  I'd write for a while, leave it, then come back to write a bit more.  It was just one of those things I couldn't walk away from, it just kept pulling me back and now I've decided to sort of bring it all out of the shadows and finish it, plus other stories I already have written in my mind, that just haven't made it to my keyboard yet.  

I'm inspired by those who take value from what I've done and I'm improved by those who may find it lacking in some way.  It's a vast learning process for me to bring something that has lived only inside my mind for many years, out where others can see it.  

In short, thank you for taking the time to read, and let me know what you have thought.  

Alei - (aka Biplane Girl.  YAY BIPLANES!!!):great:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 03 December 2019 - 10:06 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #10 Posted 04 December 2019 - 01:05 AM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
You have a real gift for character development.  If you can write characters that the reader cares about in short story form I can only imagine what you could do with a full length novel.     :great:
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

BB3_Oregon_Steel #11 Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 03 December 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

You have a real gift for character development.  If you can write characters that the reader cares about in short story form I can only imagine what you could do with a full length novel.     :great:

Well Cap, fortunately, both of these stories have sequels so lots of other opportunities to develop characters stuffs.  I really wish I had time to write all the storylines that I have kind of plotted out.  But .... I shall do what I can do!!!  

YAY BIPLANES!!!  :great:

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 04 December 2019 - 11:51 PM.

Captain_Underpants53 #12 Posted 05 December 2019 - 12:52 AM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Ain't it about time they struck back at the Klingon Empire?
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

BB3_Oregon_Steel #13 Posted 05 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1305 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 04 December 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

Ain't it about time they struck back at the Klingon Empire?

Well, I have several story lines using other characters which focus on the Klingons.  I mean, I know the story, the general flow and stuffs but writing takes time and these will be a long time coming.  

I essentially have four character sets and story arcs for each, but so far I've only put keyboard to screen for two, those revolving around Elizabeth Macklin (Republic) and Jessica Holmes (Triangle).  While a few brush up with the Klingons, one centers on them and they are as follows. 

Star Trek - Galaxy:  Captain Melanie Lyons

The Klingon warships she had been pursuing flash out of existence and literally everything changes ... Klingons with boring plasma torpedoes, multiphasic disruptors, and shields and Star Fleet using designs literally decades out of date.  The only thing that is unchanged is the Galaxy and her crew.  

Someone has been messing with time and Captain Melanie Lyons and her crew mean to set things to rights.  But the Klingons know all about that, they've been waiting for her and have a plan to remove her, her ship and any memory of another timeline, permanently. 

Star Trek - Confederation: Captain Melanie Lyons

Having set things right and restored the proper timeline, Captain Melanie Lyons and crew await the delivery of a new ship at Starbase 10.  But the Klingons have other ideas and in a stunning strike, neutralize the Starbase leaving the entire region unsupported ... almost.  Now, using only a cadre of outdated vessels slated for the scrap yard, Captain Lyons and her crew must band together and attempt to perform a miracle.  Lucky for them, they're in the miracle business. 

Of course, I really need to finish writing the stories I have started before I move on to these or I'll never get any of them done.  Still, lots of interesting ideas bouncing around my imagination, if I ever get time to write them. 

Edited by BB3_Oregon_Steel, 05 December 2019 - 08:24 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users