Jump to content


Tier 7 Premiums: Like or Dislike?

Tier 7 Premium Like Dislike Rate

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Tier 7 Premiums: Like or Dislike? (13 members have cast votes)

Like? (can select multiple answers)

  1. XP-75 Eagle (4 votes [13.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.79%

  2. La-9RD (1 vote [3.45%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.45%

  3. Fw 190 A-8 (1 vote [3.45%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.45%

  4. J4M Senden (5 votes [17.24%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.24%

  5. Ki-94-I (4 votes [13.79%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.79%

  6. Meteor (6 votes [20.69%])

    Percentage of vote: 20.69%

  7. P-51K (5 votes [17.24%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.24%

  8. VB 10 (1 vote [3.45%])

    Percentage of vote: 3.45%

  9. None of the above (2 votes [6.90%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.90%

Like? (can select multiple answers)

  1. 302 (2 votes [13.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.33%

  2. Yak-3T (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  3. Yak-3RD (1 vote [6.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.67%

  4. Tu-1 (6 votes [40.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 40.00%

  5. None of the above (6 votes [40.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Dislike? (can select multiple answers)

  1. XP-75 Eagle (1 vote [4.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.76%

  2. La-9RD (2 votes [9.52%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.52%

  3. Fw 190 A-8 (5 votes [23.81%])

    Percentage of vote: 23.81%

  4. J4M Senden (2 votes [9.52%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.52%

  5. Ki-94-I (2 votes [9.52%])

    Percentage of vote: 9.52%

  6. Meteor (1 vote [4.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.76%

  7. P-51K (1 vote [4.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.76%

  8. VB 10 (1 vote [4.76%])

    Percentage of vote: 4.76%

  9. None of the above (6 votes [28.57%])

    Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Dislike? (can select multiple answers)

  1. 302 (3 votes [18.75%])

    Percentage of vote: 18.75%

  2. Yak-3T (2 votes [12.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  3. Yak-3RD (4 votes [25.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

  4. Tu-1 (1 vote [6.25%])

    Percentage of vote: 6.25%

  5. None of the above (6 votes [37.50%])

    Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Maqor #1 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:34 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3332 battles
  • 242
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR
  • Member since:
    02-01-2019

Tier 7 premiums are kind of in a No Man's Land: they're expensive, they have to face Tier 8 planes on a regular basis, they still only count as Period 2 for daily missions, and they don't earn as many credits as Tier 8 premiums. That being said, planes that are fun, strong, and fit your playstyle can still be totally worth it, even if the bar has been raised significantly at this tier.

 

So, which do you like or dislike?


upgrading: Spit14, MeP.1099B-2

grinding: Ta152, Ki-94-II, Ju88A


SpiritFoxMY #2 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:46 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5575 battles
  • 3,055
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012

Once more a shoutout to Reitousar's guide to premium planes tier 6 and above. Get the expert opinion on these planes from one of NA's top five pilots.

 

That said, the only really trash one here is the Fw190 A-8. Whoever thought it was a good idea to stick tier 7 guns on a tier 6 airframe with tier 5 ordnance needs to be sent to gulag. It's an awful airplane all around - functional at tier 7, completely worthless in tier 8.

 

The J4M is a hidden gem - the speed and firepower of a tier 8, with tier 7 ordnance and awful altitude, this thing is a low altitude beast - kinda what a Focke Wulf should be. Its lack of altitude is kinda crippling but as long as you're not facing bombers on a double MP map, this bird will rock everyone's world. Don't know why it's so rare.

 

The P-51K is just the P-51D but marginally better. Its a superb fighter crippled by its lack of effecient firepower and it says a lot about how good the base plane is that its still a deadly threat to anything it may face.

 

The Tu-1 is just mean. Its got the hit points, speed, boost and maneuverability of a Tu-2 but trades the bombs for a pair of massive 45mm derps. That's double the firepower of a Yak-9U on a highly durable, surprisingly maneuverable airframe. This thing is just wicked sick. 


***

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end


MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 29 November 2019 - 01:51 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5728 battles
  • 9,515
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Meteor is my go to for VII premiums, but the VII tech tree planes like the 109 G, 109 Z, and Spit IX dominate, so unless your goal it to just grind out credits, there really is no point to VII premiums.

 

I wrote threads in the past that discuss pilot training in premiums vs regular.  Take it for what you will, but I have always found pilot training a waste of time in a premium when you can be training the pilot at the same time as grinding plane XP in a line that you're working on.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


CorvusCorvax #4 Posted 29 November 2019 - 02:02 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 4875 battles
  • 5,292
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 29 November 2019 - 01:51 AM, said:

 

I wrote threads in the past that discuss pilot training in premiums vs regular.  Take it for what you will, but I have always found pilot training a waste of time in a premium when you can be training the pilot at the same time as grinding plane XP in a line that you're working on.


Which works out fine, right up until the time you are ready to move up a tier in the line.  You have a choice:  Move your pilot and the skill points you've accumulated, or keep your pilot in that plane, and start the next tech tree plane with a zero-point pilot.  In the end, you have a T7 plane and a T8 plane, and one experienced pilot, and one total n00b.  Using the premium in-tier to train your n00b pilot helps you to build pilot points enough to play in-tier with everyone else, who probably have 8-11 point pilots.  I guess it depends on how many pilots you want to run all at the same time, and what sacrifices you're willing to make at what tier.

 

Taking a raw pilot, and training them up by running that one pilot through all your premiums of that nation helps get them skill points quickly, with no penalties.



White_Widow18 #5 Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:09 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 12692 battles
  • 2,577
  • [A-S-S] A-S-S
  • Member since:
    10-08-2018
The Ki-94-I has become my go-to for smashy fase killing, the XP-75 has a couple of neat party tricks, and the Meteor is fine as long as its not fighting T8s, then it's a little over-fragile, but at least it can mostly keep up in the speed department.

The Yak-3RD.. oh my god I love the air frame. I love its speed, its handling, its speed, its handling..... Ok.. so the -gun- is such complete trash that I put it down as a dislike. Seriously, it's... so.. soo... soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad because of the single gun situation. I tried, I really did.. I tried -so- hard to like that plane because its so great otherwise.. but that gun murders it so bad I dislike the plane as a whole now.

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 29 November 2019 - 06:11 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9774 battles
  • 1,883
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

I hate Tier 7, hate its guts and liver I do.  

 

Need an option for "hate 'em all".  

 

Oh wait, nevermind, I figured it out and poured out all my hate and discontent for this cursed tier.  


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 29 November 2019 - 06:14 AM.


hoom #7 Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:03 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 11430 battles
  • 2,384
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Tu-1 is a derping beast.

Its not necessarily good for everyone though.

 

P-51K is my 2nd T7 premium, I bought it after re-purchasing & Specialising up the P-51D, not quite got it specialised yet but looking forward to tearing around like my P-51D.

 

I received Ki-94-I in the Fall Campaign & I'm working on Specialising it, its reasonably quick, has large firepower but very short burst, not great range & its not very agile so its going to take a lot of proper B&Z skill to really make the most of it.


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5728 battles
  • 9,515
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 28 November 2019 - 09:02 PM, said:


Which works out fine, right up until the time you are ready to move up a tier in the line.  You have a choice:  Move your pilot and the skill points you've accumulated, or keep your pilot in that plane, and start the next tech tree plane with a zero-point pilot.  In the end, you have a T7 plane and a T8 plane, and one experienced pilot, and one total n00b.  Using the premium in-tier to train your n00b pilot helps you to build pilot points enough to play in-tier with everyone else, who probably have 8-11 point pilots.  I guess it depends on how many pilots you want to run all at the same time, and what sacrifices you're willing to make at what tier.

 

Taking a raw pilot, and training them up by running that one pilot through all your premiums of that nation helps get them skill points quickly, with no penalties.

 

Like I said take it for what you will, My preference was to keep 1 pilot through the entire line so I was constantly gaining pilot skill and working up the lines.  I would never pair a raw pilot to a new plane, it just makes the plane grind last longer than it needs to.  If I really wanted to I go transfer the pilot back, pay the 80% training for silver and take 1 or 2 battles to get them to 100% If I needed a good pilot in a specific plane, like for something like clan wars or the tournaments we were having.  For every day pubby matches, its not worth the time, if I needed to go back and play a plane I have already completed, I would rely on my own skill and a raw pilot in there.  However it just so happens that 5 years have gone by and just playing planes here and there have also built up pilot skill in many planes... so aty this point nothing really mattered either way.  Hi do have some very skilled pilots in every nation though, should clan wars or tournaments ever come.

 

For me, playing in premium planes was time I could be playing in regular planes and always moving up.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


CorvusCorvax #9 Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:58 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 4875 battles
  • 5,292
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 01 December 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

 

Like I said take it for what you will, My preference was to keep 1 pilot through the entire line so I was constantly gaining pilot skill and working up the lines.  I would never pair a raw pilot to a new plane, it just makes the plane grind last longer than it needs to.  If I really wanted to I go transfer the pilot back, pay the 80% training for silver and take 1 or 2 battles to get them to 100% If I needed a good pilot in a specific plane, like for something like clan wars or the tournaments we were having.  For every day pubby matches, its not worth the time, if I needed to go back and play a plane I have already completed, I would rely on my own skill and a raw pilot in there.  However it just so happens that 5 years have gone by and just playing planes here and there have also built up pilot skill in many planes... so aty this point nothing really mattered either way.  Hi do have some very skilled pilots in every nation though, should clan wars or tournaments ever come.

 

For me, playing in premium planes was time I could be playing in regular planes and always moving up.


Yeah, I was thinking more about the planes that you keep in a line.  For example, I have kept all the planes in the Bf-109 line.  It is true that even with a 50% pilot, the P.1092 is dang OP at-tier.  Even the P.1101 can get by with a n00b pilot, just because the plane itself is so good.  But the Friederich needs a pilot with some points.  I have also kept the entire German HF line, and that line needs pilots skills from T5 on.  Engine Guru or Marksman in addition to ADE, really, at the very least.  And once you've got your pilots set in those planes, training them up can be a bit of a pain.

 

But yes, moving a pilot for clan wars is completely worth the silver cost.  By now, anyone with several T10 planes should be packing 10s of millions in silver.  100k silver shouldn't even matter.

 

That actually brings up the other reason to fly premiums - for those folks who don't have a huge Daddy Warbucks filled room of silver, the premium planes drag it in pretty well, especially at T8.  In fact, 200k silver battles are regular happenings.  Even without premium time.

 

It all comes down to which planes you keep, and what you do with them.  One might say that the 12-point pilot I have in my Emil is cheating.  [shrug]



GonerNL #10 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1648 battles
  • 1,487
  • Member since:
    01-17-2018

Got the Yak-3RD from a crate ... that plane is beyond 'dislike'. 

 

How did a one gun plane end up on tier VII ?? I have to fight the XF5U, La-7, 109 TL and such. Absolutely useless.


Flying on EU, NA, ASIA and CIS servers

hoom #11 Posted 02 December 2019 - 08:31 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 11430 battles
  • 2,384
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 Take it for what you will, but I have always found pilot training a waste of time in a premium when you can be training the pilot at the same time as grinding plane XP in a line that you're working on.

 Gonna disagree with that.

 

If you're grinding a tree plane hard then yeah you'll gain a bunch of XP quickly in Pilot XP/time compared to playing just a few X2s each day but not in Pilot XP/battle.

 

The most efficient XP/Battle way to gain XP on a Pilot is playing X2s with the same Pilot in as many Planes as you can ie in the Trained plane & a bunch of Premiums each day.

Premiums earn extra XP, it stacks with 'Accelerate Crew XP' (which you won't have enabled on a Tree plane you're grinding), cammo XP bonuses , XP Boosters & Premium time.

 

Semi-rant

Spoiler

 


C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5728 battles
  • 9,515
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGonerNL, on 02 December 2019 - 03:27 AM, said:

Got the Yak-3RD from a crate ... that plane is beyond 'dislike'. 

 

How did a one gun plane end up on tier VII ?? I have to fight the XF5U, La-7, 109 TL and such. Absolutely useless.

 

I find that plane really fun it tight situations.

 

View Posthoom, on 02 December 2019 - 03:31 AM, said:

 Gonna disagree with that.

 

If you're grinding a tree plane hard then yeah you'll gain a bunch of XP quickly in Pilot XP/time compared to playing just a few X2s each day but not in Pilot XP/battle.

 

The most efficient XP/Battle way to gain XP on a Pilot is playing X2s with the same Pilot in as many Planes as you can ie in the Trained plane & a bunch of Premiums each day.

Premiums earn extra XP, it stacks with 'Accelerate Crew XP' (which you won't have enabled on a Tree plane you're grinding), cammo XP bonuses , XP Boosters & Premium time.

 

Semi-rant

Spoiler

 

 

It depends what your goal is.  Gain XP on pilots vs gain XP on planes and get to the next tier.  You cant really do both effectively, although gaining tiers you still gain pilot skill.  But if you like playing low tiers and never want to progress, it might be worth contantly training your pilot. You can only switch pilot for free between premium planes without taking the hit to pilot skill, so making a pilot jump from plane to plane at the same tier would lean towards pilot training in premiums, but again, the time spent doing that really only benefits you if you want to train a pilot.

 

You can work up many lines and get x2 every day with multiple pilots that stay in those planes.... I had 2 pilots in each nation I believe when I was spreading out, but even then, it came down to how much time I had to play, getting an x2 in every line across all nations took too much time, so I'd limit grinding to 3 or 4 at a time.


1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users