It's a potato weekend

potato tomato

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Four_Leaf_Tayback #1 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:57 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 352 battles

While I consider myself to be a middling semi-competent potato, there are some really bad, moldy, soft-skinned potatoes on this weekend.  

Seen some really bizarre stuff.  I had a rant, but I will leave it at this.  

Saving my last two forum warnings since July 31, 2019.  

hoom #2 Posted 30 November 2019 - 08:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10171 battles
I saw a bunch of people having a bit of a relaxing T8 Premium spam, presumably with boosters, at least thats what I was doing...
C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Moonrider #3 Posted 30 November 2019 - 12:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 2454 battles

View PostFour_Leaf_Tayback, on 30 November 2019 - 01:57 AM, said:

While I consider myself to be a middling semi-competent potato, there are some really bad, moldy, soft-skinned potatoes on this weekend.  

I'm a dried up shriveled old potato. You can ID the tater tot & dumbot teams in the first minute or so. I always keep a backup goal that doesn't require a win ready for those teams, and switch to achieving that. It keeps the frustration down and keeps this old tater happier.

Slap a mask on a drunk and you're going to have trouble. It's like having a live reenactment of anonymous forum comments.

Captain_Underpants53 #4 Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:12 PM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
Yep.  It does get frustrating watching them fight like tigers to take the middle garrison while you endeavor to take one of the Military Bases alongside.  You would think that it wouldn't take long to notice that the blue on that garrison vanishes quicker than a sailor's paycheck once one or more of those bases start lobbing rockets.  Oh well, it was nice having so many 5 VS 5 and 6 VS 6 battles.
MSgt, USAF, (ret)

CorvusCorvax #5 Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• 4266 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

After the first two battles, I stopped trying to help my team mates via chat.  I switched to token missions and XP grinds, and was just that much happier.

Suggestion for new folks - don't go right out and buy that Do-335.  While it is a very forgiving plane, it still is a heavy fighter and requires the techniques of heavy fighter flying.

Oh, and Mr. P-38J, I am super-sorry about last night.  After my Yak-9U grind and I-210 grind, I just had to have some comfort flights in my Me-410.  Speed is your friend.  And so is turning.  I suppose I should feel badly.

But my low-tier token missions were filled with folks who need just a little bit of help with tactics and strategy.  I hard-carried two battles with my F2A-1 (I think I like this plane), while my blue taters tated.  To be completely fair, the red humans tated pretty hard, too.  Then I switch to my LBSh for a little bit of high-speed GAA fun (WG PLEASE fix the Soviet female pilot fire-starting bug.  That particular skill makes her very useful, and without it, she is meh.)  Dude, you're in a Zero.  How in the heck can you let a GAA kill you even once, let alone twice?  Did you not see me there, with my 20mm cannon?  I don't need autoaim at 400m.  My own team mates, flying their Blenheim HFs down on the deck...  Sigh.  Well, I do love the low-tier missions.

Captain_Underpants53 #6 Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:04 PM

Captain

• 24025 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

Questions to ponder:

Where are all these new folks coming from?  Advertising or promotions somewhere?

Why are the vast majority dumber than a box of rocks?

Why is 'that guy' so cute and endearing when he is plying his silliness on the red team?

Why is that same guy so knot-headed and aggravating when he is on the blue team?

And, most of all, why am I a new-guy-magnet to my team?

MSgt, USAF, (ret)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #7 Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• 1212 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 30 November 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Questions to ponder:

Where are all these new folks coming from?  Advertising or promotions somewhere?

Why is 'that guy' so cute and endearing when he is plying his silliness on the red team?

Why is that same guy so knot-headed and aggravating when he is on the blue team?

I dunno

some guys just put out that vibe...

ya know what I mean

don't fight the inevitable

ya know

especially at your age

ya see

anything you can scrape off the floor

ya should be thankful for

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Trauglodyte #8 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 702 battles

View PostCaptain_Underpants53, on 30 November 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

Questions to ponder:

I got tired of WoT and just wanted something different.  I'm definitely getting beyond the newbie potato stage but damn there are some baddies.  Ran into a guy, this morning, with 12k games played and a 37% win rate.  Got stuck with him 3 games in a row (all losses).  Since he had "poppa" in his name, I'd have to guess that he's an actual real ol' timer that might have actually been in the war. /shrug

Sadly, I have less of a problem with bad players than I do with bad bot AI.  Why the Hell does it take 2 GAA and a bomber over 5 minutes to NOT flip a node, on our side, without any enemy intervention?  Is this a bad side effect from ground targets now showing up, thus causing them to circle around targets that would/should be there but aren't?  Or, is there something that I'm missing?  Seriously, I don't get it.  And, I don't get how, in a tier 8 game, a bot can end a game, before the end-of-game bonus kicks in, with only 150 personal points.

ebp_si #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 11:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• 2873 battles
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S

View PostTrauglodyte, on 02 December 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Sadly, I have less of a problem with bad players than I do with bad bot AI.  Why the Hell does it take 2 GAA and a bomber over 5 minutes to NOT flip a node, on our side, without any enemy intervention?

I had an interesting [frustrating] experience today.  I was flying T10 in a J7W3 and it was me an one other human against all bots.  I am working on the vampire mission and currently need guardian badges, so my strategy was going to be to take the airfield, sit on it and shoot whatever comes my way.  I charge into the airfield, shoot down a bunch of planes both ADA and enemy, but my bots are dying over the cap before I can flip it.  Eventually enough die and we lose the airfield.  I shoot some more, but my bots keep coming back and dying faster than I can kill them.  I got shot down and charge right back in and have the same thing happen.  I ended up with 600 capture points, 15 kills and 0 Sectors captured  all over that one airfield.  It was like a magnet for tater bots!

Also tagged with potato, tomato

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users