Which is the better first multirole line to grind to Tier X, British or USN?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Which is the better first multirole line to grind to Tier X, British or USN? (14 members have cast votes)

Which is the better first multirole line to grind to Tier X, British or USN?

1. British Multiroles (9 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

2. USN Multiroles(Corsair line) (5 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Maqor #21 Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

Master Sergeant

• 1595 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR

View PostMaqor, on 23 November 2019 - 01:16 AM, said:

If you love Boom N Zoom and hate Turn N Burn like me, then it's Corsairs all the way. The line at least gives you an enjoyable tier 6 and 7 with a tier 9 worth grinding for. I'm on the F2G right now and hating it, but it's better than hating the whole Hawker line from tier 6 all the way to tier 10.

I put Ultimate LWWF and LWPU on the F2G. Now it can turn with the bot multiroles and altitude fighters that used to eat it for breakfast. It's a fun plane finally, if you like flipping zone after zone.

Grinding the XP-72 now too. It's a variation on the same theme: focus on capping, but build this one for max cruise speed. With Ultimate Polish and Uprated Engine, it can outrun most of the planes that can out turn it.

Deathnail #22 Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:48 AM

Senior Airman

• 14504 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR

The entire British line is good, with the exception of the Sea Hawk. Hunter is great. 

Corsair line has its highs in tiers VI and VIII. 

Republic (? whatever you want to call the xp44 line) line is just cantankerous. It has a couple good planes in the line, but overall I recommend making this line the last. 

Good luck. 

vcharng #23 Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:05 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 3882 battles

Well the OP is asking about FIRST line, i.e. for a multirole greenhorn.

Which means, aside from simple OPness we also need to consider easiness to master.

And I don't think anyone would disagree that just about every line in the USA tech tree is harder to master than its counterparts in other countries.

For Multiroles I'd say from easiest to hardest would be UK>Corsair>Fw>P-47>I-21.

Note that I'm talking about learning curve, not OP ness.

legoboy0401 #24 Posted 01 December 2019 - 04:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1767 battles

View Postvcharng, on 01 December 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

Well the OP is asking about FIRST line, i.e. for a multirole greenhorn.

Which means, aside from simple OPness we also need to consider easiness to master.

And I don't think anyone would disagree that just about every line in the USA tech tree is harder to master than its counterparts in other countries.

For Multiroles I'd say from easiest to hardest would be UK>Corsair>Fw>P-47>I-21.

Note that I'm talking about learning curve, not OP ness.

I think you missed a few, if you were intending to list all of them. For one, at Tier VIII-X there’s the Japanese Shinden family. Great planes, but like the Yak Light Fighter line, which are also great planes, kind of left behind as they aren’t all that fast and they certainly don’t have good altitude performance, precluding them from the option of taking on any Bomber but a bomber played on the deck, but then again, they would still have problems keeping up.

I’m not sure what to make of the Yak Multiroles, other than to say they take a reasonable amount of skill and low ping to do well in, but the skill part, by Tier X shouldn’t be too big an issue, leaving only ping as an obstacle in between your average Yak Multirole player and really good performances. Yes, one DOES have to know the limitations of their aircraft, yes, one DOES have to position at least not TOO horribly, but this is true of EVERY Multirole, especially at Tier X(I’ve watched many a Tier X Multirole gameplay video, and always noticed how important positioning is in them).

An average player with an average goal: greatness, someday. Today, mediocrity will have to suffice. But no matter, I will always play to the best of my ability, and I will always strive to make the best of my ability just that little bit stronger and better.

#Failureisalwaysanoption

#Givingupneveris

CorvusCorvax #25 Posted 01 December 2019 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• 4278 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlegoboy0401, on 01 December 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

I think you missed a few, if you were intending to list all of them. For one, at Tier VIII-X there’s the Japanese Shinden family. Great planes, but like the Yak Light Fighter line, which are also great planes, kind of left behind as they aren’t all that fast and they certainly don’t have good altitude performance, precluding them from the option of taking on any Bomber but a bomber played on the deck, but then again, they would still have problems keeping up.

I’m not sure what to make of the Yak Multiroles, other than to say they take a reasonable amount of skill and low ping to do well in, but the skill part, by Tier X shouldn’t be too big an issue, leaving only ping as an obstacle in between your average Yak Multirole player and really good performances. Yes, one DOES have to know the limitations of their aircraft, yes, one DOES have to position at least not TOO horribly, but this is true of EVERY Multirole, especially at Tier X(I’ve watched many a Tier X Multirole gameplay video, and always noticed how important positioning is in them).

Yak MRF are all about the derp.  If you're not into the derp guns, the Yak MRF line might not suit you well.

hoom #26 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:23 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10213 battles

Soviet MR are either easy & awesome or pretty terrible depending on if you can successfully land the derps.

For me despite my quite high ping I actually have had a real good experience with the Soviet derps & I-215 is king of derps.

Edited by hoom, 02 December 2019 - 09:23 AM.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

SpiritFoxMY #27 Posted 02 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4917 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

View Posthoom, on 02 December 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

Soviet MR are either easy & awesome or pretty terrible depending on if you can successfully land the derps.

For me despite my quite high ping I actually have had a real good experience with the Soviet derps & I-215 is king of derps.

There is one other thing I must note about them - their speed control is hilarious. They maintain excellent control all the way up to stall and their tier 9 has an interesting combination of superb controllability, ridiculous acceleration and incredible deceleration which makes it surprisingly easy to fight at the edge of a stall

But a truce to this mournful story

For death is a distant friend

So here's to a life of glory

And a laurel to crown each end

Maqor #28 Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Master Sergeant

• 1595 battles
  • [LNSTR] LNSTR

View PostCorvusCorvax, on 01 December 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Yak MRF are all about the derp.  If you're not into the derp guns, the Yak MRF line might not suit you well.

They just don't fit the multirole class. If you're looking for a playstyle of capturing zones, defending a little, and then capturing more zones look somewhere other than the Soviet MRF line. This is more about staying in a friendly zone and laughing at every enemy that makes the mistake of ignoring you.

Vann_the_Red #29 Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

Senior Airman

• 6166 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W
These are my two favorite lines in the game.  You can't go wrong, but I'd do the British line first.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users